Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Sky » Return to Delkfutt's Tower II - Strategy
Return to Delkfutt's Tower II - Strategy
 Carbuncle.Sisko
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: siskotaru
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2014-06-17 06:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm actualy looking for help with this thread.

I'll add everything we've tested so far and please add everything you know about the fight.

It looks like a zerg fight, and actualy one of our ls members won this on VD with high numbers of outside buffs, Perfect defense and full attack.

With just six, even D is hell. PD + 3 DDs 1hour is just enough to put the nm @60-70% hp remaining. He starts then to pop runes / clones, one-shotting DDs/nin with Lightblade.

We tried the ranger route to no avail. (hate reset)

We tried to kill the runes asap, we tried to ignore them, we tried with PLD + DDs.

I just can't find a safe way to do this. Our DDs are good, damage can't be the main problem. We must be missing something :)

Please post your advice, they'll all be welcome.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-06-17 06:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

rng/ninx3
brd
smn/sch
rdm/whm(can use whm instead)

rngs fulltime pdt(terras, dring, twilight, flume belt, iuitl gloves)

stand in a triangle with at least 18' between rngs so spells only hit one rng, there's room for mages to be out of aoe of all spells as well(though you'll have to run up a bit to cure the furthest rng)

brd does prelude prelude scherzo [minuet 5] with harp in center to hit all rngs

gather once every 3 min to reapply earthen armor, immediately go back to your spots once it's up

with EA+scherzo light blade does less than 200, great wheel will never one shot in this gear, and you can blink the majority of the attacks due to the time s/he spends running around

distance guarantees hate reset never hits more than one rng at once, should never go for your mage unless you suck

smn/sch can handle all adds by themselves, but if you bring a rdm they can give breathing room by throwing t4s if smn starts to fall behind

fastest clear i've done with this method is 15-16 min, varies up to 22-23 depending how shittily i'm 6boxing.. gear shouldn't be a huge problem here besides the pdt, it's just a matter of keeping everything going smoothly
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sisko
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2014-06-17 06:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll give it a try. Thanks a lot for posting your strat.

Is it for D though?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-06-17 06:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

the screenshot and times are D, but you can win VD with it if you don't get screwed by great wheel

i would advise just sticking to D though, great wheel on VD can one shot or nearly one shot and once a RNG dies it goes downhill very quickly
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sisko
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2014-06-17 06:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

nvm it is D.

Thanks again :)
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-06-17 06:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

oh, other detail i forgot is not to use coronach or excessive enmity- gear since you're trying to keep hate as close to capped as possible(as that results in kam turning every shot)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sisko
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2014-06-17 06:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

understood. Can't wait to try that.
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: eLySiuM
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2014-06-17 06:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
this is actually pretty smart. have you done this on VD?

as for D/melee strats @OP, whm, brd, nuker (sch blm geo etc), 3x dd/nin (preferably mnk/nin x2+thf/nin, BUT other combinations would work just as well). 2x march/mad/scherzo. nuker attempts to stun dispelga until it begins to cast too quickly/summons adds. light blade shouldnt kill anyone unless you're caught without PDT (qaaxo gear is great with pdt/acc path.) mages occasionally take a great wheel to get their hate reset. no one should die to it in PDT sets. once you get it down, fights should be smooth and be 20m>.

it sounds like your biggest issue is hate resets+1shotting. great wheel only resets if it hits you. and it should only do ~400-500 in PDT. lightblade can be negated via scherzo+pdt or just bring a smn for ea+scherzo and that will reduce light blade to 200ish.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-06-17 07:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

have done on VD but it was just out of stubbornness(wanted to win without cheat buffs), lost a good dozen before i won and even now that i'm used to the fight i prefer doing D

great wheel will usually do 500-800 in that set on VD(with sushi not kofte, need the acc), but there's the occasional 1800+ and once one RNG dies you're boned on VD

D won't one shot with great wheel, and even if you do somehow die there's enough free time to recover using shadowbinds and/or pd
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sisko
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2014-06-18 02:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

We tried it on normal to test your 3rng smn rdm brd strat and it worked like a charm. With minimal error out of stress.

Many /bows to you for 6 boxing that on D though. It seems impossible to me.

