Annilator Acc Problems?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Annilator Acc problems?
Annilator Acc problems?
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Drayco
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2014-06-15 06:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got my 119 Anni a few days ago. Yesterday I did some AAs in the morning and and it performed beautifully.

However... Later that same day I did Ig-Alima and AAMR. During Ig-Alima I went an entire round without being able to hit him. 100% miss rate and I got items from box, so I was participating. During AAMR there would be about a 45sec-60sec spot where I would be 100% miss rate, then I would go to 100% acc until the missing started again. No gear changes, no buff changes, and I had more base acc than another anni rng with us that had 97% over-all acc for the fight. I parsed at 67%. Food during AAMR was Pot-au-feu. Thoughts? Comments?

Ranged Accuracy 991 / Ranged Attack 972 (No buffs)
ItemSet 324877
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2014-06-15 07:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ig-Alima I have no commentary on, however AA MR Normal requires around 1050-1100 accuracy to cap out on and substantially more on harder levels . It's quite possible you were fed the wrong songs by mistake or just for whatever reason weren't capped. 67% hit rate on AAMR is correct if you didn't have quite a bit of additional accuracy for whatever reason.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-06-15 07:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

small sample size, apply critical thinking, delete thread
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2014-06-15 07:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually remember now that normal mode AA MR requires around 1150 accuracy to cap out on. I pulled up some parse data from a bunch of fights and came to that conclusion. Yes, she's just that evasive.
 Cerberus.Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2014-06-15 08:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
small sample size, apply critical thinking, delete thread
Why even bother posting lol

I know MR is really evasive. The only thing that gets me is the guy who had less r.acc had better acc thru the fight lol. Even a 119delve bow rng did better than I did and we had about equal stats.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-06-15 08:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

since the critical thinking part is apparently too hard for you:

you already know how much accuracy is in your set, you know how much the other rng had, and you know your hitrate was lower

however, when you look at a small sample, there's more likelihood of it deviating from the norm

conclusion being: you were unlucky

you probably already knew this and just wanted to cry about it or use it as a way to show people your rng set, though
[+]
 Cerberus.Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2014-06-15 08:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Then explain Ig-Alima to me then smart guy

And my rng is nothing special to look at lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-06-15 08:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

don't think anyone cares to

so.........idk, suckless I guess
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-06-15 08:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, you can't possibly miss 100% unless you get double-weakened. So were you dumb enough to get hit by Oblivion's Mantle?

I mean you can wear nothing, just using the 119 gun and still probably able to cap racc on Alima...

As for the MR, yeah she's evasive, songs probably wore/sung with terpander instead of gjaller, small things make big effects.

Also, as you should already know, FFXImath and real math are... well... different. sometimes 95% means 0% in this game.
 Carbuncle.Dagget
Server: Carbuncle
user: simbaa
By Carbuncle.Dagget 2014-06-15 08:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking at your sets, you are going to have severe ACC issues on AA MR without SV Preludes + a very good hunters roll and HQ Sushi. you probably don't even cap after that. The 67% hit rate isn't an anomaly.

Bow (sans Yoichi) isn't any more accurate then gun.

Missing on Ig-Alima? You were either insanely unlucky, or lying/exaggerating. Skill from the gun and your skill itself is enough to cap.

tl drr: put more accuracy in your set for MR, use sushi. Your char is not special or broken.
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-06-15 08:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I find it hard to believe that you can have 100% miss rates with that gear but I'll put stuff out there.

Looking at Ig-Alima he has a Acc lowering TP move you could have been hit by that no clue if it would be enough to do anything but yea its possible ... I think.

For Mithra she is evasive as hell. I'd suggest using Sushi, least that's what I'm using on D for 85-95% RAcc with 995 base w/o food, songs, or anything. Just got this number changing to my Acc set in MH.

Some gear you can swap out-
Bellona's Ring for another Hajduk
Arcadian for Orion
Ocachi for Huani collar

Other then that it could have just been some seriously bad luck or faulty macros. Recently found out my gear scripts were crapping out and 1/2 my gear wasn't switching causing me to have around 60% acc in Delve.

The last possible reason and I hope this isn't it but I have to say it just in case. You Annihilator might be Lv75 instead of 119.
[+]
 Cerberus.Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2014-06-15 08:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll stack more acc for MR from now on.

Thanks for the reply Ackeronll. I'm not trolling/lying/exaggerating about ig-alima. I'm not trying to get attention. I'm just bewildered by what happened and thought maybe it was connected to my MR issues.

I'll go back to never posting here now.
By kenshynofshiva 2014-06-15 08:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Double weak = 100% miss rate pretty much so maybe?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Server: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-06-15 09:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

you dont have to do anything to get loot from voidwatch boxes as long as it was killed, and you used a stone.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2014-06-15 09:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Whereda jacks at
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2014-06-16 14:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

use bullets that match your gun or you're a disgrace. also prester is dumb imo. if you still have problems merit marksmanship. with just one prelude you should be capped with pot-au-feu or Kohlrouladen unless vd AA or something.
 Cerberus.Krispy
user: daNpwr
By Cerberus.Krispy 2014-06-16 14:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »
use bullets that match your gun or you're a disgrace. also prester is dumb imo. if you still have problems merit marksmanship. with just one prelude you should be capped with pot-au-feu or Kohlrouladen unless vd AA or something.

