New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Bard Lullaby song
Bard Lullaby song
First Page 2
By Xxpoure 2014-10-09 18:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

just wondering what people have for there lullaby sets...

i seen a few brd sleep almost anything with np but i get resisted in high lvl areas and its starting to p**s me off now ... what are your sets?
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-09 18:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

This is for Horde Lullaby (Prefer Harp for range)

ItemSet 329400

Feet have Macc Augment path for +20, lehbrailg is CHR and Macc Augments.

for Single Target or JA (or specific mobs ie 3 tarus on Tenzen) use Gjallahorn or Eminent and obviously because it's wind swap to Bihu hands +1, theybeat Lurid by a small amount using Wind.

I use this on my mule, think I need to fix a couple of rules for alternative debuffs and possibly a toggle for it.

I normally just lock the slot in certain fights.

http://privatepaste.com/4da7434752
By Xxpoure 2014-10-09 18:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

i need to work on getting that weapon for a start and also the hands ... this is what im using atm ; ;
ItemSet 329401
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-09 19:21:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxpoure said: »
i need to work on getting that weapon for a start and also the hands ... this is what im using atm ; ;

{main="Twebuliij",sub="Mephitis Grip",range="Gjallarhorn",
head="Bihu Roundlet +1",neck="Noetic Torque",ear1="Psystorm Earring",ear2="Lifestorm Earring",body="Aoidos' hongreline +2",hands="Gendewitha Gages +1",ring1="Sangoma Ring",ring2="Perception Ring",back="Rhapsode's cape",waist="Witful Belt",legs="Bihu Cannions +1",feet="Bokwus Boots"}

sry dont know how to show sets yet ... but will work on it ; ;

Easy make the set then type this
Code
[itemset]295378[/itemset]

Looks like You are about 200 Macc behind myself then... Nuna Gorget +1 is 9 CHR 1:1 assumed ratio atm so its 9 macc, there is a Piper's Torque to consider but I use Nuna for potency (lol) but more because it works on String and Wind. Orvate rope is a Huge Macc piece. Artsieq feet have alot more macc on them.

Body well its got 33 CHR 29 macc 13 Singing skill plus good string skill, which is nice for Harp Lullabys Acc.

Sorry also you use Pan's Horn over Eminent but you have Gjallahorn so w.e

Your rings are fine but NQ Carb Rings would be arguably better due to 8 CHR.

my GS combines 2 sets on songs anyway so you need to look at Perfection debuff (Perfect gear required and not yet obtained) and the Lullaby / Horde set (horde aint in this oddly must have used old GS as im on Laptop not PC)

EDIT**

Looks like you amended your set! Changed body (cos body is nearly 100 macc!)
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-09 19:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a few sets for Lullabies depending on the situation.

Sleeping 2 or more targets quite close together? Macc+Ghorn.
Sleeping 2 or more targets spread out? M.acc+Nursemaid Harp

Sleeping 1 target, no Troubadour? Macc+Ghorn

Sleeping 1 target, with Troubadour up? Song Duration Gear+Ghorn and Brioso Hands

Sleeping 2 or more targets close together with Troubadour up? Song Duration Gear, Brioso Hands and Ghorn.

Sleeping 2 or more targets far apart with Troubadour up? Song Duration Gear, Brioso Hands and Nursemaid.

An example of 2 or more targets close together are the Cherukikki's during the Tenzen fight btw.
By Xxpoure 2014-10-09 19:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

yea i noticed my gearswap was not setup right ... plus im just starting to use gearswap so im still new to it ... so defo working on that this weekend,....

damn highwynn thats nice ... is that nursemaid better than a 99D-harp for lullaby??

EDIT***
changed it up alittle more ... best i can untill i farm gill for better rings and get that weapon and hands ><
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-10 07:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

yea i noticed my gearswap was not setup right ... plus im just starting to use gearswap so im still new to it ... so defo working on that this weekend,....

damn highwynn thats nice ... is that nursemaid better than a 99D-harp for lullaby??

EDIT***
changed it up alittle more ... best i can untill i farm gill for better rings and get that weapon and hands ><

99 d hafp as in empy... it sdds nothing but extra songs. Nursmaids is +2 which is 20 % more duration
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-10-10 09:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

EDIT***

99 d hafp as in empy... it sdds nothing but extra songs. Nursmaids is +2 which is 20 % more duration

It gives 20 singing and 20 string skills. i.e. Macc. From what i read(it's been a while since i've looked) no one has found concrete evidence that +x helps macc on lullaby. so if the OP has problem landing it i'd def go for dharp when the range is needed.

which content are you struggling to sleep stuff with? I'd be surprised if you can't sleep things with that set in delve2. High level Incursion might be a struggle sure. But if you're struggling to sleep things around 125-128 then it's probably worth a check that your gearswap is working as intended.

edit:
I use this:
ItemSet 329427
note:
Skirm 2 staff is of course better if you can get a good augment out of it.
relic head is better, i'm using AF because i got it before relic came out and i'm stubborn.
JSE cape is only better if you can get a good augment that beats kumbra
Enchanter's earring+1 will be better than musical earring.
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2014-10-10 09:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Daurdabla is way superior to nursemaid. 20 singing/20 String and 25-30% duration.

