By Bahamut.Samsonxiii 2014-08-20 17:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Current Set:
"Atoyac"; oct/ wsd+2%
"Hgafircian +2"; Dmg+5 / Agi+3 / Racc +4
"Iuitl Wristbands"; Racc +3 -1 pdt
ItemSet 327452

/war for /nin I use a Racc dagger off hand

Ive read the forums but I am still at a roadblock. I decided to level rng just for AA fights. No plans for r/e/m. I need help so I can stop parsing like a chump and be a contributing rng to my community. Gun or Bow for non r/e/m rng and any suggestions?. Ws set and for most AA's you shoot for tp so a few sets in that would be nice.

Thanks in Advance,
By lhova 2014-08-20 17:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to high jack his post but I have a quick range question as well. For the item set macros, it I was attempting to incorporate my pre and mid cast in the same macro field (xbox 360 player) what would be the ideal wait command time to ensure that the equipments swaps are utilized correctly? I've been playing around with it but its hard for me to eye ball the swap between pre cast, shot, mid cast, shot happens and then the equip back to the precast withing the same macro. BTW, I love item sets so far!
 Bahamut.Samsonxiii
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Spook153
By Bahamut.Samsonxiii 2014-08-20 17:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohithere
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-20 18:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The most important thing above all else, the biggest priority is your timing.

If you wait to long between shots, that is a huge parse killer, #1 priority is shoot faster. This includes pre-shot in full snap-shot gear. Everything else, is secondary.

As far as using a proper delay between pre and mid shot, it's a little difficult to say.

Gearswap, will obviously pull it off near-flawlessly but it can also just shoot for you, so...
If you use ingame macros preshot <wait1> real shot will work MOST of the time, rapid shot will still screw you up sometimes.
If you use windower scripts you can do like input pause .5 and it will work damn near every shot.
By Pantafernando 2014-08-20 18:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

lhova said: »
Not to high jack his post but I have a quick range question as well. For the item set macros, it I was attempting to incorporate my pre and mid cast in the same macro field (xbox 360 player) what would be the ideal wait command time to ensure that the equipments swaps are utilized correctly? I've been playing around with it but its hard for me to eye ball the swap between pre cast, shot, mid cast, shot happens and then the equip back to the precast withing the same macro. BTW, I love item sets so far!

At least, for BLM, Ive been using /equiset 1 -> /ma -> <wait 1> -> /equipset 2, being equipset 1 my fast cast gear and equipset 2 my mab gear. I finish the process with my mab gear, but I have a separated macro for idle.
 Bahamut.Samsonxiii
By Bahamut.Samsonxiii 2014-08-20 18:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcometomypostguys gladicouldhelp
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-20 18:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

There's an entire thread for ranger sets.

Half of my post was for you.
Bahamut.Samsonxiii said: »
I need help so I can stop parsing like a chump and be a contributing rng to my community.

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
The most important thing above all else, the biggest priority is your timing.

If you wait to long between shots, that is a huge parse killer, #1 priority is shoot faster. This includes pre-shot in full snap-shot gear. Everything else, is secondary.

What you shoot in/with will only change your output by maybe 20% maximum. The speed at which you shoot increases your output... at least 100%. (aside from acc issues).
 Bahamut.Samsonxiii
By Bahamut.Samsonxiii 2014-08-20 18:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks. I do not use widower. I play on PC but it is something I think I should do.
 Lakshmi.Ashtopcat
Server: Lakshmi
user: ashtopcat
By Lakshmi.Ashtopcat 2014-08-20 19:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

use-
/equipset 1
/ra <t> <wait 1>
equipset 2

equipset 1 snapshot gear and equipset 2 midshot

assuming set 1 and 2 is what works with SE's sets

for moew deatail please see
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/38352/power-rangers-a-guide-to-pewing/
 Bahamut.Samsonxiii
By Bahamut.Samsonxiii 2014-08-20 20:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks!
 Bahamut.Samsonxiii
By Bahamut.Samsonxiii 2014-08-20 20:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Gun or Bow for non r/e/m rng and any suggestions?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-20 20:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have last stand merited, gun

If you don't, do you have jishnu's? Bow.

Both will get you killed and wipe your party if you're not careful.

If you have neither... @_@
 Bahamut.Samsonxiii
By Bahamut.Samsonxiii 2014-08-20 21:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

haha I use Last Stand atm.
By lhova 2014-08-21 15:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So are most people starting AM3 Coronach and then spamming Last stand in between on DM 2 or just spamming Coronach? I'm assuming during decoy it shouldn't matter so I was mostly referring to when Decoy was down.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-08-21 16:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

So are most people starting AM3 Coronach and then spamming Last stand in between on DM 2 or just spamming Coronach? I'm assuming during decoy it shouldn't matter so I was mostly referring to when Decoy was down.

