Sooo... FINALLY Food for Us and our Pets
First Page 2
 Asura.Velderin
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: JunkyFX
By Asura.Velderin 2014-05-02 15:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been complaining about wanting a doggy bag/table scraps to share with our pets for a long time. What are your guys and gals thoughts on the new foods? What do you all want to see?

Besides the normal I bet there will be a ACC & ATT food.

I'd love to see a Store TP food, or maybe something with Regain (doubtful on that one).

A food that also enhances Double Attack would be nice too.

lol... just had a thought... a Automation is a "Pet" sharing food with them would me funny smashing food into their non mouths, or seeing Garuda chow down on something and keep her flawless figure. haha
[+]
By volkom 2014-05-02 15:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I was soo deeply confused when I read your post because I didn't read that it was related to BST.

Was thinking... I share carrots with my dog...that's food that for us and the pet :S
[+]
By Artemicion 2014-05-02 15:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I always thought a simple remedy would be to give BST a trait that essentially shared a consumed food effect with the pet, but this might work out better as it will open a new market and allow you to fit specific needs per familiar.

Only bummer is, another -1 inventory. Yay.
By Ljd1 2014-05-02 15:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Excited...info/link pls
[+]
By Artemicion 2014-05-02 15:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ljd1 said: »
Excited...info/link pls

Bottom bullet, in bold.
By kenshynofshiva 2014-05-02 16:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

But don't forget Mog Wardrobe is on the Horizon so not all bad at -1 inventory we hopes... Hope it's on par with what we use today so its just a replacement would be nice...
 Siren.Kentai
Server: Siren
user: Kentai713
By Siren.Kentai 2014-05-02 16:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Give Carrie and yourself a food with Aquan Killer. Watch Carrie frighten herself to death. laugh.
[+]
 Seraph.Koroma
Server: Seraph
user: Koroma
By Seraph.Koroma 2014-05-02 19:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

My only real question is how hard will it be to get? Most serious bsts have cooking lvled but i just hope SE doesn't pull another Akaso situation
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-05-02 19:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Dragoon has a body that links food effects with it's wyvern, so hey, why not with other pets that require food?

Avatars are astral beings, made up entirely of magic.

Automatons are machines made of clockwork parts.

Beast pets already have an over-abundance of att/acc/da enhancing gear as it is, have pet food biscuits that restore HP, and are summoned using jugs of various food broths (meat broth, for example)
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-05-02 20:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
Dragoon has a body that links food effects with it's wyvern, so hey, why not with other pets that require food?

Avatars are astral beings, made up entirely of magic.

Automatons are machines made of clockwork parts.

Beast pets already have an over-abundance of att/acc/da enhancing gear as it is, have pet food biscuits that restore HP, and are summoned using jugs of various food broths (meat broth, for example)

Wait, are you saying that BSTs don't need food that works for us and our pets? The key difference between DRG and the jobs that you listed is that DRG is the only job that isn't entirely reliant on its pet to deal decent damage. BST in particular doesn't get enough of a boost from gear to make the pet worthwhile in most high-level content. Heaven forbid SE give something to help out them OP pet jobs that everyone loves taking to endgame content.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-05-02 20:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You really don't know jack about beastmaster at all, do you?

There is a TON of gear that enhances pet acc and attack, as well as weapons to help scale it's level, particularly with the newer jug pets that can pop out at 119.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-05-02 20:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You really don't know jack about beastmaster at all, do you?

There is a TON of gear that enhances pet acc and attack, as well as weapons to help scale it's level, particularly with the newer jug pets that can pop out at 119.

Yes, I'm fully aware that pets scale to 119. Now please do us all a favor and list all of the endgame content that beastmaster is useful in.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-05-02 20:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The exact same endgame content DRG is useful in.

Actually, BST pets have more of a use in AA/DM than DRG does. Same with Ouryu, and Tenzen.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-05-02 20:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, BST pets have more of a use in AA/DM than DRG does. Same with Ouryu, and Tenzen.

