RNG Wildfire Build. Possible?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » RNG Wildfire build. Possible?
RNG Wildfire build. Possible?
First Page 2
 Odin.Vikter
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Vikter
By Odin.Vikter 2014-04-17 14:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I went on ahead and did the quest to get the wildfire WS. Is there enough equips out for RNG that has good MAB on it? All I have seen was the Orion body piece, WKR back piece with +10 MAB, 2 all jobs MAB earrings, augmented MAB rings and of course fire staff and an appropriate grip. Am I missing some other pieces??
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-04-17 14:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Vikter said: »
I went on ahead and did the quest to get the wildfire WS. Is there enough equips out for RNG that has good MAB on it? All I have seen was the Orion body piece, WKR back piece with +10 MAB, 2 all jobs MAB earrings, augmented MAB rings and of course fire staff and an appropriate grip. Am I missing some other pieces??

You need some quality amounts of Agility for Wildfire, too.

Pretty sure there's a set in the main ranger thread though?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-04-17 14:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're using Wildfire on high-level enemies, you're going to need to use an ilvl main weapon to avoid resists.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-17 14:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You're going to want to look at what corsairs use for Wildfire and Quick draw and start matching them up for Ranger. Just remember that you have access to pieces of gear with a lot of AGI+ as well.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2014-04-17 14:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering that COR's Wildfire set is mostly JSE, that advice isn't as helpful as you think it is =/
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-04-17 14:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 322535

Approximately. Orion's has the most AGI of anything I can recall of the top of my head. Not sure on Orion+1 vs. Khepri/Kheper jacket. Otherwise maximize AGI if there isn't sufficient MAB.

Edit: It is NOT a hard and fast rule, but in many instances 2 AGI = 1 MAB. If you can get more AGI in those slots with this equation, do it (see rings, waist).
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2014-04-17 14:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be worth checking whether or not Stormsouls still beat 3 MAB rings, as total AGI has greatly increased post-ilvl while MAB has not gone up nearly as much for RNG.

Path C Qaaxo Leggings should be best for that slot.
By Pantafernando 2014-04-17 14:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Iuitl tights has mab+10.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-04-17 14:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
It would be worth checking whether or not Stormsouls still beat 3 MAB rings, as total AGI has greatly increased post-ilvl while MAB has not gone up nearly as much for RNG. Path C Qaaxo Leggings should be best for that slot.

3 MAB rings may edge stormsoul, but good luck getting them.

I've been trying since Abyssea debuted to get +3 MAB rings. I'm still at +2s. I've probably gone through 1000.

Edit: For perspective and to illuminate that number isn't pulled out of my ***, I've cleaved three Tahrongi weapons and it used to be my exp zone of choice for cleaving just for the sake of trying to get rings.

No luck.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-04-17 14:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Iuitl tights has mab+10.

Actually I forgot about Shneddick Tights, which are AGI+10 MAB+15
 Odin.Vikter
By Odin.Vikter 2014-04-17 14:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I picked up the schneddick tights fort RUN too. I forgot where that waist piece drops from. Elemental Obi wouldn't work?
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-04-17 14:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I picked up the schneddick tights fort RUN too. I forgot where that waist piece drops from. Elemental Obi wouldn't work?

Assuming you've got a SCH or the right day.

I never seem to.
 Odin.Vikter
By Odin.Vikter 2014-04-17 15:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea Obi would be far fetched. So MAB > AGI I'm that order? I think there is a hat that RNG can use with AGI and MAB on it that some corsairs wore.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-17 16:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Considering that COR's Wildfire set is mostly JSE, that advice isn't as helpful as you think it is =/

well i should have clarified, that I was thinking with regard to accessories like necklaces, earrings, rings, capes and belts.
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2014-04-17 17:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been getting nice results with wildfire on some of the NMs in the new delves. This is my current set (there are a couple of improvements I will probably make like quaxxo feet mab path and fire obi):