A balance between the two really, it depends on how many rngs you have - whether they rotate the use of decoy shot - how good the PLD is (Although is secondary).

Coronach can dish out good numbers with Geo buffs instead of COR (or even instead of BRD potentially), I've seen coronach deal ~ 6k which is decent by anyones standards.

Which considering Coro hate is ~ Coronach hate is only 80CE / 240 VE ~

This makes it a pretty decent DPS wise ~ whereas last stand might pull hate with all dat attack. You can toss out the odd one but remember to only do so during Decoy shot on yourself (so all your attacks land on the PLD increasing their hate).

While Decoy is up, using Coronach has less uses (the emnity down per hit) as it reduces the emnity you put on the PLD, while you use Decoy you could use Last Stand a fair amount really.

There needs to be an app that tells you how much hate you get based on Some Stupid complex Maths (I know it's doable).

The issue comes down to
Do you play with good RNG's, PLD's and are you yourself that good? If you can honestly say yes to all of that, then you can use Last Stand a fair bit, if not, spam Coro.

EDIT** To Clarify, Decoy does NOT work on WS's so be wary of thinking Decoy means OPEN ALL CYLINDERS.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-21 17:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
There needs to be an app that tells you how much hate you get based on Some Stupid complex Maths (I know it's doable).

I hate to make it sound like we need another thing from wow etc, but god damn it, there NEEDS to be an enmity meter (or so-called threat meter?) *** Libra does not cut it as a measure of enmity.
By lhova 2014-08-21 17:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

A balance between the two really, it depends on how many rngs you have - whether they rotate the use of decoy shot - how good the PLD is (Although is secondary).

Coronach can dish out good numbers with Geo buffs instead of COR (or even instead of BRD potentially), I've seen coronach deal ~ 6k which is decent by anyones standards.

This makes it a pretty decent DPS wise ~ whereas last stand might pull hate with all dat attack. You can toss out the odd one but remember to only do so during Decoy shot on yourself (so all your attacks land on the PLD increasing their hate).

While Decoy is up, using Coronach has less uses (the emnity down per hit) as it reduces the emnity you put on the PLD, while you use Decoy you could use Last Stand a fair amount really.

The issue comes down to
Do you play with good RNG's, PLD's and are you yourself that good? If you can honestly say yes to all of that, then you can use Last Stand a fair bit, if not, spam Coro.

EDIT** To Clarify, Decoy does NOT work on WS's so be wary of thinking Decoy means OPEN ALL CYLINDERS.

Are the Coro numbers your referring to on VD content and are you referring to spike we numbers or the parse average? we never go with geo to DM2 mostly bards and cors. I haven't really tried VD due to my ls preferring to go with only anni rangers. I just got my anni but haven't completed the trials yet(hopefully before our next event on Saturday).
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-08-21 17:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

That would be great, but incredibly challenging. Since all actions are influenced by potential Enmity +\- merits, but also Enmity on gear, and special job traits, abilities, and buffs. Take Ranger as an example. You would need to track gear, Camoflauge, Decoy Shot, Stealth Shot, Annihalator Aftermath, just for self buffs.

I could see this maybe as a addon to show your individual enmity value, maybe. But for the whole alliance, I don't see it as possible.
By Zoltar 2014-08-21 19:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Check my last thread, all the advice put my parse WAY up

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/43482/more-rng-advice-needed/
By lhova 2014-08-22 14:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I know that this is somewhere in the forums and I apologize but is the -emnity gear in actual percentage or is there a certain number that rangers are looking for? I believe that Coronach am is -20% emnity on tp and ws and decoy is -80% emnity on tp attacks which results in the ranger giving all hate to the decoyed object and taking no hate but I wasn't sure if there was a targeted -emnity we are looking for on gear. Again apologize if its a noob question and thanks.
 Quetzalcoatl.Glecent
user: Glecent
By Quetzalcoatl.Glecent 2014-08-22 15:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no specific value you that you should be aiming for, just as much as you can put into your set without giving up too many other stats. Before I switched to a 4-hit I had -50 enmity in gear and merits. The values listed on gear are in percents. Enmity -5 = enmity - 5%. The cap is -50% and Decoy isn't -80%, it puts 80% of your base enmity on the target between you and the mob. So you need -20% on top of that to reduce your enmity gained per shot to 0.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-08-22 15:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The issue comes down to

Are the Coro numbers your referring to on VD content and are you referring to spike we numbers or the parse average? we never go with geo to DM2 mostly bards and cors. I haven't really tried VD due to my ls preferring to go with only anni rangers. I just got my anni but haven't completed the trials yet(hopefully before our next event on Saturday).

VD and GEO can add 117% Attack, Brd can't dream of getting close to that. GEO > BRD for RNG's in anything.