Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » updated sets
updated sets
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2014-09-26 07:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a max Macc set for sleeps? I feel like mine are not landing as frequently as I would like in Incursion, and I like to think I have a pretty good set.
 Asura.Eyedea
Server: Asura
user: HelloSon
By Asura.Eyedea 2014-09-26 12:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nemesio said: »
Anyone have a max Macc set for sleeps? I feel like mine are not landing as frequently as I would like in Incursion, and I like to think I have a pretty good set.

You can refer to my post on the previous page (Magic Accuracy set) if you'd like. Only resists I typically see are on Gramk occasionally.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-10-03 11:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a food to eat for magic accuracy?
 Asura.Eyedea
user: HelloSon
By Asura.Eyedea 2014-10-03 19:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »

The JP players that I play with tend to use Chocolate (or Pear) Crepe. JP Wiki has the two foods listed as Chocolate giving M.Acc+4 and Pear giving M.Acc+5, but I'm not sure that there's been any actual evidence proving so.
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-14 09:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

SHouldn't Hagondes Coat +1 be our best body for nuking? Can get aug with MAB+30 on it and it already has +10, for a total of +40. I get the Seidr gives you nearly limitless MP but it has no ilvl stats and is 33 MAB behind Hagondes.

Also same with Hagondes Boots, they can get MAB+. Does the 10mdmg outweigh the 10MAB?
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-14 09:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Also shouldn't Ischemia Chausible edge out over Atrophy Tabard +1 slightly?
 Bismarck.Stanislav
Server: Bismarck
user: daNpwr
By Bismarck.Stanislav 2014-10-14 09:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/6223/c-snow-cone
 Ragnarok.Saintsfan
user: Saintsfan
By Ragnarok.Saintsfan 2014-10-16 12:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/329700
 Ragnarok.Tokuzi
user: Bodille
By Ragnarok.Tokuzi 2014-10-24 17:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

was wondering if i can add anything on this current set for Sleep/SleepII and Sleepga in Incursion :
ItemSet 329923

Mes. Slacks should be better on legs slot ( never go lucky ;; ), would Enchanter earring+1 & Gwati Earring better than storms set .. its 2 Macc more but 4 INT less .. Imbodla for neck .. shiva+1 for rings , Ombre +1 for ammo ?
not sure to add more INT or stick with Macc.

any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-24 18:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Refraction cape should be slightly better than ogapepo, but that's about it for upgrades that would make any amount of difference.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-10-24 19:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

don't forget you can finish grinding out that 10/10 Magic Accuracy Bonus jobpoints!
I use imbodla necklace and refraction cape, and have int merits + use gain-INT cause I squeeze in nuking stuff too.
Also I switched from aureole to Ombre Tathlum+1
 Ragnarok.Luloo
user: Lulo
By Ragnarok.Luloo 2014-10-28 09:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Tokuzi said: »
was wondering if i can add anything on this current set for Sleep/SleepII and Sleepga in Incursion :
ItemSet 329923

Mes. Slacks should be better on legs slot ( never go lucky ;; ), would Enchanter earring+1 & Gwati Earring better than storms set .. its 2 Macc more but 4 INT less .. Imbodla for neck .. shiva+1 for rings , Ombre +1 for ammo ?

Well considering that if dINT>10 INT:MAC is 2:1, i'd switch to Enchanter's+Gwati since that would bring to same mac but with fast cast. Also artsieq boots are basically the same of relic, Mes. slacks are slightly better.

Please correct me if i'm wrong.
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2014-11-11 21:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

ok, here is the new best cure potency set for RDM:

ItemSet 330546

will require great cure potency augments on head and feet. Will provide all caps to cure potency without sacrificing taking off sword/dagger.

50% cure potency
30% cure received potency
5% cure potency 2
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-11-11 23:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no reason to ever use shedir when gendewitha/+1 exists and is so easily obtained.
Self cure builds need defensive safety and its much safer to be caught in iLvl gear as much as possible if you are tanking or possibly going to take aoe damage.
[+]
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2014-11-12 21:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
There is no reason to ever use shedir when gendewitha/+1 exists and is so easily obtained.
Self cure builds need defensive safety and its much safer to be caught in iLvl gear as much as possible if you are tanking or possibly going to take aoe damage.

then you wouldn't be capped potency. as you may have seen, i prefaced my post with "here is the new best cure potency set for RDM"

It wasn't prefaced with best cure potency with safety in mind.

