First Page 2
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-04-14 00:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Coming soon.

Minions LS on Shiva is finally getting it's members Divine Might II access. We now have enough with access that we're going to give it a go next Weekend.
 Asura.Felgarr
Server: Asura
user: Felgarr
By Asura.Felgarr 2014-04-14 00:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm very much looking forward to this! Please take lots of pics and make sure every BST has a 119 weapon, Relic Gloves (Reforged) and BST Affinity Merits.

Good luck!
 Odin.Phunkism
Server: Odin
user: phunky
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-04-14 01:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

What difficulty were you aiming for and what is your strategy going to be?

Maybe we all can help out ironing out the details for you guys :)
 Cua
By Cua 2014-04-14 02:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr, lets get on this on our server!
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-14 08:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Good luck with this endeavor! I'm anxious to hear how you guys set this up. I more or less abandoned the idea of doing an all-pet DM II run due to a few reasons. Pet accuracy (then) was previously an issue even with good gear, and the effort vs. reward ratio in doing Very Easy or Easy simply wouldn't be worth the potentially poor drop rate.

I hope you guys go forward with it though. Are you going with 100% pet jobs?
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-04-14 10:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

We're still debating if we should go with 100% pet jobs, or majority pet jobs. Also, not everyone in the LS has DMII access yet, still lacking a few more LS members still. We probably have like, 12 people with access.

So, with that said, we will probably do our attempt on Easy to see how it goes. We do have an Ochain PLD in the LS, and he could easily tank the Hume while some BSTs with 119 pets tank Galka, and Mithra. The Tarutaru won't leave the circle, so we're thinking of taking Hume, Galka, and Mithra along with the two pets to the circle area to be tanked, leave Tarutaru in the circle to wonder "WTF?" while we zerg down Elvaan in the hallway first.

Thinking of doing kills in this order. EV > TT > GK > MR > HM
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
Server: Carbuncle
user: Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2014-04-14 11:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
We're still debating if we should go with 100% pet jobs, or majority pet jobs. Also, not everyone in the LS has DMII access yet, still lacking a few more LS members still. We probably have like, 12 people with access.

So, with that said, we will probably do our attempt on Easy to see how it goes. We do have an Ochain PLD in the LS, and he could easily tank the Hume while some BSTs with 119 pets tank Galka, and Mithra. The Tarutaru won't leave the circle, so we're thinking of taking Hume, Galka, and Mithra along with the two pets to the circle area to be tanked, leave Tarutaru in the circle to wonder "WTF?" while we zerg down Elvaan in the hallway first.

your over thinking it. Just have the pld super tank all in the corridor, have one bst or smn pull one to bottom of stairs (but not close enough to agro TT) and then sic pets on it. Pld + whm can hold easy. 10 pet jobs should take down rest fast. After all dead kill TT.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-14 11:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Tyleron said: »

your over thinking it. Just have the pld super tank all in the corridor, have one bst or smn pull one to bottom of stairs (but not close enough to agro TT) and then sic pets on it. Pld + whm can hold easy. 10 pet jobs should take down rest fast. After all dead kill TT.

This part here is very important. Once the supertank initially gets aggro on TT, there is no guarantee it will stick. I found this out the hard way as a WHM many runs ago when we were still feeling out all the different types of positioning strategies. We tried the strategy of the supertank holding in the hall and other PLD tanking the single AA's on the small flat section on the stairs.

Long story short: TT lost aggro on the PLD and looked for another target - which was me. Since at the time the RNG's were at the top of the stairs firing downwards, I was at the bottom of the stairs next to the arena floor supporting from that position.
By Heimdel 2014-04-14 12:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
Carbuncle.Tyleron said: »

This part here is very important. Once the supertank initially gets aggro on TT, there is no guarantee it will stick. I found this out the hard way as a WHM many runs ago when we were still feeling out all the different types of positioning strategies. We tried the strategy of the supertank holding in the hall and other PLD tanking the single AA's on the small flat section on the stairs.

Long story short: TT lost aggro on the PLD and looked for another target - which was me. Since at the time the RNG's were at the top of the stairs firing downwards, I was at the bottom of the stairs next to the arena floor supporting from that position.

I had a similar problem on smn with super tank. I would be doing earthen armor and every now and then titan would take off after taru meaning hate had shifted to me somehow. Also something to consider with taru is how to keep it from sleepgaing your pets if fighting near it.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-04-14 12:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, the reason why I said Elvaan should go first. A couple weeks ago, we tried to do EV with a PLD RNG RNG BRD COR SCH setup on Normal......and our PLD got one-shotted by Arrogance Incarnate about a minute after engaging.