Exact same, eh? So BST pets can now hold their own on delve bosses and VD battlefields? And the call beast and reward timers are not an issue with the pet dying constantly?
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-05-02 20:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

A good BST can hold their own on many different delve bosses. Dragoon's only role was really for Angon, and most people would rather forego that, for a safe DD, or one that can put out multiple sets of DPS.

Also, a 119 pet can, and will hold it's own much better on VD content than a DRG will, in similar gear.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-05-02 20:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

A good BST can hold their own on many different delve bosses. Dragoon's only role was really for Angon, and most people would rather forego that, for a safe DD, or one that can put out multiple sets of DPS.

Also, a 119 pet can, and will hold it's own much better on VD content than a DRG will, in similar gear.

I'm gonna hold back a second and see if there's anyone else in the world that actually agrees with you.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-05-02 21:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

There's an LS already that does this kind of stuff - called MinionLS I believe.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-05-02 21:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You mean the one that couldn't clear AA on easy with a full alliance, 12 of those being pet jobs? No offense to their group intended, but you'll need a better example.
 Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel 2014-05-02 21:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Exact same, eh? So BST pets can now hold their own on delve bosses and VD battlefields? And the call beast and reward timers are not an issue with the pet dying constantly?

There aren't many jobs that people bring outside of the "rng brd whm pld" bs on both delve and VD AA. I think what bloodrose was getting at was something like normal AA, and maybe tojil/shark/bee (maybe more like just tojil).

BST/nin would do much better on AA than drg for 2 reasons. DRG is really great job, but /nin sucks on it. It heavily relies on /sam.

#2. Snarl to pet will get rid of the enmity that the bst pulls from DPS on ruinator, which is arguably the best merited ws.

I would much rather bring a well geared and knowledgeable bst to AA than something like drg. However I would rather bring a drg to delve for obvious reasons.

I fulltime pup, so I always see these problems with a not wanted pet job within the mix, but I make my own runs and have gained respect from people that way. When I post parses out dd-ing mnks on both AA and delve runs. When I post acc parses and damage parses on difficult AA and delve v2 you shut people up. Hell, even people on my server ask me to join their runs now, and want me to go pup.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-05-02 21:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of underestimating how much punishment a Tulfaire BST pet with a master wearing a decent -DT set can take up in here. Have done BST BST BRD COR D and VD AAs with no issues (occasionally need a 3rd BST for VD), usually doesn't even take a full stack of pet food for each BST. Tulfaire comes with an innate 50% resistance to the damage of every one of the AAs (besides taru's magic, but that's easy enough to mitigate as it is), plus trait, plus gear. Add in how potent the healing over time from a capped -recast and nice potency set Reward is, and you've got a sturdy pink thing to take hits for you. Giggity.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-05-02 21:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
A lot of underestimating how much punishment a Tulfaire BST pet with a master wearing a decent -DT set can take up in here. Have done BST BST BRD COR D and VD AAs with no issues, usually doesn't even take a full stack of pet food for each BST. Tulfaire comes with an innate 50% resistance to the damage of every one of the AAs (besides taru's magic, but that's easy enough to mitigate as it is), plus trait, plus gear. Add in how potent the healing over time from a capped -recast and nice potency set Reward is, and you've got a sturdy pink thing to take hits for you. Giggity.
Giggity indeed
 Asura.Velderin
Server: Asura
user: JunkyFX
By Asura.Velderin 2014-05-02 21:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

There are several Pet LSes out there that do these things.

Some do it for fun and some may not succeed right off the bat, and some may.

There are... and I prolly am not going to win any friends here, but BSTs out there who just level it and not focus on the ins and outs of what you can do with the job. They don't make a DD Master set, a really good Reward Set, a Pet Tanking set, etc... They pay no attention to their pets which make them fail. I have seen this time and time again on my server these Wanna-BSTs (Wannabes).

You need to take the time to study the job and not just toss a pet at it as a hunk of meat that just attacks. Extend it's life with a PDT/DT/MDT set when you know what you are going up against and then have a kick *** Reward Set to heal them prolonging the life of your pet in situations. I have been in fights where they have not worked on that and when their pet dies they could care less. Your pet is a companion for the battle/fight/whatever it is you may be doing.