The set in post 3 isn't terrible so I'd concur that it's probably a gearswap issue.
 Fenrir.Duvelamilla
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Duvelamilla 2014-10-10 09:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I had this problem when i was first leveling bard and pulling at colibri. I noticed other bards were so I asked one what I was doing wrong, and it was the fact that I was using harp vs horn. Horn has innately more accuracy over a harp which has range. So if you are having issues use the horn on higher level content and the harp on lesser.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-10-10 09:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You should always use horn unless you need the range that harp gives (e.g. trying to sleep a horde of adds that are not hugging each other - horn is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE on AE range with horde lullaby)
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-10 09:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes D.Harp is better than Nursemaid for sure, I don't have it though, so Nursemaid ftw.

I wish Lullaby with Harp had the same range as buffs with harps. When I sing a 3rd dummysong with Terpander it's easily like a 25 or 30 range. Even when I'm hugging DDs, Shinging Fantasia still hits the WHM and COR from like halfway across the map ._.

If only lullaby had a range like that, it would be so sweet for crowd control :/

They need to give us Fortissimo, makes the next song AoE 30' including debuff songs!
By Xxpoure 2014-10-10 10:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

so its 100% defo my gearswap ... but as i said im also very new to gearswap and i know people say its just the same as spellcast and i guess it is in all fairness... i will spend this weekend looking through it and fix this thing ... thank you all for the help your giving me here ... im 20k from making brd mythic so i wanna get this all down before i make a mythic and not use it right >)
 Cerberus.Ganlere
user: Ganlere
By Cerberus.Ganlere 2014-10-10 11:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I still have a little trouble with sleeps. I plan to work on Ghorn to eliminate most of that issue. However, couple little piece questions:

Demonry Sash vs. Ovate Rope, is the Macc the same with the 1:1 chr or is the rope just superior to have overall?

Piper's Torque vs. Nuna (reg or +1), basically same question.

I know it's small difference, but a little always helps.

That would give me all the same gear as either spira or conagh except the +1 rings, don't have those.
By Creecreelo 2014-10-10 11:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
Yes D.Harp is better than Nursemaid for sure, I don't have it though, so Nursemaid ftw.

I wish Lullaby with Harp had the same range as buffs with harps. When I sing a 3rd dummysong with Terpander it's easily like a 25 or 30 range. Even when I'm hugging DDs, Shinging Fantasia still hits the WHM and COR from like halfway across the map ._.

If only lullaby had a range like that, it would be so sweet for crowd control :/

They need to give us Fortissimo, makes the next song AoE 30' including debuff songs!

Harp AoE range caps at 20'
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-10 11:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

carry on.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-10-10 11:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

you can consider it as 1:1 when it matters.

From BGWiki
Quote:
+1 Stat = +1 Magic Accuracy until dSTAT > 10~15 at which point 1 Stat = 0.5 Magic Accuracy

So Demonry Sash and ovate rope would be comparable when it matters. I use Ovate because I can use that for black magic enfeebling with other jobs.

There's only 2 problems with piper's torque for me:
1 - it's wind skill and I've never really had any problems with landing things on the ghorn. So I tend to go for a set that is equally helpful for harp horde lullabies. So with nuna vs pipers, it's 8(9)macc always, or 10macc on wind and 5macc on string? of course there's option number 3 - carry both and switch when it's needed. (this is also the reason why i use Lurids over relic hands. So it depends on how you play and what is your worries)

2 - it's NEVER on AH. lol
By Xxpoure 2014-10-10 11:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

what about the Dualism Collar +1 would that be good also for lullaby's? CHR +8 and light+15
By Xxpoure 2014-10-10 11:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

also just looking at the Seraph mittens +1 MND+32 CHR+18 and LIGHT+50 ... you think they ok ofr now untill i get Lurrid mitts?
 Cerberus.Spirachub
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-10-10 11:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Dualism Collar +1 would be the same as NQ nuna gorget

light elemental resistance won't make a difference on your magic accuracy and neither will MND. Stick with Relic +1, they are best in slot for horn debuff.
 Cerberus.Ganlere
user: Ganlere
By Cerberus.Ganlere 2014-10-10 12:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
2 - it's NEVER on AH. lol

Had farmed a couple Piper's already ^^ seemed to be about 50% drop rate with TH9+ Just have to remember the charm if anyone plans to go kill that imp.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-10 12:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Reain said: »
Daurdabla is way superior to nursemaid. 20 singing/20 String and 25-30% duration.

