Reforged AF/Relic +1 (WHM)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Reforged AF/Relic +1 (WHM)
Reforged AF/Relic +1 (WHM)
First Page 2
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2014-05-09 11:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm looking to start upgrading my WHM mule since I have finished doing his BRD. What pieces should I be looking at upgrading first? Which pieces are "must have?" I always like to keep my jobs top notch, so I don't have problem spending money on doing that. I am just fairly unfamiliar with WHM after the reforged era. Any input would be great! Thanks!
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-05-09 12:00:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Relic legs and feet for the Protectra/Shellra V Augments I`d say were definitely worth it.
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2014-05-09 12:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I already have those NQ and they give those same particular augments. What does the HQ provide that is superior? Does it enhance it even more? That's what I'm trying to figure out. Which pieces are more important since I only have enough AA papers for one set at the moment, so that's why I'm asking which is more important. AF or Relic +1 and why? I have all the 109 gears I just want to make sure I'm upgrading them in in order of most important since I only have enough for one set.
By Pantafernando 2014-05-09 12:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I would use relic legs for capping enhancing magic 500 withou merits (enhancing+20) (suposing you have others necessary pieces) and the head to cap cure casting (cure cast -13%).
 Ragnarok.Liteholt
user: Liteholt
By Ragnarok.Liteholt 2014-05-09 12:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I've seen, WHM pretty much needs to have full Reforged sets, save for the relic hands.

piety cap +1 in your precast set for casting time reduction, midcast swap to theophany cap +1 for the heal boost.

You'll want the theophany briault +1 for cures, piety briault +1 for tossing out Regen.

piety mitts +1 you can probably take a pass on for now, but do get the theophany mitts +1 for the Healing Magic skill boost.

For legs, it seems like both the theophany pantaloons +1 and the piety pantaloons +1 are worth investing in, but you should probably do Piety first. Theophany makes Regen last longer, where Piety gives you more Healing and Enhancing skill, and boosts your Bar-spells.

For feet, focus on the piety duckbills +1, it gives 10% boost to cures as well. When you have the time, work on the theophany duckbills +1 would go in your precast set, and either pair could go into your Enhancing/Enfeebling set, as they both give +17 to both skills.

Good luck to you!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2014-05-09 12:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, cool. I'll definitely upgrade the head piece. I know most are situational pieces and I'm okay with that. Like I said I want to be the best I can. Also I already have broken 500 w/o the HQ pants, but thanks for the suggestion.
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2014-05-09 12:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Liteholt. That makes a lot of sense. I'll start throwing upgrades towards those pieces when maintenance ends!

Btw, anybody have a cure precast set that is up to date? Or is the one in the WHM guide still relevant for the most part?
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-05-09 12:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Liteholt said: »
You'll want the theophany briault +1 for cures, piety briault +1 for tossing out Regen.
You can cap cure potency without body so isn't AF3+2 body still best in slot for cures because of enhanced cureskin?
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-05-09 12:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
You can cap cure potency without body so isn't AF3+2 body still best in slot for cures because of enhanced cureskin?

Yes, no one Regens in end-game events for that specific reason (or shouldn't be, anyway), unless you're topping off a backline job that's taking only indirect damage.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-05-09 12:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of the pieces mentioned are probably subject to what are you already using. For example, if you have a working -80% FC/cure cast-% pieces already, it may not be worthwhile to upgrade any of the ones mentioned for precast. For e.g. I didn't upgrade my AF2 cap because I'm using bee hat, fast cast affect recast as well and you can use the same hat for non cure spells precasts. And I'm already capped on cast time so I don't need that extra 3%.

you'd never really want to throw out single target cures without AF3 body, so Theophany Briault +1 is another piece I wouldn't upgrade, because you'd be capped cure pot% without it anyway for curagas, so you're better off using relic body for more -enmity (or any other piece you fancy!). Theophany Briault +1 is also a decent debuff piece, but Ouryu body would be better.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-05-09 12:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »

