WHM Sets?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » WHM Sets?
WHM Sets?
 Phoenix.Dannielle
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Dannielle 2014-10-23 08:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey there, I main Geomancer normally but my boyfriend has leveled White Mage on my account and geared it a bit. Can anyone show me their sets and tell me what I should aim for when working at gear? These are the sets I've got so far. Please tell me if there's anything I should change in the sets that I do have (I only have 3.)

Healing set
ItemSet 329969
"Cure" Potency +50% (Genbu's shield is augmented at 6%), "Cure" Spellcasting time -42% (Genbu's shield is augmented at -8%), "Healing magic" spellcasting time -17%, Enmity -39, MND +144, Haste +13%

Enfeebling set
ItemSet 329945
Enfeebling magic skill +65, Magic Accuracy +125, Magic Accuracy skill +228, MND+190, INT+151
**This set was copied off my friend Kao's "Enfeebling MND Accuracy" set and replaced with White Mage items when it was Red Mage specific items or non-White Mage equipable, so I don't know if it's the best for White Mage, being she's as Red Mage.

Indle set
ItemSet 329946
Refresh +5, Refresh under 50% mana +7

I still need the set for curaga, cursna, barspells, regen, protectra/shellra, MDT, PDT, and anything else that anyone can maybe think of. I've looked at the "On Healing Hands" guide. I don't consider /SCH "Light Arts" when using these sets, as I normally sub RDM because it works best for me and my group. I'm still looking into these sets at myself, but if anyone can show me theirs or give me some input it'd be greatly appreciated. =)
 Cerberus.Flaminglegion
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Flaminglegion 2014-10-23 08:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

flawless ribbon will help your idle set stack those resistances too
[+]
 Phoenix.Dannielle
By Phoenix.Dannielle 2014-10-23 08:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Flaminglegion said: »

So I need two idle sets? One for refresh, other for resistances?
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-10-23 08:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if you sub /rdm (which is really not a better SJ for various reasons imo, but if it works for you then it works for you!) Conagh's guide still gives you one of the best combos you can have.

few things to note:
- you should really aim for a cure set that uses orison body +2 for the extra stoneskin effect.
- I see 6 tick on your current refresh (assuming your hairpin and moonshade have refresh augment. Simply changing your body to gende. +1 or changing your head to nefer khat would get you that 7th tick at all times. I'd recommend gende. +1 for more meva/pdt/mdt.
- The rings are a bit pointless imo, I guess you use them for the resist silence effect, but any sensible mage should carry a stack of echo drops/remedy with them. you're much better off idling in mdt/pdt rings (i.e. dark rings augmented and/or d ring).
- look into artseiq for your debuff purposes. JSE boots/WKR hat aren't better
[+]
 Phoenix.Dannielle
By Phoenix.Dannielle 2014-10-23 08:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
Even if you sub /rdm (which is really not a better SJ for various reasons imo, but if it works for you then it works for you!) Conagh's guide gives you one of the best combos you can have.

few things to note:
- you should really aim for a cure set that uses orison body +2 for the extra stoneskin effect.
- I see 6 tick on your current refresh (assuming your hairpin and moonshade has refresh augment. Simply changing your body to gende. +1 or changing your head to nefer khat would get you that 7th tick at all times. I'd recommend gende. +1 for more meva/pdt/mdt.
- The rings are a bit pointless imo, I guess you use them for the resist silence effect, but any sensible mage should carry a stack of echo drops/remedy with them. you're much better off idling in mdt/pdt rings (i.e. dark rings augmented and/or d ring).
- look into artseiq for your debuff purposes. JSE boots/WKR hat isn't better

They both have refresh augments! I changed the rings and the body, I didn't realized that Gendewitha Bliaut +1 has refresh +2. I'll look into changing around my curing set for the Orison Bliaud +2. I do carry Echo Drops/Remedies with me, but I figured that if I resist silence, I'm not going to need to use the echo drops. xD

Edit: I'll also looked into the /SCH subjob. I'm so used to /RDM that I don't like using /SCH due to the difference and I messed up a lot with it, but I guess if it's the optimality then it's probably best to learn how to start using it with WHM. (:
 Phoenix.Dannielle
By Phoenix.Dannielle 2014-10-23 08:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I changed it around now.

ItemSet 329969

I replaced the Enmity ring with the new Garuda ring and Loquacious Earring with Roundel Earring to continued cap "Cure" potency and replaced the Gendewitha Bliaut +1 to the Orison Bliaud +2.

