New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Rudra's Storm Update
Rudra's Storm Update
First Page 2 3 4 5
By lhova 2014-12-10 09:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't been online since the Dec updates and I'm just curious with the updates to RS are peeps seeing massively higher RS numbers, particularly to fodder or Salvage? Pre update with 3000TP I would bully/SA/AC and hit the mega boss in AR2 for a little over 14k solo, but was curious if peeps were seeing higher numbers with 3000tp or whether they were seeing higher numbers with 1000tp and up in general.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-10 09:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Well on the thf guide. Valli already posted a 31k SS on a blanched mandragora.
 Phoenix.Scarve
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Scarve 2014-12-10 09:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I did Amphibian Assault on normal yesterday with trusts. Ferreous Coffin opened with Randgrith and I closed with SA+Rudra's at around 2300 TP + 250 Moonshade, took the WHM from 90% to 0. Battlemod wasn't displaying damage so I can't give a number, but it was enough to take out the WHM before Benediction happened.
By Pantafernando 2014-12-10 10:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

lhova said: »
was curious if peeps were seeing higher numbers with 3000tp or whether they were seeing higher numbers with 1000tp and up in general.

The ws was buffed as a whole, its totally superior than before.
The real question would be: is it as strong so its the best even unstacked and at 1000tp?

Against dynamis fodder, it was pretty good, but evis, exenterator, mandalic and mercy were buffed, so whats the best unstacked at 1000tp?

Stacked or with high tp, there is no doubt, its rudra.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-10 10:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
was curious if peeps were seeing higher numbers with 3000tp or whether they were seeing higher numbers with 1000tp and up in general.

The ws was buffed as a whole, its totally superior than before.
The real question would be: is it as strong so its the best even unstacked and at 1000tp?

Against dynamis fodder, it was pretty good, but evis, exenterator, mandalic and mercy were buffed, so whats the best unstacked at 1000tp?

Stacked or with high tp, there is no doubt, its rudra.
Curious about this myself, may have to check when I get home.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-10 10:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-10 10:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
If WAR could use Rudra's I would dual wield daggers.
 Asura.Dakenx
Server: Asura
user: Thebatman
By Asura.Dakenx 2014-12-10 10:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yesterday I did new eft NM and I did a 48k SATA Rudra's on THF/WAR. Was the highest I have done so far
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-10 10:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of curiosity though, with regard to the new modifiers, how will DEX vs AGI compare when stacking with TA? I'm ignoring SA since they both use dex.

So basically would you favour DEX or AGI?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-10 10:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

As a general rule, the mod of the ws is more important than the mod of SA/TA.

Like Stroke, you use STR instead of DEX/AGI. (but everything is situational).

The important question is where is the breaking point for neck/belt. As in, wanion vs elemental belt vs Artful+1.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2014-12-10 11:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Was wondering this, too. The fTP is so insanely high that the belt/neck bonus shouldn't matter much...?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-10 11:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly. We need monten<3 to update the spreadsheet. Or someone smart enough to run it with the new calculations.

I did a really quick and dirty test last night, and the gorget added around 500 damage to SArudras on level 1 mobs. 14k naked, vs like 14,500 w/ gorget.

However, I did not get around to testing it vs amounts of DEX. I would rather someone smarter than me when it comes to this stuff do it anyway.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2014-12-10 11:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

And I'm thinking it scales so much with TP that the benefit would be even less in practice. Obviously THF is banking on using it at close to 3000 TP, but if I may digress in a THF thread, even DNC is going to be mainly concerned with this as a self-SC closer, and the combination of returned TP from the opener, a swing or two in the middle, 1120-1300 TP returned from Reverse with Charis and Toetapper, and Moonshade means we're closing with close to 2000 TP anyway.
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2014-12-10 12:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Another digression, but I figured putting it in here was a reasonable place. Stroke might be a bit better than I initially thought, especially stacked. Was doing Intuila earlier and MS was putting up 12-16k around 200tp.

I don't think I got a single clean stacked Rudra's off to compare due to it turning to me before I could get it off (I presume mob is piercing weak).

Gave me pause though to think that while RS is clearly our strongest WS currently, its not the only tool worth considering.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-10 12:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason that Stroke does so well on high level mobs, is it has STR mod.

While it's close enough to call it RUDRA EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME. It's not 100% true.

Also, multi attacks. Situations. etc ad-nausium.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-12-10 12:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't been online since the Dec updates and I'm just curious with the updates to RS are peeps seeing massively higher RS numbers, particularly to fodder or Salvage? Pre update with 3000TP I would bully/SA/AC and hit the mega boss in AR2 for a little over 14k solo, but was curious if peeps were seeing higher numbers with 3000tp or whether they were seeing higher numbers with 1000tp and up in general.