For single cures, but for curagas you would need stacking mnd. Both gendewitha, af1/2 provides the same so up to you what you want extra (relic has higher mp and enmity-. If you need cure pot, can use gendewitha augmented, or even fast cast augment).
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2014-05-09 12:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm finding that -Enmity is really nice to have with the recent updates to Enmity in new areas.
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2014-05-09 12:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
A lot of the pieces mentioned are probably subject to what are you already using. For example, if you have a working -80% FC/cure cast-% pieces already, it may not be worthwhile to upgrade any of the ones mentioned for precast. For e.g. I didn't upgrade my AF2 cap because I'm using bee hat, fast cast affect recast as well and you can use the same hat for non cure spells precasts. And I'm already capped on cast time so I don't need that extra 3%.

you'd never really want to throw out single target cures without AF3 body, so Theophany Briault +1 is another piece I wouldn't upgrade, because you'd be capped cure pot% without it anyway, so you're better off using relic body for more -enmity (or any other piece you fancy!). Theophany Briault +1 is also a decent debuff piece, but Ouryu body would be better.

Can you post your cast time set?
 Cerberus.Spirachub
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-05-09 12:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not too sure about how well -enmity works for whm. With Tranquil Heart, you never really get hate in a normal situation (unless you like over curing heavily before your melee can cap hate).

Only times when I see a whm pull hate is when there's hate reset moves , at which point it's borderline irrelevant. DD/pld don't seem to have an issue in getting hate back after those, or in the case of uproot, you have no choice but to keep eating the move anyway.

Having said that, -enmity stuff will of course do you no harm.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Daffel
user: daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2014-05-09 12:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Crunkie said: »
I'm finding that -Enmity is really nice to have with the recent updates to Enmity in new areas.

What's your healing magic skill at? With tranquil heart, WHM shouldn't be having too many enmity issues. (Think in my cure set I'm sitting at around -20ish with 504 skill)
 Ragnarok.Wheeldog
user: Wheeldog
By Ragnarok.Wheeldog 2014-05-09 12:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

main="Tamaxchi",sub="Genbu's Shield",ammo="Incantor Stone",
head="Nahtirah Hat",neck="Aceso's Choker",ear1="Loquac. Earring",
body="Heka's Kalasiris",ring1="Prolix Ring",
back="Swith Cape +1",waist="Witful Belt"

This is what I have sk using for her precast, this caps cast time with light arts or FC from sub and merits. There is a ton of improvements and modifications that can be made here. If you want me to help you piece something together from what you already have let me know. It also depends on what you use for your scripting too.

Edit: I also saw a post the other day that looks like Light Arts might bypass the casting time -80% cap. So I need to play with that too.
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2014-05-09 12:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Daffel said: »

What's your healing magic skill at? With tranquil heart, WHM shouldn't be having too many enmity issues. (Think in my cure set I'm sitting at around -20ish with 504 skill)

Honestly I'd have to check when we get back online. I know it's very close to cap though without gear.
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2014-05-09 12:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Wheeldog said: »
main="Tamaxchi",sub="Genbu's Shield",ammo="Incantor Stone",
head="Nahtirah Hat",neck="Aceso's Choker",ear1="Loquac. Earring",
body="Heka's Kalasiris",ring1="Prolix Ring",
back="Swith Cape +1",waist="Witful Belt"

This is what I have sk using for her precast, this caps cast time with light arts or FC from sub and merits. There is a ton of improvements and modifications that can be made here. If you want me to help you piece something together from what you already have let me know. It also depends on what you use for your scripting too.

This is what I have currently on my spellcast for HCT...

<head>Piety Cap</head>
<neck>Orison Locket</neck>
<body>Heka's Kalasiris</body>
<lear>Loquac. Earring</lear>
<legs>Orsn. Pantaln. +2</legs>
<ammo>Incantor Stone</ammo>
<back>Swithe Cape +1</back>
<lring>Prolix Ring</lring>
<feet>Cure Clogs</feet>

I don't care for "instacast" in my cure sets, because I'm told that it will not have time to equip my correct gear for a full cure pot set if it procs.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-05-09 12:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Hate only becomes an issue if you're throwing out curagas in a prolonged fight and/or in a fight with constant hate reset. -enm isn't meant to be valuable in ordinary fights, it's meant to keep one extra thing off your mind during more intense fights.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2014-05-09 12:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Daffel said: »

Honestly I'd have to check when we get back online. I know it's very close to cap though without gear.