Does "Light Arts" give cure potency?
 Leviathan.Fosco
Server: Leviathan
user: Fosco
By Leviathan.Fosco 2014-10-23 15:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dannielle said: »
No.
"Just" reduced casting time, recast time, and MP cost.
You can add to your cure value with job points though. I think it's tied to Afflatus Solace.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-23 16:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey there, I main Geomancer normally but my boyfriend has leveled White Mage on my account and geared it a bit. Can anyone show me their sets and tell me what I should aim for when working at gear? These are the sets I've got so far. Please tell me if there's anything I should change in the sets that I do have (I only have 3.)

Healing set
ItemSet 329969
"Cure" Potency +50% (Genbu's shield is augmented at 6%), "Cure" Spellcasting time -42% (Genbu's shield is augmented at -8%), "Healing magic" spellcasting time -17%, Enmity -39, MND +144, Haste +13%

Enfeebling set
ItemSet 329945
Enfeebling magic skill +65, Magic Accuracy +125, Magic Accuracy skill +228, MND+190, INT+151
**This set was copied off my friend Kao's "Enfeebling MND Accuracy" set and replaced with White Mage items when it was Red Mage specific items or non-White Mage equipable, so I don't know if it's the best for White Mage, being she's as Red Mage.

Indle set
ItemSet 329946
Refresh +5, Refresh under 50% mana +7

I still need the set for curaga, cursna, barspells, regen, protectra/shellra, MDT, PDT, and anything else that anyone can maybe think of. I've looked at the "On Healing Hands" guide. I don't consider /SCH "Light Arts" when using these sets, as I normally sub RDM because it works best for me and my group. I'm still looking into these sets at myself, but if anyone can show me theirs or give me some input it'd be greatly appreciated. =)

You could just try the Healing Hands Guide 2 showing gearsets for everything and a gearswap file if you use those...

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/44724/on-healing-hands-a-comprehensive-whm-guide-v2#2732120

It's also on Forums > jobs > Whitemage > Top option Stickied...

No need for extra forums for this sorta thing really.

It also explains how every JA works, why SCH is superior to RDM sub in every way by a Significant margin.

Has every set you could imagine (Minus Melee sets)

I know you also said "you looked at the guide" but then really what was it about the guide that didn't help? Interested so I can address that as I thought the sets were up to date and explained everything pretty well.
[+]
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-10-23 16:11:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I changed it around now.

ItemSet 329969

I replaced the Enmity ring with the new Garuda ring and Loquacious Earring with Roundel Earring to continued cap "Cure" potency and replaced the Gendewitha Bliaut +1 to the Orison Bliaud +2.

It doesn't, but it does bump up your healing magic skills which increases the amount you cure
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-23 16:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

no lol, flaming think's he funny but he's just a troll normally.

I'd only make Refresh and PDT sets.

I take it you're making all in one sets as not using Windower? Or no Spare Macrosets?

I'll add All in one sets if needed but I tend to not bother when you can 1 macro
Code
/equipset001
/ma "Cure IV" <stal>
/equipset002

The equip set (Line 3) won't fire until you confirm your target making flawless swaps between gear.

I avoid the Gende and Wivre Hairpin in guide as cleaving Abyssea for a chance of drop is low and I've seen people spend weeks there trying to farm one.

Your Enfeebling set is Solid, I'd personally swap the necklace for imbodla necklace 7 Base Stat and 5 enfeebling skill with it being 1:1 stat for macc until you get 10 higher than your target. Its 1 extra macc (combined) however that's a rather Minor bonus.

Healing set
ItemSet 329969

Magnetic Earring for more mp, while I get that's nice, you should have plenty of mp /SCH (I know you prefer RDM but it's really a moot point) You can do the quests for PDT Earrings (Darkness Earrings) quest can be found Here
[+]
 Phoenix.Dannielle
By Phoenix.Dannielle 2014-10-23 16:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

This is a problem if I make my own thread? I do not understand how this is a problem, I would rather spam my own thread with questions than another's. Perhaps this is just my preference.

I changed it around now.

ItemSet 329969

It doesn't, but it does bump up your healing magic skills which increases the amount you cure

I don't think Light Arts increases your skill if you're capped, though.

I take it you're making all in one sets as not using Windower? Or no Spare Macrosets?

I'll add All in one sets if needed but I tend to not bother when you can 1 macro
Code
/equipset001
/ma "Cure IV" <stal>
/equipset002

The equip set (Line 3) won't fire until you confirm your target making flawless swaps between gear.

I avoid the Gende and Wivre Hairpin in guide as cleaving Abyssea for a chance of drop is low and I've seen people spend weeks there trying to farm one.

