Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » RNG Yoichinoyumi Sets
RNG Yoichinoyumi Sets
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-01-10 11:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Had no luck posting on RNG forum. Can anyone help me out with an updated TP/WS set?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-01-10 12:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

job change to thief and unlock rudra's storm
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-01-10 12:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't played RNG in a long time so I haven't bothered updating my sets in a while, but these are what I (used to) use:

3/4 Recycle 4-hit no acc:
ItemSet 323710

3/4 recycle 4-hit acc:
ItemSet 323712

Namas:
ItemSet 316352

Haven't looked at Unity stuff that may be applicable for RNG, so I may or may not be missing obvious things.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-01-10 13:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep in mind when you make X-hits on RNG, the less hits you need to get to 1000 TP, the more chance that Double Shot can screw it up. Even though Recycle can proc on any hit. The TP bonus on the augment from the Relic head will only proc on the 1st hit of a Double Shot proc.

So, if you have a 4-hit that relies on 3 Recycle procs you will end up a bit shy on TP with Double Shot up if Double Shot Procs 2 times in a row, if you use a 4-hit that relies on 2 Recycle procs you MUST get Recycle to proc on both hits or you will end up shy.

If you don't use Double Shot, than you're fine. Personally though, if you plan on making full use of Double Shot when it's up, I wouldn't bother with anything more than a 5-hit that relies on 2 Recycle procs. Even while relying on 3 Recycle procs on a 5-hit, you need recycle to proc on all 3 hits if you get lucky and get Double Shot to activate 2 times in a row during that phase.

Or you could always make a set for Double Shot up and Double Shot down, but that seems a bit excessive in my opinion.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-01-12 13:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I used for ~4 hit (requires some STP for WS, can't remember off the top of my head how much):

ItemSet 326867

Store TP +5 on dagger, /WAR, and you get Fencer. However, on any evasive content I drop back to 5 hit, and overall I'm not sold on 4 hit for Yoichi anyway. It's ok but you give up a pretty good chunk of other stats to hit your Store TP target. I did better in-game and on spreadsheet, dropping back to a 5-hit /WAR with relic body, and you can do WSD on dagger instead of STP. That depends on target/buffs obviously. I'm a pretty newb ranger so take my words with a grain of salt, but yeah :)