Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Skadi's Jambeaux
Skadi's Jambeaux
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-11 10:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm wanting to plan out some Salvage runs to begin working on Skadi Jambeaux. To my knowledge, those boots are BST's only 12% movement+ option, right?

I'm looking over the Salvage forum, but I wanted to ask if anyone has any feedback, advice, strategies, guides or other relevant info that could help me save time and be more efficient. I haven't done Salvage in a long time, so any shared personal experiences would be appreciated.

Once I obtain the boots, I'll start looking at the +1 option.

Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2014-04-11 10:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Those are 12% and the +1 are 18%.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-04-11 10:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

While I'm not too fresh on Salvage myself either, looking up the conditions for all the pieces, it's all pretty straightforward to the point where you're just going to come up against luck with regards to the drop off the bhaflau boss.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-11 11:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Waffless said: »
Those are 12% and the +1 are 18%.

:o oh nice. I didn't know that!

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
While I'm not too fresh on Salvage myself either, looking up the conditions for all the pieces, it's all pretty straightforward to the point where you're just going to come up against luck with regards to the drop off the bhaflau boss.

Cool, well thanks for the info.
 Asura.Xceptre
Server: Asura
user: sceptre
By Asura.Xceptre 2014-04-12 05:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
I'm wanting to plan out some Salvage runs to begin working on Skadi Jambeaux. To my knowledge, those boots are BST's only 12% movement+ option, right?

I'm looking over the Salvage forum, but I wanted to ask if anyone has any feedback, advice, strategies, guides or other relevant info that could help me save time and be more efficient. I haven't done Salvage in a long time, so any shared personal experiences would be appreciated.

Once I obtain the boots, I'll start looking at the +1 option.

i just ran this last night with no experience of it really and it was easy,
i did silver sea for the first part which is 100% drop and got them with no problems,
the bosses you encounter are a joke at best,the only one that was annoying was the imp that flew away from me at times but your pet will stay on it and hunt it down,
Also the cell spam is crazy ,its nice to have the cells to unlock everything but after that your inv gets filled fast so keep a look on that incase you lose ***like alex etc.

first floor : Just kill ***and unlock your crap in the room before the first porter i switched pet to gooey just to aoe down the first set fast so i could use the portal to get threw,

second floor: you can go down and follow the right wall to the NM deadpan devilet ,kill that its easy and then dekka will pop kill that and you have your first part.

The other floors i just farmed alex and then got to the last floor and kill chariot,

im going for my 2nd part after reset so if anything comes up ill let you no =).
By Wordspoken 2014-04-12 06:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

BG has excellent guides on salvage.
[+]
 Shiva.Xenorex
Server: Shiva
user: Xenorex
By Shiva.Xenorex 2014-04-16 06:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I took on this project pre-119 myself. The old salvage areas are way easy for even a 106 BST, which is what I was when I got the skadi base boots. The +1 boots took forever to drop off the hydras, not kidding took me over 30 runs, but I banked alex during that period. Now I'm just umbrage and alex farming to upgrade my skadi gears to +1 versions, which is also easy peasy for a 119 BST. As word mentioned, use the BG guides and its pretty straight forward once you get the hang of it.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-16 08:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Wordspoken said: »
BG has excellent guides on salvage.
Shiva.Xenorex said: »
I took on this project pre-119 myself. The old salvage areas are way easy for even a 106 BST, which is what I was when I got the skadi base boots. The +1 boots took forever to drop off the hydras, not kidding took me over 30 runs, but I banked alex during that period. Now I'm just umbrage and alex farming to upgrade my skadi gears to +1 versions, which is also easy peasy for a 119 BST. As word mentioned, use the BG guides and its pretty straight forward once you get the hang of it.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've been reading the guides on BG, but I also wanted to get first-hand feedback from folks who have farmed their boots.

So from the looks of it, Salvage II is also soloable?