Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Mjollnir vs. Sindri
Mjollnir vs. Sindri
By TheyCallMeFai 2014-07-22 17:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

OK, so I am considering actually putting some effort into melee sets for my White Mage. As White Mage is my only group friendly job, I do spend the majority of my time on it. I think I do my job quite well, but sometimes... You just have to smash something with a hammer. So, my question to you, since I have very limited knowledge on how to do damage in general.

Which club will be better in the long haul? Mjollnir or the new JSE club Sindri?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By TheyCallMeFai 2014-07-22 17:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting, I assume that is the best option because by dual-wielding you get the club skill bonuses on both weapons? It makes a lot of sense. My next question I guess would have to be, which do you main-hand? My instinct says the higher damage Sindri, but would I still have access to Randgrith? Also, would I benefit from the occasional triple damage that way? I suppose I am still asking the same question, which is the better club?
 Fenrir.Nitenichi
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: camaroz
By Fenrir.Nitenichi 2014-07-22 17:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Both! They are fantastic paired together. If you're not interested in making a relic at this point, it's roughly about 2 mil for Sindri or less depending on how many Beitetsu, Riftborn Boulder, or Plutons you have.
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Darvamos 2014-07-22 17:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

TheyCallMeFai said: »
Interesting, I assume that is the best option because by dual-wielding you get the club skill bonuses on both weapons? It makes a lot of sense. My next question I guess would have to be, which do you main-hand? My instinct says the higher damage Sindri, but would I still have access to Randgrith? Also, would I benefit from the occasional triple damage that way? I suppose I am still asking the same question, which is the better club?

No the club skills don't stack each skill only helps the hand it in that is why /checkparam breaks down main and aux(offhand) acc/att.
No you wouldn't get the relic ws in offhand, nor the att bonus from relic(weird SE started adding big acc and att bonus to other weapons but still locks it in to mainhand only access for relics.) And I'm not 100% sure but think you only get the trip dmg proc in mainhand iirc.
 Fenrir.Nitenichi
By Fenrir.Nitenichi 2014-07-22 17:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You would not have access to Randgridth in off hand, however you would have access to sindri's OAT.
By TheyCallMeFai 2014-07-22 18:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I am very much interested in making a relic, as it is something of a person goal I have yet to obtain. I thought it fitting to be on my White Mage as it has been my favorite and most played job for many years.

I will be getting both clubs, but which one belongs in main hand? And if not dual wielding, which will preform best alone?
By TheyCallMeFai 2014-07-22 18:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Darvamos said: »

No the club skills don't stack each skill only helps the hand it in that is why /checkparam breaks down main and aux(offhand) acc/att.
No you wouldn't get the relic ws in offhand, nor the att bonus from relic(weird SE started adding big acc and att bonus to other weapons but still locks it in to mainhand only access for relics.) And I'm not 100% sure but think you only get the trip dmg proc in mainhand iirc.

OK, that is very interesting. I did not know this about the skills. Just to make sure I'm understanding correctly. If I'm main handing Mjo and off handing a Kraken Club. The 119 Mjo WILL NOT increase the accuracy of the Kraken Club?

Post deleted by User.
By TheyCallMeFai 2014-07-22 18:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nitenichi said: »
You would not have access to Randgridth in off hand, however you would have access to sindri's OAT.

I was not aware Sindri had OAT. Is it gained from and augment? Hidden effect?
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-07-22 18:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

OK, that is very interesting. I did not know this about the skills. Just to make sure I'm understanding correctly. If I'm main handing Mjo and off handing a Kraken Club. The 119 Mjo WILL NOT increase the accuracy of the Kraken Club?
Correct.
By TheyCallMeFai 2014-07-22 18:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Melee attacks in offhand are affected by the accuracy of that hand yeah. so if you fought lvl 125 mobs with 119 relic mainhand and kclub offhand, your offhand would whiff 7 times a round and be useless etc lol

