users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Solo Capacity Point Setups
Solo Capacity Point Setups
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-11-24 13:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Since the new update came out I have been farming Capacity Points with trusts only on VT's in the new basement area pretty reliably on SAM and THF, now that I am comfortable with the camp, Pointwatch usually hovers around 150k-180k CP/hour with the double CP campaign in effect.

The point in me discussing this is, I would like to try out RNG in that camp, as well. I put a little makeshift melee TP set together, and with Squid Sushi +1, I was hovering about 90% accuracy. I still have plenty of tweaks I can make to the TP set, so this is very manageable.

The damage taken at the camp wasn't actually as bad as I thought it would be, more than manageable with the healing I bring with SAM. One small issue that really sucks though, I can't really use Koru-Moru effectively as he assumes I need Flurry II instead of Haste II. So i can't realistically reach the haste cap.

What setups do most people roll with when they go out to farm CP on RNG?
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
Server: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2014-11-24 14:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

If he's giving you flurry just shoot, the tp gain and dps will be higher than your daggers anyways
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-11-24 14:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »
If he's giving you flurry just shoot, the tp gain and dps will be higher than your daggers anyways
And waste all those bullets? Damn that!
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-11-24 14:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Syagin said: »
Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »
And waste all those arrows? Damn that!

FTFY
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
Server: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2014-11-24 15:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

You're not a real ranger if you're worried about ammo =P think of the days of old when recycle sucked and we bought demon arrows or silver bullets by the 50k+ a stack
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2014-11-24 15:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Will Cherukiki haste 1 you? I know it's not haste 2 but it's something at least. I think she was giving me haste 1 in WKR this weekend on BLM.
By Wordspoken 2014-11-25 07:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hoshiku said: »
Will Cherukiki haste 1 you? I know it's not haste 2 but it's something at least. I think she was giving me haste 1 in WKR this weekend on BLM.
Yes, she does.
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
Server: Ragnarok
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2014-11-25 07:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

yes i use her on Cor also . since koru will cast Flurry II on me wich is stupid .