Trial of the Magians: Annihilator
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-05-19 09:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys,

Can someone share the ideal locations for the Annihilator Trials (1082-2280)? I'm currently on Trial 1082 (Aquans), so I've been killing Glen Crabs in Aby Grauberg, but it's been going rather slowly.

Any tips are appreciated, and p.s.: if this information was posted already elsewhere then my apologies.

Thanks!
 Cerberus.Midgitis
By Cerberus.Midgitis 2014-05-19 09:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Team up with others with Annihilator and pay them. Trials go by real fast then.
[+]
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
Server: Bahamut
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2014-05-19 10:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I did kuftal, I felt like the abyssea mobs had more HP.
[+]
By Zoltar 2014-05-19 10:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I did Glen Crabs too...Just eat sushi because you will still miss a bunch at that level :/
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-05-19 10:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the info so far. Any suggestions for the other Trials?

• Trial 1878: Arcana

• Trial 1879: Plantoid

• Trial 2280: Undead

Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-05-19 10:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »

Arcana is simple, The Temple of Aht Urhgan or even near he celestial Nexus.

Plantoids is a joke, Mandragoras in abyssea PDT atma get 40 of them and let them tp feed you.

Undead is a little harder and I honestly can't think of anything good other than train a few in abyssea Attowha and do the same as the plantoids one.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-05-19 10:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Cerberus.Avalon said: »

Arcana is simple, The Temple of Aht Urhgan or even near he celestial Nexus.

Plantoids is a joke, Mandragoras in abyssea PDT atma get 40 of them and let them tp feed you.

Undead is a little harder and I honestly can't think of anything good other than train a few in abyssea Attowha and do the same as the plantoids one.

Ah yes, I forgot about the Fear Dearg's near Flux #6 in Aby-Altep. Those should do quite nicely.
 Cerberus.Flaminglegion
By Cerberus.Flaminglegion 2014-05-19 10:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I did aby route using misareaux for frogs and arcana balls, attohwa for mandies(altepa was full) and hounds. I used marchx2 haste and kc and finished pretty quickly, highly recommend that path (or similar if you can). Getting hit for TP doesn't work so well when you have good evasion and aren't retaliating for fast TP. Melee to 40-80% depending on what level the mob is and then one shot it with coronach. I carried a brew for when the hound NM agro'd since it was annoying and then you just go around one shotting everything without even meleeing for a few mins.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-05-19 10:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The Temple of Aht Urhgan
???
[+]
By kenshynofshiva 2014-05-19 10:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

undead I just ran around gustav tunnel tons around. Just make a circuit.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-05-19 11:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The Eldieme Necropolis has a ton of undead and arcana to use for your trials.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-05-19 11:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for all the suggestions, folks.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-05-19 11:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
The Temple of Aht Urhgan
???

It's an inside joke. :3
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2014-05-19 11:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I got sick of these trials, and brewed a few. It may sound stupid, but it's excellent for finishing these very quickly. (if you have cruor to burn)

If you can get a friend to round up 50+ mobs. You should be able to knock out 40-50 per brew. Rinse & Repeat.

The best camps have two mobs of the same family nearby. For example, Aby Mis coast has Frogs + Crabs directly adjacent to one another. Altepa has Sandsweeper + Bonfire beside each other for arcana.

If your only choice is to go solo, you'll probably get 20-30 per brew, and it may not be worth it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Vedder
user: Vedder
By Cerberus.Vedder 2014-05-19 15:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Orestes said: »
I got sick of these trials, and brewed a few. It may sound stupid, but it's excellent for finishing these very quickly. (if you have cruor to burn)

If you can get a friend to round up 50+ mobs. You should be able to knock out 40-50 per brew. Rinse & Repeat.

The best camps have two mobs of the same family nearby. For example, Aby Mis coast has Frogs + Crabs directly adjacent to one another. Altepa has Sandsweeper + Bonfire beside each other for arcana.

If your only choice is to go solo, you'll probably get 20-30 per brew, and it may not be worth it.

Never even thought of that, but it's a great idea... wish I'd done it, I have a ton of cruor.

Arcana: I did weapons in Ro'Moave and completed book pages at the same time
Plantoids: Funguars just inside the entrance of The Boyada Tree
Undead: Spriggans in the basement of The Eldieme Necropolis [S] - http://www.ffxidb.com/zones/175/eastern-spriggan
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-05-19 15:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vedder said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Orestes said: »

Never even thought of that, but it's a great idea... wish I'd done it, I have a ton of cruor.

Arcana: I did weapons in Ro'Moave and completed book pages at the same time
Plantoids: Funguars just inside the entrance of The Boyada Tree
Undead: Spriggans in the basement of The Eldieme Necropolis [S] - http://www.ffxidb.com/zones/175/eastern-spriggan

Cool, thanks for the info on where you did your Trials.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-05-19 15:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I did
Arcana in Ro'Maeve
Plantoids in at Flux 6 in Altepa
Aquans on both Frogs in Abyssea-La Theine or Crabs in Kuftal
Undead on the Dogs in Bost.Obillique (Sandys dungeon)
These were all done pre-Seekers, so no iLvL gear.