Why would Prester be dumb? I would say it's optimal if you have the correct x-hit build.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2014-06-16 14:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

in my opinion the raw stats of hurlbat is better, especially when you mix in last stands when you know its safe to do so. can 4 hit /war without the use of mekki or bloodrain
 Cerberus.Midgitis
By Cerberus.Midgitis 2014-06-16 15:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I can agree with Maeldiar about prester vs hurlbat. Its not hard to get 4hit /war without staff. The fencer bonus + stats on hurlbat or aluh jambiya are nice as well. And when you can mix in last stand safely it is more damage. Also situations where you want to use say wildfire etc..

About OP. You only had normal songs on VD for the majority of the fight. Although you had 2x prelude you did not have hunters or anything further besides prelude and your food. You didn't even have boost-agi you had boost-str.

The 2nd attempt at MR after the paladin died to a skillchain for chatting instead of swapping to aegis you had SV songs and your hit rate was fine.

Give it more testing before looking too deep into things.

I'm certain of these things cause I was both the brd in your fight as well as the whm.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
Server: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2014-06-16 15:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Use Achiyalabopa bullets.
By kenshynofshiva 2014-06-16 16:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone post this 4 hit /war using hurlbat pls that has the acc? I been playing it safe maybe 2 safe and not depending on recycle procs as well for my build. I don't have the new tp earring or the dm2 rng body drop sadly...
 Sylph.Limlight
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Limlight 2014-06-16 16:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

with the changes to tp gain coming with this update. It's best to wait a bit to see if rng tp sets evolve as well.

Or try it out yourself.
By kenshynofshiva 2014-06-16 16:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah true true my low hit builds on /war always seemed to lack acc tho hopefully this update makes it easier to have both without issue.
By Aikawa 2014-06-16 16:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

kenshynofshiva said: »
Can someone post this 4 hit /war using hurlbat pls that has the acc? I been playing it safe maybe 2 safe and not depending on recycle procs as well for my build. I don't have the new tp earring or the dm2 rng body drop sadly...
Recycle proc with relic head are like 88%.... my /war 4xhit build depend on 3\4 procs, and I only miss it when I actually miss a shot.

Without the head is almost impossible to have a 4hit /war, without losing too much racc in the process.

But yea, hopefully tomorrow or tonight's update will make this easier (so can aim to a 3hit set lol)
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-06-16 17:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Aikawa said: »
Recycle proc with relic head are like 88%.... my /war 4xhit build depend on 3\4 procs, and I only miss it when I actually miss a shot.

Without the head is almost impossible to have a 4hit /war, without losing too much racc in the process.

But yea, hopefully tomorrow or tonight's update will make this easier (so can aim to a 3hit set lol)

with a Cor and /sam, you can already hit 3-hits. But yea, the update should make it easier.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2014-06-16 21:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

arcadian head +2, 27 store tp, weaponskill in arcadian for effect
By Aikawa 2014-06-17 06:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

well there is not an improvement in TP gain for rng...
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
Server: Bahamut
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2014-06-17 06:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Also.. Coro appeared to do less dmg? idk ill play later.

lol, maybe a little paranoid, dmg seems fine, but yeah TP gain is the same?..
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2014-06-17 10:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Greyfawkz said: »

Quoting from BG forums. I haven't had time to test myself.

Quote:
Anni with Achi ammo went from 16.6 TP/round to 187. minimal increase as well.

We'll have to see for sure, but that sounds pretty nice if TP increased by approximately 2 per shot. (similar to about 10 STP)

Don't forget COR got a pretty huge boost with the new rings. People have reported an 11 Evokers going from 4/tic to 7/tic with the sparks ring (+3). There's a better +5 ring from WKR as well.

We *might* be able to pull off some interesting stuff with Sam's roll :D
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-06-17 10:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Orestes said: »
Bahamut.Greyfawkz said: »

Quoting from BG forums. I haven't had time to test myself.

Quote:
Anni with Achi ammo went from 16.6 TP/round to 187. minimal increase as well.

We'll have to see for sure, but that sounds pretty nice if TP increased by approximately 2 per shot. (similar to about 10 STP)

Don't forget COR got a pretty huge boost with the new rings. People have reported an 11 Evokers going from 4/tic to 7/tic with the sparks ring (+3). There's a better +5 ring from WKR as well.

We *might* be able to pull off some interesting stuff with Sam's roll :D

I posted the TP change after being up for 20 hours. 187 is incorrect. It is 167. Sorry for the confusion.
First Page 2