Was spamming Rudra's unstacked today in Dynamis, never saw anything less than 8k, killed everything on WS no matter how much HP it had, even if I procced on pull. And even though it's a 1-hit WS, I never missed it once.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2014-12-10 12:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »

Was spamming Rudra's unstacked today in Dynamis, never saw anything less than 8k, killed everything on WS no matter how much HP it had, even if I procced on pull. And even though it's a 1-hit WS, I never missed it once.

Right, because you now have 99% accuracy with it. Hooray!
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-12-10 12:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

A rough comparison to old Rudra's vs new Rudra's: Your new unstacked Rudra's are comparable to your old stacked Rudra's. For Salvage stuff, it'll 1-shot triple gears unstacked. Stacked, I one-shotted an Arrapago II Acrolith with only about 1500% TP (including earring).

As for comparing it to other WSs, I think it'll depend heavily on how much attack you have. Once all the numbers are in, I'd love to see a graph showing potency as it varies by TP and attack, for stacked and unstacked.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-12-10 12:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »

Right, because you now have 99% accuracy with it. Hooray!

Yeah, I know why I didn't miss, lol. Just stating the fact, as before it would wiff on occasion even on fodder due the the 95% accuracy crap.

Edit: On a job-to-job related comment, those SAM's must be drooling with jealously over our 99% accuracy on 1-handers atm. XD Poor Fudo. :3
 Ragnarok.Lunarian
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Lunarian 2014-12-10 14:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

So is THF / DNC going to be the new bandwagon? I'd like to see how THF parses in new delve vs a koga SAM. I might have to bandwagon THF hurhurhur
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-10 14:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Rudra: Rage of the Koga

Since, I finally decided to make... "it" I've been doing PW pops.

So far, I've OS'd every single NM or very close to it. Every t1 every t2 all down from 100 > 0 in 1 storm.

The t3 take 2.
 Shiva.Ladyofhonor
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Ladyofhonor 2014-12-16 04:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

BG is saying a top SAM still beats THF, and I hope that's true. You never want to be #1.

Of course, there's still a massive difference in THF damage based on player, as exists in all jobs, but I've always thought was more significant for THF (so many casuals).

I'm still deciding on how exactly to play. I'm not a huge fan of saving to 3k tp often, sometimes it "fits" best, though. And we'll have to be aware on any mobs that regularly reset TP that Rudra's may not go off so often.
By Pantafernando 2014-12-16 04:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Ladyofhonor said: »
BG is saying a top SAM still beats THF, and I hope that's true. You never want to be #1.

Of course, there's still a massive difference in THF damage based on player, as exists in all jobs, but I've always thought was more significant for THF (so many casuals).

I'm still deciding on how exactly to play. I'm not a huge fan of saving to 3k tp often, sometimes it "fits" best, though. And we'll have to be aware on any mobs that regularly reset TP that Rudra's may not go off so often.

Ideally, you want to have moonshade earring and ws at 1750, as after 2000 the slope between the anchors 2000 and 3000 is lower than between 1000 and 2000. (though slight less).
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-12-16 05:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

That's true without moonshade but not with moonshade.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/45288-Dagger-Weaponskill-Damage-Increase?p=535235&viewfull=1#post535235
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-12-16 06:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Rudra: Rage of the Koga

Since, I finally decided to make... "it" I've been doing PW pops.

So far, I've OS'd every single NM or very close to it. Every t1 every t2 all down from 100 > 0 in 1 storm.

The t3 take 2.

one~two shotting trash nms

pwitty impwessive
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-16 06:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I got my first WTF was that response to closing a skillchain with Rudra's, felt good man.
By Pantafernando 2014-12-16 07:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually moonshade + miltihits together.

A simplified math, considering single wield would still make ws at 1750 better than at 1000:

Suposing 2 players ws up till 7000 tp created, and ws at 1000 and 1750 (single wielding, no multihit proc):

At 1000: 7*ws1250= 7* 8,25 = 57,75
At 1750: 4*ws1750= 4*15 = 60

Suposing dualwielding, the most common situation, wsing at 1000 becomes better:

At 1000: 64,75
At 1750: 64

But the difference should be low enough to the ws delay comes in play.

As more multihit is added, it favors wsing at 1000.

Also, this analysis consider wsc factor applied to both offhand and multihits. Is that true?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-16 08:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Ladyofhonor said: »

BLU > SAM > 19jobs > Trust > NPC > AFK > Adventuring Fellow > THF. If you're looking for the new bandwagon, you should totally give BLU a shot. They're the best.

Rudra's update miniscule at best.
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-12-16 08:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Lunarian said: »
So is THF / DNC going to be the new bandwagon? I'd like to see how THF parses in new delve vs a koga SAM. I might have to bandwagon THF hurhurhur

I have already bandwagon it, of course I was playing thf long time ago back when all it was used for was th. I am not even going to bother making macros this time around. I'm ok with 9k Rudras in incursion.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-12-16 08:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

no one really cares about thf dps anyways tbh so cool if they macro, whatever if they don't, so long as they're putting up some good TH
First Page 2 3 4 5