ItemSet 322541

I have not parsed Wildfire specifically (just ws avg for runs) but WF does around 1500 dmg on the Utkux, 3300 dmg on the ram in magic mode, and 2,200 dmg on whichever Marjami NMs we use WF for(think it was Hakawai). We tried throwing rngs at Wopket before switching strategies and WF was also doing around 1500 dmg there. I use anni and normal TP weapons in kahmir where WF is not a full time WS but switch to a mab path pulfanxa with chantoyant and the magic dmg grip on the Marjami NM.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-17 17:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

out of curiosity what NM in Marjami are you using Wildfire on? Never came across a gimmick requiring wildfire in that zone.
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2014-04-17 18:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

My brain is absolutely fried from TEC differentiation at the moment so I can't recall which NM it was and it's been about a week since we last did Marjami. It was a NM that we were under no circumstances supposed to weapon skill on unless we could wildfire, and that leads me to believe it was Hakawai. Also we tend to bring 12+ to Marjami because we have a lot of ls members so maybe it's not a big deal wsing on the mob when it has less hp?
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-04-17 20:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea Obi would be far fetched. So MAB > AGI I'm that order? I think there is a hat that RNG can use with AGI and MAB on it that some corsairs wore.

There's Thaumas Hat from Nyzul II but the pure mass of AGI on some of the 119 gear likely wins unless you're really hurting for MAB elsewhere.
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2014-04-20 02:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Did some more Marjami tonight, it was the harpy we do WF on not hakawai.
[+]
 Asura.Psubond
user: psubond
By Asura.Psubond 2014-04-20 03:03:51
Link | Quote | Reply

just curious, why wildfire on harpy?
 Fenrir.Magi
Server: Fenrir
user: Magitek
By Fenrir.Magi 2014-04-20 04:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

There's Thaumas Hat from Nyzul II but the pure mass of AGI on some of the 119 gear likely wins unless you're really hurting for MAB elsewhere.

What about Umbani cap? 5 less Agi than Orion but you gain magic damage +5
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-04-20 04:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Rule of thumb is 2 AGI = 1 MAB so a head piece needs 27 or more agi on its own to beat out Thaumas or it has mab or mdmg on it.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2014-04-20 08:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Magi said: »
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

What about Umbani cap? 5 less Agi than Orion but you gain magic damage +5

Assuming I'm correctly remembering how +MDMG factors into elemental WS, the +5 magic damage will lose out to the AGI.
By feint2021 2014-04-20 10:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

On the Ram NM in the lion delve I have ran into some resist issues. Does main hand magic accuracy really affect ranged elemental WS? I've switched to using elemental belts and gorget and can't tell if my Macc has improved (My wildfires do about 3.2k unresisted). I've recently obtained sabebus so really haven't tested it out for the magic accuracy.

I know the elemental staves also give some Macc.

Staves > magic accuracy mainhand or the other way around.

I could see magic accuracy on the main hand affecting ranged elemental ws because why would they put macc on an axe (hurlbat).
 Quetzalcoatl.Lishje
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Lishje
By Quetzalcoatl.Lishje 2014-04-20 11:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure the M.acc skill on your main hand weapon effects ALL magical type damage, from casting as subjob to ranged weapon skills.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-04-20 11:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I was using Chatoyant Staff on the Ram NM and have only seen two half resists, out of 30 or so, unresisted damage doing just over 3500, without a capped set.
 Phoenix.Devdas
Server: Phoenix
user: Devdas
By Phoenix.Devdas 2014-04-20 11:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Psubond said: »
just curious, why wildfire on harpy?

It has something to do with the skill that allows to to randomly spike up to 2600+ damage on a ability and oneshot the paladin. I believe it is determined by how much physical damage you do to it between the various Ice-based nukes casted on it. By using Wildfire and having only the ranger shots be the only thing that powers up this ability makes it a much smoother fight and saves time having to kite/arise the paladin.
[+]
By dinendale 2014-04-22 05:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you switching out bullet to Orichalcum Bullet for the mab just for wildfire ?
By Pantafernando 2014-04-22 07:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

dinendale said: »
Are you switching out bullet to Orichalcum Bullet for the mab just for wildfire ?

Wildfire dont count the bullet dmg, so the oricahlcum mab is the only thing that enter in the calcs. But can use animikii bullet if you have faith in your recycle.
First Page 2