That is crazy! I never knew that! This changes my thought process on melee WHM selections drastically.
 Fenrir.Nitenichi
By Fenrir.Nitenichi 2014-07-22 18:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

There shall be no other club before Thor's Mjollnir! It's best in both situations.
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-07-22 18:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI's Mjollnir is so NOT Thor's Mjollnir. For one, you can't /ra it.
[+]
By TheyCallMeFai 2014-07-22 18:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel very silly. I have been playing such a long time, however I have never took the time to learn the intricacies on melee mechanics. Sure I skilled up my weapons, I understand the importance of TP sets vs WS sets, but I obviously have a lot to learn about melee in general. To busy curing folks I suppose. I thank all of you for your patience and tolerating my noobiness.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nitenichi
By Fenrir.Nitenichi 2014-07-22 18:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

At any rate even ran through spreadsheet just to double check and as I figured Mjollnir is best in both dual and non dual situations.

Post deleted by User.
By TheyCallMeFai 2014-07-22 18:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
FFXI's Mjollnir is so NOT Thor's Mjollnir. For one, you can't /ra it.

This needs to be fixed immediately. :)
[+]
 Fenrir.Nitenichi
By Fenrir.Nitenichi 2014-07-22 18:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fun fact Sindri is the name of one the dwarven brothers who made Mjollnir
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2014-07-22 19:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

dwarvenly things
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2014-07-23 14:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

TheyCallMeFai, make the club relic. Even if you don't fully understand the melee aspect. You will learn in the process. The fact that you wanted to create the club is enough to begin that process. Don't question yourself! Its a toy that you will love, pre and post 75 content.

Enjoy and good luck
By TheyCallMeFai 2014-07-24 03:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
TheyCallMeFai, make the club relic. Even if you don't fully understand the melee aspect. You will learn in the process. The fact that you wanted to create the club is enough to begin that process. Don't question yourself! Its a toy that you will love, pre and post 75 content.

Enjoy and good luck

I appreciate your support Dannyl. :)
 Odin.Skjalf
MSPaint Winner
Server: Odin
By Odin.Skjalf 2014-07-24 03:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

OK, so I am considering actually putting some effort into melee sets for my White Mage. As White Mage is my only group friendly job, I do spend the majority of my time on it. I think I do my job quite well, but sometimes... You just have to smash something with a hammer. So, my question to you, since I have very limited knowledge on how to do damage in general.

Which club will be better in the long haul? Mjollnir or the new JSE club Sindri?

Mjollnir is best.

Make a Sindri for sub weapon when /NIN and /DNC.
meow :3
[+]
 Odin.Skjalf
MSPaint Winner
By Odin.Skjalf 2014-07-24 03:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Always use Mjollnir as main weapon.

[+]
 Odin.Skjalf
MSPaint Winner
By Odin.Skjalf 2014-07-24 03:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nitenichi said: »

Sindri stats do not include Occ. atks. twice, but rather Double attack+4%.

[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2014-07-25 18:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

You can get accuracy up pretty high with modern gear, to the point where KC is still effective. Since it swings an average of 3.8 times per attack round, you really only need your KC accuracy to be around 25% in order to get the same average TP return as you would with a weapon that has capped accuracy.

Granted it'll do a lot less damage during TP, but really as long as the KC has accuracy over about 40%, you'll see better results using KC than a 119 club offhand. I've meleed Tojil with KC offhand and TP'd faster than the MNKs and SAMs in the group. (Yeah I know, Tojil isn't very strong by modern standards, but this was actually quite a while ago before I had stuff like Ischemia, and I can't imagine meleeing on WHM on anything much more difficult than that anyway.)

I see good enough results with KC that I haven't felt any desire to do Sindri... yet...
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2014-07-25 18:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sindri is nice, if you are simply a club-owning-wh0re :D
By Jetackuu 2014-07-25 18:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
Sindri is nice, if you are simply a club-owning-wh0re :D