Your Enfeebling set is Solid, I'd personally swap the necklace for imbodla necklace 7 Base Stat and 5 enfeebling skill with it being 1:1 stat for macc until you get 10 higher than your target. Its 1 extra macc (combined) however thats a rather Minor bonus.

Okay on the necklaces, how do you get the magic accuracy of a foe? I have a Wivre Hairpin already, so I think I'll stick to that, but I understand your point of why it's bad.

I don't used the Windower, I use Ashita! But I don't use equipsets, I didn't know how they worked until you made that line.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-23 16:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a problem if I make my own thread? I do not understand how this is a problem, I would rather spam my own thread with questions than another's. Perhaps this is just my preference.

I changed it around now.

ItemSet 329969

I don't think Light Arts increases your skill if you're capped, though.

Code
/equipset001
/ma "Cure IV" <stal>
/equipset002

Your Enfeebling set is Solid, I'd personally swap the necklace for imbodla necklace 7 Base Stat and 5 enfeebling skill with it being 1:1 stat for macc until you get 10 higher than your target. Its 1 extra macc (combined) however thats a rather Minor bonus.

Okay on the necklaces, how do you get the magic accuracy of a foe? I have a Wivre Hairpin already, so I think I'll stick to that, but I understand your point of why it's bad.

I don't used the Windower, I use Ashita! But I don't use equipsets, I didn't know how they worked until you made that line.

I have an alert on WHM forum threads that's all so I can jump to help people! (I know don't even start) Ashita Aye! well then!

I used Ashita rather extensively, There's a Lua packet programme on there also you can force these swaps into. If you like I could create a Profile and add it on here ~

Wivre isn't bad, it is better it's just painful for people to get.

I edited my above post a tad also was updating things in it, the darkness earring one is painful but easier as its just run click run click done.

You don't need to know the macc of your opponent, dINT is your INT vs Your Targets, and 1 INT = 1 mAcc until you INT is 10 higher than Your Opponents, A good rule of thumb is Stack Stats as SE Stat Vomit Equipment and Monsters alot so you are VERY unlikely to be capped.

Light art's doesn't increase your skill past B+ and WHM has A+ so ... go home Spirachub you're drunk
[+]
 Phoenix.Dannielle
By Phoenix.Dannielle 2014-10-23 17:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need to know the macc of your opponent, dINT is your INT vs Your Targets, and 1 INT = 1 mAcc until you INT is 10 higher than Your Opponents, A good rule of thumb is Stack Stats as SE Stat Vomit Equipment and Monsters alot so you are VERY unlikely to be capped.

I didn't understand this, at all. ;~; I don't know how to know if my INT is higher.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-23 17:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't understand this, at all. ;~; I don't know how to know if my INT is higher.

OK Magic Accuracy is Calculated like this

Upon casting a spell on an enemy target, the caster's Magic Accuracy is compared to the target's Magic Evasion to determine Magic Hit Rate (and the Resist rate or distribution of Resist states) for Magic.

Knowing your tagets magic Evasion isn't that easy however for Delve RUle of thumb is Approximate ~ 950 and Delve 2~ 1250 (This is a little high possibly however it's based on Magic Evasion)

Once you get above 50% Hit rates on spells, +1 Macc is 1% Chance to land assuming there's no resist states (like on Stun but lets ignore resist states).

Magic Accuracy is calculated based on the following

Total relevant magic skill (enfeebling, elemental, etc.)
  • 1 Skill = 1 Magic Accuracy

• dSTAT : The difference between a caster's attribute and the same attribute on the target. (Your Int vs your targets) This is calculated based on the following: +1 Stat = +1 Magic Accuracy until dSTAT > 10~15 at which point 1 Stat = 0.5 Magic Accuracy, THIS DOES NOT COUNT ON NINJITSU! but who cares about lolnin.

• Magic Accuracy gained by Gear

It's safe to assume your target's Base stats are 280+ on Hard Targets (This might be wrongbut we don't know their stats) so just assume 1 stat = 1 Macc
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-23 17:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

So would you like an AshitaCast Gearswap file for WHM? I'll make one and add to WHM guide, I totally overlooked that
[+]
 Phoenix.Dannielle
By Phoenix.Dannielle 2014-10-23 17:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

So would you like an AshitaCast Gearswap file for WHM? I'll make one and add to WHM guide, I totally overlooked that

It would be nice! I think there is a base one too in the files under the docs. I never use it before though.
 Asura.Zizek
Server: Asura
user: zizek
By Asura.Zizek 2014-10-23 17:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

curious, don't mean to hijack, but proper tp/realmrazer sets anyone? ^^
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-23 18:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zizek said: »
curious, don't mean to hijack, but proper tp/realmrazer sets anyone? ^^

Working on them myself at the minute just trying to get the Math own for Flash Nova as it "should" beat Realmrazer
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-23 18:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be nice! I think there is a base one too in the files under the docs. I never use it before though.

