Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Cibitshavore
Cibitshavore
By Calibeaner916 2014-12-05 08:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Which Path is best for overall DPS? coming to an end with gearing rng, have tenzen bow, and weighing options of relic bow, gun, or delve bow. >.<
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-12-05 09:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

relic gun > all else. This bow is for sams onry. dont waste time making it for rng. lion delve bow is ok until you get relic gun.

/thread
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-12-05 09:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Calibeaner916 said: »
Which Path is best for overall DPS? coming to an end with gearing rng, have tenzen bow, and weighing options of relic bow, gun, or delve bow. >.<

Tenzen bow is, with Yoichi, the highest ranger dps weapon. In situations where hate isn't an issue, these weapons do the most damage. However, the bulk of situations where you use ranger favor Annihilator's utility over raw damage.

You can clear any content in XI that you'd use ranger on with Tenzen bow, so if you don't want to make a relic, don't bother.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-05 09:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I like Phaosphaelia. Got Ratt+8 racc+8 snapshot+7 augments. RNG is my 4th go-to content job, so not making a relic gun. You could look into that bow. If its wkr or below content, oat2 crit+4 augment on ajjub bow is okay for tp gain. Gun options are kind of limited if not using a relic, which is most desired. I'd imagine that Tenzen bow, along with Cibit is also crap for rng.

I've seen a few people use Lion Bow. I think anything below that bow or Phaos probably sucks for jishnu's.

Relic Bow is really good too.
By Calibeaner916 2014-12-05 15:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I like Phaosphaelia. Got Ratt+8 racc+8 snapshot+7 augments. RNG is my 4th go-to content job, so not making a relic gun. You could look into that bow. If its wkr or below content, oat2 crit+4 augment on ajjub bow is okay for tp gain. Gun options are kind of limited if not using a relic, which is most desired. I'd imagine that Tenzen bow, along with Cibit is also crap for rng.

I've seen a few people use Lion Bow. I think anything below that bow or Phaos probably sucks for jishnu's.

I Had never seen this bow as im just coming back to the game, the augs i saw were 20 racc, 20 rng atk WS damage 6% >.> why the hell do ppl not spam that run? lol i want one!
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-05 16:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cause it's delay is DISGUSTING. And no one would actually use it when there are better options.

And the augment system blows. And new skirmish is fail. And rangers don't use bows.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-05 16:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Cause it's delay is DISGUSTING. And no one would actually use it when there are better options. And the augment system blows. And new skirmish is fail. And rangers don't use bows.

All of this. The delay is really really bad, and outside of Decoy shot, it will get you killed quickly with ws dmg and all that jazz. Really, the best option for career RNGs is annihilator. Pick that and you're golden. For someone like me, though, where I only need rng for a few shout groups i need to join, it will suffice.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-12-05 16:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Calibeaner916 said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

I Had never seen this bow as im just coming back to the game, the augs i saw were 20 racc, 20 rng atk WS damage 6% >.> why the hell do ppl not spam that run? lol i want one!

Like other people said, the awkward delay makes it suffer. Those are amazing augments, true, but your TP phase damage will be lower with that bow, while with the higher base damage and WSD augment, your WS damage will be higher. It's a dangerous weapon to use with Jishnu's Radiance. While on ranger you have Decoy and Camo to mitigate enmity from shooting, WS damage is problematic, and is generally what gets you killed, along with your party.

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Cause it's delay is DISGUSTING. And no one would actually use it when there are better options.

And the augment system blows. And new skirmish is fail. And rangers don't use bows.

Bows are fine. Jishnu's is hnngggg. Maybe what you mean is that rangers use Anni, because there's a big falloff among guns after relic.