That's cool only needed a rough guess, if it's close to cap Tranquil heart should be giving you about -18/20 enm. At 500 it caps at -22 I believe. (Been a while since I looked at it)

Piety Briault +1 I also plan to idel in when I have finished more useful bodies for other jobs.

Theophany mitts +1 if capped cure potency without body/legs slot I would recommend getting first.
 Odin.Skjalf
MSPaint Winner
Server: Odin
By Odin.Skjalf 2014-05-09 12:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Order of Priority (Top 5 Reforged WHM Pieces)

1. Theophany Mitts +1
2. Piety Duckbills +1
3. Piety Pantaloons +1
4. Theophany Cap +1
5. Theophany Briault +1

Be sure to get all the rest of both Reforge Artifact +1 and Relic +1 sets.

meow :3
[+]
 Ragnarok.Wheeldog
By Ragnarok.Wheeldog 2014-05-09 12:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The key is to take all your casting time- and fast cast% and add them up and try and get as close to 80% as possible. I got so frustrated with spellcast with precast not firing right that I gave up on it, but gearswap does it flawlessly and you can even work in quickcast gear if the slots allow it.
 Ragnarok.Daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2014-05-09 12:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The Piety duckbills have never interested me much. Do they give a larger boost over the normal relic aug? Had a bit of a break and would love to know ^.^
 Cerberus.Spirachub
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-05-09 12:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 323337

32% fast cast
35% -cure cast time (Genbu shield have -5% augmented [max is 8])

so that's -67%. I have 5/5 cure cast merit so that's 67+20 so it's at 87% (meaning I could take away a few stuff, but not that it matters)

*this is by no means the "BEST" set. It's just what i'm using.

--EDIT: I can't do maths. /facepalm
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-05-09 12:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 10% quick cast and 63% fc + 20% merits on my WHM. Can get 11% if I bother to get that ring. Gearswap isn't flawless, but it does work like 95% of the time for quick cast. Maybe every other week it'll fire off in the wrong set.
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2014-05-09 12:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 323337

32% fast cast

so that's -67%. I have 5/5 cure cast merit so that's 67+15 so it's at 82% (meaning I could take away the earring or something, but not that it matters)

Thanks. I appreciate the input. I like this set as I have most of the gear, I'd just like to swap around some of the pieces to get rid of those insta cast procs. Is it true that if that procs with spellcast it won't equip the correct gear to get a full cure potency or is this something that can be avoided in using gearswap?
 Ragnarok.Wheeldog
By Ragnarok.Wheeldog 2014-05-09 12:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 323337

32% fast cast

so that's -67%. I have 5/5 cure cast merit so that's 67+15 so it's at 82% (meaning I could take away the earring or something, but not that it matters)

Thanks. I appreciate the input. I like this set as I have most of the gear, I'd just like to swap around some of the pieces to get rid of those insta cast procs. Is it true that if that procs with spellcast it won't equip the correct gear to get a full cure potency or is this something that can be avoided in using gearswap?

That is true, spellcast can not handle quickcasting, so if you hit an instant cast then you will finish the spell in your precast gear and never get your potency set. Gearswap can handle this situation due to how it hands the server precast and midcast sets.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-05-09 12:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I use gearswap, so instacast isn't a worry for me XD

but yes it could be a problem with spellcast.
 Ragnarok.Luloo
user: Lulo
By Ragnarok.Luloo 2014-05-09 12:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd go for the artifact119 head hands feet (body is useless compared to orison for single target cures, and for heka or gende for gas)
About relic body legs (head is useless since u can cap 80 on precast with other many equips, hands are useless compared to lurid for any enfeebling or divine, unless u care bout potency of banish, feet have the same boosts of artifact and u dont rly need that 10% curepot since u can get anywhere else).
Hope it helps
 Ragnarok.Luloo
user: Lulo
By Ragnarok.Luloo 2014-05-09 12:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ofc i didnt mention that artifact body+1 is worst of artsieq full augmented with mac or even better or ischemia chausable for enf/divine
First Page 2