That's basically the file, in all honesty it's not as robust as Gearswap yet (Spoilers!) but it does manage Instant Cast the Same WayHere
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-23 18:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I was playing with this for TP- with Ionis you have capped Gear haste (24% otherwise). With some QA belt.

Not sure on cape options still deciding

ItemSet 329989
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-10-23 18:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Tengu-no-Hane (only during daytime, but all the same it kicks the crud out of vanir battery when active)

and

kayapa cape if accuracy is relevant(buquwik also not too bad if you want to avoid the DT+ on rancor)
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-23 18:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Tengu-no-Hane (only during daytime, but all the same it kicks the crud out of vanir battery when active)

and

kayapa cape if accuracy is relevant(buquwik also not too bad if you want to avoid the DT+ on rancor)

Different play styles but good options, I'll mix the set up with that
 Phoenix.Dannielle
By Phoenix.Dannielle 2014-10-23 20:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I put together for PDT, just put Evasion/Magic Evasion/Magic Def. Bonus where I couldn't get PDT. Any suggestions? Didn't really know what I was looking for.

ItemSet 329988

Got this for barspells.

ItemSet 329985
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-23 21:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I put together for PDT, just put Evasion/Magic Evasion/Magic Def. Bonus where I couldn't get PDT. Any suggestions? Didn't really know what I was looking for.

ItemSet 329988

Got this for barspells.

ItemSet 329985

Barspells:

ItemSet 320298

PDT, you'rs is fine minus that body, Gendeiwtha+1 wbeter defense, referesh +2 and PDT Augments.

battlecasters are fine but my PDT sets has more advantages

ItemSet 329640

My set caps PDT and MDT (18% MDT needed) whilst providing more Defense and Magic Evasion stats, plus lets you use Bole for refresh +1 couple with body +3 total and regen +1

Alternatives: If no D ring swap Artsieq hose to Anything Gendeiwtha / +1 for more defense and PDT+5 Augment and MDT+3. Swap to Slipor Sash for MDT to recap. Using the OBI means if your full time that set for Idle instead of normal Idle (IE Incursion) and you drop below 75% MP you still have 4 Tic Refresh so its a Solid set.
[+]
 Asura.Vinedrius
Server: Asura
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-11-07 03:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

My set caps PDT and MDT (18% MDT needed)

Shellra V cap is 75/256, right? So I should need (128-75)/256=~20.7%(or 21 on gear) more MDT to cap. What am I missing?

Edit: If that is the case (see quote), you can just use 5/5 gende with at least +13 mdt and torque would cap mdt. There is also Sihirik if you are missing 2 mdt from any augmented slot(s) or you can use vanir battery if you are already capped without Sihirik.

Theo body +1 only has 1 DEF over Gende +1, the rest of the stats that matters are exactly the same. Same situation applies to Artsieq legs and Gende legs +1 as well, with Gende having only 1 vit over Artsieq.
By charlo999 2014-11-07 11:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Capped merits, reforged relic legs and sheltered ring.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-07 12:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vinedrius said: »
My set caps PDT and MDT (18% MDT needed)

Shellra V cap is 75/256, right? So I should need (128-75)/256=~20.7%(or 21 on gear) more MDT to cap. What am I missing?

Edit: If that is the case (see quote), you can just use 5/5 gende with at least +13 mdt and torque would cap mdt. There is also Sihirik if you are missing 2 mdt from any augmented slot(s) or you can use vanir battery if you are already capped without Sihirik.

Theo body +1 only has 1 DEF over Gende +1, the rest of the stats that matters are exactly the same. Same situation applies to Artsieq legs and Gende legs +1 as well, with Gende having only 1 vit over Artsieq.

This is going back a tad and the question was answered ~ but for argument sake on a thread that's 5+ weeks old? It was an all in one set that gave high Defense, Magic Evasion for resist rate along with higher dSTAT, PDT, MDT augments.

Magic Defense Bonus is definitely an option, however if I'm being wailed on I would like to be able assure myself I will be able to cast a spell so I prefer Impatiens for obvious reasons.

Such small differences at that point when we argue 1 stat vs 1 defense etc mean nothing and is based on play style and what you're doing.