Thanks again :)
 Asura.Psylo
Server: Asura
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2014-06-18 04:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Best strat we made on D, and lose @ 20% life was :

PLD + 2 RNG + COR + WHM + RDM

runes are not a problem T4+T3 as RDM on D to kill it, so 10s max.

the worst thing of this fight is its damn TP move who reset hate (great wheel).

A good thing should be a NIN/WAR X3 + BRD + WHM + RDM, the 3 alternate hate with miga up, and each mage focus erase => haste because he spam too much slowga.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-06-18 05:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to bring a PLD just have them sub NIN. With Marches and Haste they should be able to keep Utsu up full-time to avoid hate reset. Stun spells to avoid a spellga > Great Wheel. If Silencega goes off, Shield Bash, Echo Drop/Silena then Utsu asap. Nigh impossible to avoid all Great Wheels, but it will make a PLD + RNG strat much less stressful. Personally I'd like to try out that 3 RNG strat, but specific people are never on at the same time!
 Carbuncle.Sisko
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2014-06-18 05:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

problem with melee only is that Great Wheel is an AOE hate reset. So even if the nins aren't dying to it, the nm will go for the mages.

Next time, i'll try 2 monks and 1 ranger. Great wheel will make it go for the ranger.

2nin 1 rng should be very good as well.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-06-18 05:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It's only a hate reset if the damage lands. If they evade or have it absorbed by Utsusemi there won't be a hate reset.

I've actually done the fight on D once with a melee zerg setup: SAM/WAR, MNK/WARx2, BRD, WHM, SMN/BLM. MNKs kept Mantra up to give some breathing room for Curagas, and BRD/SMN kept Scherzo/Earthen Armor up to mitigate Light Blade damage, SMN stunned for the first 50% of the fight and then focused on fetters the last 50%. The hate reset effect of Great Wheel wasn't that much of a problem since the DD would usually do enough damage to get hate back before he finished his animation and started moving.

Admittedly, it was pretty messy near the end when the Great Wheel spam started to get pretty out of control and 2 DD died, but meh, it worked.
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
user: Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-06-18 08:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Have done it prepatch without any outside buffs using a PD strategy on D.

SAM SAM WAR BRD WHM SMN - can vary the DD jobs with whatever to play to your groups strengths but SAM is the safest DD for this fight.

No /nin sub or anything, just PD after engaging at 100%, SAM SP2 when its off, then Astral Conduit around 30%ish. Hybrid gear sets after your defensive buffs wear off. Whm with -50 enmity cure set, can also run in range briefly after a spell to get Great Wheel'd half way through. Rotate provokes but really with 3 DD WSing its unlikely to move much before another DD WS's and regains hate after Wheel.

Should be much easier after WS patch, outside buffs obviously make it even easier.
 Shiva.Afliction
Server: Shiva
user: Freazer
By Shiva.Afliction 2014-07-06 05:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tried this post wskill patch? kinda looking for a strat outside the whole rng strat, how does war or drk fair in this bc as well?
By Fasaga 2014-07-06 06:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't have much experience with bringing Drks, but they wouldn't be as useful as war or Sam. IMO if your zerging having at least one War is very beneficial. Mighty strikes is really strong for this fight, but also, a warrior with 5/5 savagery merits and reforge +1 relic mask gives a TP bonus of +70 to everyone in the party. If your setup is war Sam Sam that +70 really makes a large difference in the fudo numbers as well.
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-07-06 08:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sisko said: »
I'm actualy looking for help with this thread.

I'll add everything we've tested so far and please add everything you know about the fight.

It looks like a zerg fight, and actualy one of our ls members won this on VD with high numbers of outside buffs, Perfect defense and full attack.

With just six, even D is hell. PD + 3 DDs 1hour is just enough to put the nm @60-70% hp remaining. He starts then to pop runes / clones, one-shotting DDs/nin with Lightblade.

We tried the ranger route to no avail. (hate reset)

We tried to kill the runes asap, we tried to ignore them, we tried with PLD + DDs.

I just can't find a safe way to do this. Our DDs are good, damage can't be the main problem. We must be missing something :)

Please post your advice, they'll all be welcome.
Outside BRD SV march mad min min, COR chaos+fighters, SAM x4 SMN WHM = profit