So yes, I'd very much like to avoid the possibility of that happening at all costs. LOL
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-14 12:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, the reason why I said Elvaan should go first. A couple weeks ago, we tried to do EV with a PLD RNG RNG BRD COR SCH setup on Normal......and our PLD got one-shotted by Arrogance Incarnate about a minute after engaging.

So yes, I'd very much like to avoid the possibility of that happening at all costs. LOL

Well that's never a fun event, lol.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-04-19 17:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Pet Job Divine Might II going down in 3 hours.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-19 17:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Pet Job Divine Might II going down in 3 hours.

Good luck. What's your set-up?
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-04-19 18:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't know yet! LOL

Not everyone is online yet and we don't know exactly what our numbers will be.
 Asura.Harcombe
By Asura.Harcombe 2014-04-19 18:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool, very tempted to reactive and try to get Asura onboard..

Should have no problems holding Elf, it was only doing 1600~ arrogance to Ibuki when I would hold it (DMII Normal).

I do have an ideal PET-burn strat that I would like to try, though finding the peeps to do it is an event on its own.

Anyway good luck and wish you all the beast best!!!
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-04-19 19:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

easy DM isn't hard with ~6 real jobs, does the thought of having to pay attention really sound that unappealing to people
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-04-19 20:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
easy DM isn't hard with ~6 real jobs, does the thought of having to pay attention really sound that unappealing to people

We're doing this with the jobs we enjoy playing. If that's a problem to you, then gtfo and have a nice day.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-04-19 20:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

playing is a generous description for killing things with pet jobs
 Carbuncle.Jysthea
user: Jysthea
By Carbuncle.Jysthea 2014-04-19 20:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I know its a hard concept to grasp, but some people actually like being able to play jobs that aren't the current ONRY playable job.

Though concepts like "fun" and "entertainment" are lost so it's not even worth commenting tbh.

There used to be entire shells dedicated to people who played bst only, those days are long gone though =/
[+]
 Asura.Tymoris
user: Tymoris
By Asura.Tymoris 2014-04-19 20:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Playing is also a generous description when you use bots for everything ^^
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2014-04-19 20:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You should stream dis on Twitch so I can watch.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-04-19 20:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have Twitch

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-04-19 21:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

If I knew how to live stream, I'd be doing it.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-04-19 21:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

First run not going well. Bad positioning of mobs & pets, resulting in chaos & wipe. Recovering and retrying.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-04-19 22:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

We timed out.

We managed to kill EV, and were just about to take down GK when we timed out. Had we not wiped and recovered, we probably would have taken down GK and began working on the next, which would have been MR.

We finally got a strat of where to tank mobs and where to fight mobs. We had a PLD and a SCH healer, so PLD took MR HM and GK to the entrance. We fought EV in the hallway, and left Taru in the circle.

It's just a matter of having stronger DPS. In the case of a majority pet strategy, a fair number of SMNs would do the trick. BST pets still have accuracy issues. I sincerely hope SE comes through with their promise of foods that increase pet accuracy.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-04-20 00:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

OK! Run #2 went much more smoothly.

We were able to take down 4 of the 5 AA. We timed out with the final AA (Taru) at 70% HP.

So yes, this is entirely possible with an alliance of majority pet jobs. We again used a PLD with a SCH healing, and we had a late arriving LS member come on his BRD for support. We had one COR in the SMN party. Everyone else in the 13-person alliance was BST SMN or PUP.

Setup was PLD SCH BRD COR SMNx4 BSTx4 and a PUP. And the attempt was on Easy. I believe if we had a full alliance and a couple more SMNs we could easily win on Easy, and possibly challenge Normal.

Overall, first run was a sort of dry run to work out the kinks. 2nd run was much better.

Congrats to Saieth for the Dynasty Mitts off EV, and Jburner for getting the RNG body.
 Carbuncle.Jysthea
user: Jysthea
By Carbuncle.Jysthea 2014-04-20 00:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Congrats, sorta, lol /jealous
By Wiget 2014-04-20 23:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

figure its about time i introduce myself
Hi im Wiget shell owner of minions linkshell
its nice to see that we have so many fans
the video for our DMv2 second attempt is done
just have to export and upload it to youtube
ill have the link posted once its done
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-21 08:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Wiget said: »
figure its about time i introduce myself
Hi im Wiget shell owner of minions linkshell
its nice to see that we have so many fans
the video for our DMv2 second attempt is done
just have to export and upload it to youtube
ill have the link posted once its done

I think it's great what you guys are doing. It's always an awesome feeling to overcome a challenge on a job that typically doesn't fit the norm of what's being used now days.

With all that said, I agree with previous posters: It would really be nice if you set up a Twitch account and actively streamed your events. I'm sure you'd gather a following fairly quickly. As soon as my PC gets built, I'll be doing the same thing. There's only a very small handful of people posting end-game pet job solos on YouTube right now.
First Page 2