Also, last I checked, one is only in cure potency gear for a split second, then you go to TP or PDT or w/e gear you want to go to next.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-11-12 22:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

well to spell it out a bit more, there is no +hp or +mnd or +vit also if you endcast with shedir body. its a terrible body and noone should ever wear it, i'm sorry maybe you have some sentimental attachment to it or i dunno. please no. stahp.

Also you are overlooking when you swap into normal gear after the cure finishes you won't be near max hp because your maxhp in the endcure set was low, and you'll have an hp deficit.

To highlight one of Phoenix.Demonjustin 's older sets which already covered maximizing self cures,
a *best* set should have something in the earring slot and ammo to account for the hp deficit for endcurecast:
ItemSet 307815
Viti. Tabard's fastcast for the nongearswap inclined or in cases of lag is also a good self cure body to be stuck in if you don't have a gendewitha body as an option.

So bringing the set up to date with the janniston ring and ditching the asklepian ring:
ItemSet 330615
This has 140 higher maxhp at the end of the curecast compared to yours so all that extra potency gets leveraged.
Yes i'm totally nitpicking that the head and feet do need to be +1 so you get 16more hp, 34 more meva, etc but cureset isnt something a rdm should slack on perfecting.

If you happen to get hit, well you're pretty defensively solid and have 140 more max hp which probably was all cured up and not lost when you swapped to other gear.
For combat curing or post covert topping yourself off this set is is far more efficient and safer.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2014-11-12 23:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
well to spell it out a bit more, there is no +hp or +mnd or +vit also if you endcast with shedir body. its a terrible body and noone should ever wear it, i'm sorry maybe you have some sentimental attachment to it or i dunno. please no. stahp.

Also you are overlooking when you swap into normal gear after the cure finishes you won't be near max hp because your maxhp in the endcure set was low, and you'll have an hp deficit.

To highlight one of Phoenix.Demonjustin 's older sets which already covered maximizing self cures,
a *best* set should have something in the earring slot and ammo to account for the hp deficit for endcurecast:
ItemSet 307815
Viti. Tabard's fastcast for the nongearswap inclined or in cases of lag is also a good self cure body to be stuck in if you don't have a gendewitha body as an option.

So bringing the set up to date with the janniston ring and ditching the asklepian ring:
ItemSet 330615
This has 140 higher maxhp at the end of the curecast compared to yours so all that extra potency gets leveraged.
Yes i'm totally nitpicking that the head and feet do need to be +1 so you get 16more hp, 34 more meva, etc but cureset isnt something a rdm should slack on perfecting.

If you happen to get hit, well you're pretty defensively solid and have 140 more max hp which probably was all cured up and not lost when you swapped to other gear.
For combat curing or post covert topping yourself off this set is is far more efficient and safer.

yes you can put HP+ gear in those places I didn't put anything in. I was only posting what is max cure potency. And all the max HP gear means squat if you aren't curing to HP cap. So if you're at 100 HP after convert, doesn't matter cuz you aren't going to cure 2000 HP, not going to happen unless you use Divine Seal. But who goes /whm to stuff anymore? I'm always /war, /nin, or /blm.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2014-11-12 23:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

also, verthandi's gem would be better, it has more HP+.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-11-12 23:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Verth gem lacks +Mp to counterbalance the Mp down from earring to get the +Hp which may matter if you want to consider post convert+cure and avoid clipping your max mp.
Not a fan of main healing or caring if I pull hate but also -3 enmity on psilo stone heh.

edit:
Also obessing capping cure potency %'s but ignoring +HP, the VIT/MND and Healing magic skill in the cure formula power before potency multiplication, while ignoring the defensive benefits of your gear selection is reckless.
Not personally attacking you, but i'm taking serious issue with the set you posted because you cant just care about cure pot% and call it a day when other factors are meaningful.

And yes /sch and /whm are still relevant subs and even if you melee sub its all the more reason to have a cureset mindful of defense/meva
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2014-11-13 00:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

i am thinking you are right about that body choice. the relic reforged body will give approximately the same amount of cure as the 3% from shedir. with the added bonus of improved recast.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2014-11-13 01:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Tokuzi said: »
ItemSet 329923

you can squeeze out about another 10 magic accuracy with a good augment on hagondes cuffs.