I later helped someone on the undead phase, equipping 3 regain atmas and killing sperm-skulls in abyssea-konstat.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-05-19 15:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
I did
Arcana in Ro'Maeve
Plantoids in at Flux 6 in Altepa
Aquans on both Frogs in Abyssea-La Theine or Crabs in Kuftal
Undead on the Dogs in Bost.Obillique (Sandys dungeon)
These were all done pre-Seekers, so no iLvL gear.

I later helped someone on the undead phase, equipping 3 regain atmas and killing sperm-skulls in abyssea-konstat.

I had been using regain atmas on the Glen Crabs in Aby-Grauberg. Those did help a lot despite the overall process being slow.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-05-19 16:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Arcana - Basement of Garlaige, there's a small side section south of the large portion that has 5 weapons that are level 60. Grabbed a 80something axe using sparks to do the exact amount of preferred damage before getting 100% TP.

Plantoids - Death Caps in Boyahda Tree, there's a bunch of them near the entrance. Same deal as the weapons.

Undead - Eldieme, westmost section dropping point, there was a room with 5 undead, a mix of ghosts and fomors.

What I liked best about these spots were that they were easy to get to, compact, the enemies were as weak as possible while still meeting the requirements, and respawned in 5 min.
[+]
By Zubrin 2014-05-19 16:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Arcana - Detectors in Abyssea - Misareaux.
Plantoids - Mandragora in Abyssea - Attohwa.
Undead - Corpselights in Abyssea - La Theine.

I can't imagine my trials would have gone faster outside of Abyssea. Regain atmas and faster respawns are too good. Usually 1-2 shots then WSing sufficed. I don't think anything below 70% HP survived Coronach.

Some people might not approve, but if you use gearswap, you don't have to engage to WS (which feels like an idiotic requirement for ranged weaponskills anyway). Not having the take the time to engage/disengage constantly can save a lot of time. I'll admit I was a bit biased against meleeing regardless due to my pathetic axe skill.
 Cerberus.Milkydoll
By Cerberus.Milkydoll 2014-05-31 05:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm a little late reading this thread. If you're still doing these trials, I can help you with them. let me know!
By Pantafernando 2014-05-31 05:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Milkydoll said: »
Hmmm a little late reading this thread. If you're still doing these trials, I can help you with them. let me know!

A lot late.

His anni is 119 atm.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [54 days between previous and next post]
By CHENGMIKEY 2014-07-23 23:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Midgitis said: »
Team up with others with Annihilator and pay them. Trials go by real fast then.
confuse a little on this statement. i just finish my Annihilator and working on my trail right now. So if i team up for other annihilator, there final kill shot with Coronach count for me too? i didn't think it count. but never try.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-07-23 23:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

For all but the first trial, yes others can team up. Their killshots count.

The first trial is uses by you, specifically.
By CHENGMIKEY 2014-07-23 23:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you so much for the quick reply! Valli,thank you! You sir have just save me so much time!!!! thank you u
 Cerberus.Zaub
user: Zaub
By Cerberus.Zaub 2014-08-12 10:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

For the undead session, tried schnitters and was very frustrated, since bones do not take that much damage from bullets. Saw a recommendation to try LaThein and psychopomps (#3, then SE); what a difference! Had reforged gear, etc. (only difference was for TP and for WS, used Buremte Gloves for addl accuracy), food if you want but not necessary. Steel bullets on pull/TP, Ra'Kaz bullets for WS. One stack of Ra'Kaz was enough for all 5 trials. Need to get target under 99% (quite often achieved with pull shot), wait 2/3 ticks to get sufficient TP and one-shot (let them get close enough to gun sweet spot for one shot). Rng/dnc, using Strong Arm, VV and Sea Daughter. Never any danger whatsoever, and super quick (well, comparatively at least).
 Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee
By Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee 2014-08-12 11:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

For the undead trial, I used an m kris and went to bounds/ghosts in bostaunieux oubliette. After getting tp, Coronach with a decent ws set should oneshot those mobs and they yeild bare minimum xp. That trial was a breeze.
By lhova 2014-08-24 12:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Any lakshmi server rangers wanting to team up on the undead or dyna trials please let me know.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [96 days between previous and next post]
By Darkvlade 2014-11-28 16:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

A little late but this is what I done so far on my trials, hope it helps for those new annihilator trials coming up I also used trusts Kupipi, Koru-moru & Ulmia (kupipi is only one that melees but her dmg is minimum and her ws of choice is MP restoral, do not use Ferrous coffin, since he will kill your mob before you get enough tp to ws).

Trial 1081: Beasts Killed rabbits in seized battleground, thought about rabbits in the boya tree after, it would have been a lot faster.

trial 1082: Aquans Originally went to the tree to kill steelshells, but got bored and went to Cape Terrigan, killed crabs and pugs.

Trial 1878: Arcana Went to Ro'maeve and killed weapons, dolls and magic pots, left the Fire urns, Lode golem and Steely weapons since those are part of expansion quests and take forever to kill.

Trial 1879: Plantoid for these I went to the Bo'yahda Tree and killed Mourioches and old gobbles in 1st floor, you could keep going back and for between lake area

Trial 2280: Undead went to Eldieme necropolis, dropped through hole at H-8, and ran past the humes bones location, there are ghosts, shadows and skellies for a total of about ~14 mobs, also went pretty fast took me like 5 hours including lots of breaks.