There is a stigmata on my server when someone sees a BST in the party and they are like oh great a BST... worthless job is that why we are doing this on Very Easy or Easy? But if you take the time and effort you can do normal or better. I think the new food items will help with this as well so I am excited for it. I have been loving Job Points and have been trying to max my ACC up with my Pet to be more effective. It felt good after a battle and being told that I handled myself great in there and knew that my pet could tank several mobs as we pulled the off one by one in a few of the Rem's 1-5 fights.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-05-02 21:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Also I think a lot of people underestimate how ridiculously strong Snarl is for enmity management, too.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-05-02 21:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, good input. So, beside Bloodrose, who else thinks the BST pet/master food thing would be unnecessary or overpowered (which was the original point of debate)?
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-05-02 21:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I never actually said it was OP'd by any means, but I do think it's unnecessary to have a separate food for pet stats. They could do what they did with DRG - which is what I was actually getting at.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-05-02 22:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh. Well hurray for misunderstandings. Here I was thinking you were saying that BST was overpowered or something. The DRG thing actually sounds like a good idea.
By barkley1 2014-05-02 22:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, good input. So, beside Bloodrose, who else thinks the BST pet/master food thing would be unnecessary or overpowered (which was the original point of debate)?

This was my initial thought, not gonna lie. However, bst pets have extremely weak ready moves. Unless the food gives a sizable amount of attack and increases ready move damage, this buff will be far from overpowered imo.

Also, bst have no native offensive JAs, besides killer instinct which is reliant on the monster strength thingy. Personally, I do not think this buff will break anything, far from it. Pets in abyssea with atma on weaker content are not exactly world beaters; their damage suffers as the content lvl increases. Ruinator is a insane ws though.
By fillerbunny9 2014-05-02 23:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

the only pets out there with exceptional Weaponskills are Avatar Blood Pacts and the Sharpshot frame Automaton. Wyvern breaths are an absolute joke (hell, Wyverns are a massive joke in and of themselves) and while some Automaton Weaponskills are workable, the only one worth its salt is Armor Shatterer. meanwhile BST pets are highly maintainable thanks to how rapidly you can use Call Beast. further, with the speed of Reward, fantastic potency on high level biscuits, and when coupled with a Reward set you're rarely in a situation where you are without a pet.

being undesired in endgame content? welcome to being a pet job. this is nothing new, and until years of stigma from shitty players is eliminated, that's where you'll stay with all the non-flavor of the months. a new food that applies to pets and masters is not going to change people's opinions. the wording even indicates that it could be applicable to all pet jobs, but I highly doubt that it'll offer more than a handful of extra damage per attack round.
 Remora.Donquichot
Server: Remora
By Remora.Donquichot 2014-05-03 01:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You mean the one that couldn't clear AA on easy with a full alliance, 12 of those being pet jobs? No offense to their group intended, but you'll need a better example.

Yeah we got trouble still on Easy Divine Might II. Mostly is because lack of experience of some of the members. This is mostly because noone was willing to take em along on these fights unless they paid for it. With that said Minions is a work in progress still and we are growing. With the help of the pet community i hope we will get better at all the more difficult content. Most important thing is us having fun on the jobs we like. Sunday we had a blast killing Legion Hall of Mul bosses 2x with 11 people.

This pet food update should help alot. For me personal its great if rng puppet was able to hit on content larger than normal. Problem still arises for us that the rng pets get 1-2 shotted. PLD pet can hold its own fine though, but is severely lacking in acc. I just hope this food update will give us alot of new fun stuff to try!

PS. character name is Onionknight on Shiva if you want to join.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-05-03 01:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Giving pets a little boost certainly won't break things.

It will be most noticeable solo by giving a little increase to pet strength. In group settings, you're still going to have the major issue of songs/rolls/mage buffs not affecting pets. Food will in no way make up for that unless it has positively insane stats.
[+]
First Page 2