Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » ifrit Ring +1 vs NQ
ifrit Ring +1 vs NQ
By lhova 2014-08-23 14:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Now obviously barring gil expense you would want the +1 for the added attack and str but my question is has anyone tested the actual parse difference between the 2? Just wanted to see if this was more luzury than necessity. Thanks.
 Asura.Truckie
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Washburn
By Asura.Truckie 2014-08-23 14:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm no rocket surgeon, but I'd be willing to bet that the +1 would win.
By Pantafernando 2014-08-23 14:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously the +1 is just an extravagance, and will need several parses to actually see a minor diference, as lucky in factor like crit or da will do more diference than an extra str and att restrict to ws.

But that dont change the fact that +1 is the best in slot for several ws, and extra str benefit more str based ws, as str add to wsc, add to fstr and add to pdif.

But if we go to necessity argument, you will see 90% of stuffs out there can be categorized luxury than necessity, including rem.
By lhova 2014-08-23 14:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Truckie said: »
I'm no rocket surgeon, but I'd be willing to bet that the +1 would win.

I never asked the question which one would win (that would be foolish) I just asked if anyone had info on the actual parse difference between the two. 700k~20m is a big difference in terms of gil and I was just hoping that the +1 ring would have a significant advantage.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-08-23 14:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have an Annihilator, then it's basically only best for Coronach (as only Coronach, Last Stand, Wildfire, and Trueflight are relevant).

The actual damage difference on the WS between a NQ and a HQ Ifrit's won't typically be more than ~9 and may be zero if you're not getting a fSTR2 out of it and are attack capped. It's up to you whether or not that's worth it.

If you use other melees like SAM or MNK, then the +1 is a lot more useful.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-08-23 15:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

NQ is almost indistinguishable from HQ, but it's definitely worst.

And no, no one's stupid enough to sit around parsing nq ring, then switching to hq ring to see what the difference is. When your teachers told you there's no such thing as a stupid question, they were lying to you.
By lhova 2014-08-23 17:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »

And no, no one's stupid enough to sit around parsing nq ring, then switching to hq ring to see what the difference is. When your teachers told you there's no such thing as a stupid question, they were lying to you.

I don't see how it's stupid to determine whether a ring is significantly better or very marginally better when factoring the cost, but it guess that's just me.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-08-23 17:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

lhova said: »
Bismarck.Ihina said: »

I don't see how it's stupid to determine whether a ring is significantly better or very marginally better when factoring the cost, but it guess that's just me.

Its a SMALL difference, but small difference when added together make a Big Difference.

This ring by itself is nothing. The ring doesn't change your entire build, as such (since beginning of the game) 1 STR is a Very small difference, and if you need other stuff, get that before this. If this is all you need, then its up to you.
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2014-08-23 18:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Throw it into a spreadsheet and you'll have your answer.
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-08-23 19:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're attack capped; fstr capped using a ws that isn't 100% str mob often hq doesn't give anything over nq, unless you're sitting on ton of gil, it's not worth it.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-08-23 19:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Got one for my main and mule, too lazy to mule it :(