The set in post 3 isn't terrible so I'd concur that it's probably a gearswap issue.

I wasn't aware this gave 30% duration.. now I need one sigh.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-10-10 12:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

25% on D90.

The only time you'd want to sing in Dharp is dummy songs and horde lullaby that requires a large(r) range anyway. dummy songs you don't want the duration... so if you're making a dharp just for horde lullaby on the harp sounds a bit excessive lol
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-10 16:15:11
Link | Quote | Reply

25% on D90.

The only time you'd want to sing in Dharp is dummy songs and horde lullaby that requires a large(r) range anyway. dummy songs you don't want the duration... so if you're making a dharp just for horde lullaby on the harp sounds a bit excessive lol

You under estimate my ocd...
 Asura.Alucardr
By Asura.Alucardr 2014-10-15 15:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

What would be the limit of empyrean set+2 in terms of lullaby efficiency? Would it be doable for any of the delve 2.0 or the macc is just too low?

Starting brd here and asking this while building a reforged relic set.
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2014-10-15 15:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought CHR was 2:1, not 1:1?
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-15 15:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Waffless said: »

Nope.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-15 15:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alucardr said: »
What would be the limit of empyrean set+2 in terms of lullaby efficiency? Would it be doable for any of the delve 2.0 or the macc is just too low?

Starting brd here and asking this while building a reforged relic set.

Its 23 levels too low. Should be inferred common sense considering oh i dont know you get like +500 macc difference in gear, they don't just add that for fun you know lol.

AF3+2 atuff wont even manage fodder mobs in delve 1 particularly well.
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2014-10-15 16:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope.

Guess I have a use for Kumbira cape now then.
 Siren.Bruno
Server: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2014-10-18 13:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope.

Guess I have a use for Kumbira cape now then.

Not entirely accurate. For most endgame targets, your assumption is correct, however that shouldn't influence the entirety of a debuff set. For example, let's say the target is Tojil. Tojil's CHR can be assumed to be 200. Also let's assume we're using a Wind instrument.

As pointed out earlier...

From BGWiki
Quote:
+1 Stat = +1 Magic Accuracy until dSTAT > 10~15 at which point 1 Stat = 0.5 Magic Accuracy

Which means our CHR is equivalent to Magic Accuracy bonuses(CHR+1 = Magic Accuracy +1) until our CHR reaches 210~215. If you made two sets that show which gives the most amount of Magic Accuracy for songs assuming CHR's magic acc ratio is 1:1, and another that shows CHR's magic acc ratio is 2:1, (aside from random augments for a sec) it would look like this:

ItemSet 321745 ItemSet 323180

CHR+184 on the left, CHR+199 on the right, before factoring in base CHR. The only thing that may be hard to come by is Carbuncle Ring +1s.

Now yes, these have identical best-in-slot pieces besides the cape, which, let's think about for a sec, assuming 1:1, the Kumbira Cape provides a magic accuracy bonus of +24, and Rhapsode's Cape is +21. Now let's factor in random augments(aside from the elusive Alloy Torque...)Rhapsode's Cape can receive an augment from Incursion of Magic Accuracy+1~6. Which means with an augment of +3 Magic Accuracy, Rhapsode's cape matches Kumbira Cape when assuming 1:1, and beats it with a +4~6 augment.
And then of course, any CHR augment on Lehbrailg +2

Back to Tojil, if you're using the set with CHR+184, then adding base CHR (my base CHR is 91 w/o merits on Tarutaru BRD/WHM) for a total of +275, it exceeds the point at which CHR becomes 0.5 (or, 2:1 magic accuracy) by 60~65. Which means, even if you are to assume a target's dCHR is high enough to start out at CHR 1:1, even using a set optimal for assuming CHR 2:1, you will likely exceed the target's dCHR with the CHR already provided in that set by a large margin in probably almost anything except probably high level Incursion and possibly some VD High-tier mission fights. Similar to how you don't naturally cap Scherzo potency, but with Skill already provided in your buffing sets, you will already have capped it without making a Skill set just for it.

On the topic of Stringed debuff sets though, which has been discussed and could be slightly more relevant on this than a Wind instrument perspective:

ItemSet 329776ItemSet 329782

still minimal differences in these two most optimal sets, just the neck pieces really, and the set that assumes 2:1 also could use an augmented Rhapsode's Cape with Magic Acc+4~6. As said earlier in the post though, the left set will still be most optimal for pretty much anything outside of Incursion and some VD fights, in which the right set(more like Back and Neck piece in the right set..) will be best.

So while these points are not applicable for the common debuff set right now (ie Wind instrument) as both sets have identical best-in-slot pieces, this is something to keep in mind for the future if different equipment comes out that's more relevant to this topic.
[+]
First Page 2