8 men

Any suggestion?
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-04-15 14:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if those are all people you're trying to fit in and are limited on jobs, or if you can go with less. If it's the former you can probably disregard this.

It's beatable by a 6 man pld and rng group, we've done it recently pretty easily. Cor, Rng, Rng, Pld, Whm, Brd.

For the raaz, we just had rngs bring different melee type weapons and go melee if it was on a stage they could damage. All 3 of the rng/cor had wildfire unlocked for magic, too. Make sure his haste buff is getting finaled.

Whm needs to have a decent enfeeb set to silence the gnole, and had the cor wind shot after silence landed. We also waited till about 60-70% to silence, because it starts resisting pretty bad after a bit. (Btw, I did this as whm/rdm on a mule, so it wasn't really super hard to land).

Don't really remember anything specific about the last 3 nms, they were pretty straight-forward.

Boss was super squishy and died in under 5 minutes.

The most annoying part of this zone was the layout. (and occasionally lameness on the raaz). We must've wasted a good 5+ min running just running around.
 Bismarck.Nobunobu
Server: Bismarck
user: nobunobu
By Bismarck.Nobunobu 2014-04-15 15:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

cool, thanks for feed back.
 Asura.Tot
Server: Asura
By Asura.Tot 2014-04-15 15:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

do silence arrows land on T2?
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-04-15 16:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I really have no clue.. but they'd have to be really reliable, because from what I've seen it likes to spam the heck out embrace when silence is off. I know it was partially bad luck on our end because the last time we fought it was 96% full moon, but when silence wore and started resiting he went from 20-25% hp to 100% pretty damn quick :<
 Bismarck.Nobunobu
Server: Bismarck
user: nobunobu
By Bismarck.Nobunobu 2014-04-15 23:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

T-1 Hog NM seems confusing. It starts with no resistance to any kind of weapon or magic damage. After certain period of dmg taken, it changes to only 1 type of dmg and it keeps lvling up fast. Do we need to keep all 4 damage balanced so it doesn't build resistance to damage type?
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2014-04-15 23:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

No, you can damage him normally until he does Zealous Snort. As he's doing snort, DD should turn and not TP it, a 2hr animation will occur then you can have 1 or 2 dd hit it once to see if it takes full damage from that weapon type, and whichever one it takes damage from you should continue with. After you do a certain amount of damage it'll proc blue and it'll take full damage again from everything until it does zealous snort again. Sometimes it'll do zealous snort multiple times in a row, but the damage doesn't change until blue proc/2hr animation. Make sure every DD that isn't doing full damage isn't hitting it otherwise you'll feed it too much tp and it'll spam zealous snort to level up
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-15 23:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
No, you can damage him normally until he does Zealous Snort. As he's doing snort, DD should turn and not TP it, a 2hr animation will occur then you can have 1 or 2 dd hit it once to see if it takes full damage from that weapon type, and whichever one it takes damage from you should continue with. After you do a certain amount of damage it'll proc blue and it'll take full damage again from everything until it does zealous snort again. Sometimes it'll do zealous snort multiple times in a row, but the damage doesn't change until blue proc/2hr animation. Make sure every DD that isn't doing full damage isn't hitting it otherwise you'll feed it too much tp and it'll spam zealous snort to level up

should mention that he can guard so you might have to take a few swings to get an accurate read on it's damage type.
 Asura.Felgarr
Server: Asura
user: Felgarr
By Asura.Felgarr 2014-05-13 06:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Any updates here? I've only attempted one run, where we beaded 1,2,4. Got mega boss down to 15% before wiping.
 Carbuncle.Sisko
Server: Carbuncle
user: siskotaru
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2014-05-13 08:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If you only want the win and don't care about setting a new reccord, I would bead T1, 4&5. You'll have enough connexion points by sunday.

I would setup something like RNGx2, MNK/RUN, WHM, BRD, COR in team 1, and SCH PLD SMN in team 2.

Smn really helps a lot in the new delves as they can handle adds very easlily.

PLD aggroes everything in your way to NMs, with everyone following him, he then vokes one add, the smn targets the voked add, Aga with Shiva/Leviathan and go back with his pet to make all the adds lose aggro upon defeating/retreat the pet.