Arrogance Incarnate -8%
First Page 2 3
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-07 16:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not even a PLD, but I got excited when I saw these. Depending on what PLD's are using for AA's and DM II's, particularly on Difficult mode or higher, these may be a welcome addition for EV's Arrogance Incarnate.

Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-07 16:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Such a silly name. I think of a scuffle as something that happens between two fourth-graders behind the cafeteria, not a life-or-death struggle with an Elvaan demon-woman.
[+]
 Asura.Melbufrauma
Server: Asura
By Asura.Melbufrauma 2014-04-07 16:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna go out on a limb and just assume these drop from Ouryu fight
[+]
By SeekerStar 2014-04-07 16:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Such a silly name. I think of a scuffle as something that happens between two fourth-graders behind the cafeteria, not a life-or-death struggle with an Elvaan demon-woman.

Logic compels me to remark that she's supposed to be an Ark Angel.

Experience causes me to agree with your assessment.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-04-07 16:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Been a while since I did AA EV, was the TP move long enough to be able to determine it is AI and then swap in a breath set? Could always just swap in a breath set on any TP move considering the danger of AI compared to anything else she does.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-04-07 16:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Now you don't have to bring a SMN on Difficult mode?
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-04-07 16:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

SeekerStar said: »

If Supernatural has taught me anything, it's that Angels are just as bitchy as Demons, if not more so.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-07 16:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »

If Supernatural has taught me anything, it's that Angels are just as bitchy as Demons, if not more so.

This lesson can also be learned in "The Prophecy", "Dogma" and "Constantine" movies.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-07 16:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Been a while since I did AA EV, was the TP move long enough to be able to determine it is AI and then swap in a breath set? Could always just swap in a breath set on any TP move considering the danger of AI compared to anything else she does.

As far as I can tell, Arrogance Incarnate is instant - or at least too fast for you to manually swap into a -BDT set. As a WHM, I'm always grateful to get EV done and over with at the start of our DM II runs simply because she can be unpredictable with AI.
 Sylph.Rasibian
Server: Sylph
user: Rasibian
By Sylph.Rasibian 2014-04-07 17:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

/cry less challenge on VD EV and T5 marjami ravine
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-04-07 17:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Rasibian said: »

Wait . . . it was a challenge?
 Sylph.Rasibian
By Sylph.Rasibian 2014-04-07 17:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

as pld tell me somting more challenging? kthx

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Gerion 2014-04-07 17:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

She's the Ark Angel of Arrogance, so.... duh?

>.>

Elvaan = Arrogance
Hume = Apathy
Galka = Rage
Tarutaru = Cowardice
Mithra = Envy

It's been a major theme for both RoZ and CoP.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2014-04-09 12:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Rasibian said: »
Ravenous Wail is slow enough that you can run from it since its centered on the harpeia, cant say the same for Incarnate.
 Sylph.Rasibian
By Sylph.Rasibian 2014-04-09 12:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

oh well, my team is drilled to make me eat it like a man but thx for the advice i will sure try it /bow
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-04-09 12:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Asura.Calatilla said: »
Logic compels me to remark that she's supposed to be an Ark Angel. Experience causes me to agree with your assessment.
This lesson can also be learned in "The Prophecy", "Dogma" and "Constantine" movies.

Don't forget Imperius and various others from Diablo and subsequent games. Particularly Diablo III.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-04-09 13:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Now you don't have to bring a SMN on Difficult mode?

Never had to.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-04-09 16:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

As I've mentioned elsewhere, Arrogance Incarnate is not a breath attack. It's reduced and absorbed as a needles-esque(kinda-not-really) attack, and rarely does more than ~1k with Aegis on

Can't for the life of me see how it was ever determined to be breath, as it very obviously wastes people if preceded by a Dominion Slash that dispels shell
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-09 16:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kaparu said: »
As I've mentioned elsewhere, Arrogance Incarnate is not a breath attack. It's reduced and absorbed as a needles-esque(kinda-not-really) attack, and rarely does more than ~1k with Aegis on

Arrogance Incarnate is a modified version of Spirits Within, which itself is classified as Breath damage.
By aeronx 2014-04-09 16:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't for the life of me see how it was ever determined to be breath, as it very obviously wastes people if preceded by a Dominion Slash that dispels shell

Not sure this is accurate because I have gone from 30%bdt to 40%bdt and saw a significant reduction in dmg from arrogance incarnate. for example 2500 to 1600 in dmg.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-04-09 16:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »

Arrogance Incarnate is a modified version of Spirits Within, which itself is classified as Breath damage.

Then it's a breath attack that behaves in no way like a breath attack, and for all intents and purposes should be treated like a magic attack

Is there a basis for assuming it's a modified version of Spirits Within other than the animation?
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-04-09 16:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

aeronx said: »

Not sure this is accurate because I have gone from 30%bdt to 40%bdt and saw a significant reduction in dmg from arrogance incarnate. for example 2500 to 1600 in dmg.

That reduction couldn't be the result of 10% BDT, even if it were being treated as a breath attack. It's much more likely that shell or scherzo wasn't up for one, and was reapplied later
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-09 16:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Then it's a breath attack that behaves in no way like a breath attack, and for all intents and purposes should be treated like a magic attack

Is there a basis for assuming it's a modified version of Spirits Within other than the animation?

Part of the modification of Arrogance Incarnate is that it's conal AOE, whereas Spirits Within is single target. This means that without -BDT gear, the PLD will take the full brunt of her damage. If another person gets too close to the PLD at the time of the attack, the damage, as you mentioned previously, will be shared in some capacity.

I don't know the formula that's factored in when calculating -BDT and the effects of HQ Shellra V and Scherzo, so I can't throw numbers here at the moment.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-04-09 16:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The fact that its damage can be split at all lends to it not being a breath attack. It would be the only attack of its type to do so

And are you sure it's conal? I could have sworn it was just a short-range AoE
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-09 16:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The fact that its damage can be split at all lends to it not being a breath attack. It would be the only attack of its type to do so

And are you sure it's conal? I could have sworn it was just a short-range AoE

BG says it's "5 feet", so I'm not sure what their description is trying to say, but from my personal experiences, I don't think I've ever seen the AI animation in a circular display. I could be wrong on that, though.

What leads me to think it's conal is, during a recent DM II run, myself (WHM) and another RNG got too close to the PLD tanking EV. Arrogance Incarnate went off and I saw the rainbow animation 3x on all of us. Since it was difficult mode I was one-shot lol.
 Phoenix.Aeronx
Server: Phoenix
user: aeronx
By Phoenix.Aeronx 2014-04-09 16:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I will have to test this out to find out for sure because its really the only thing you have to worry about in this fight and if like you say you can reduce it to ~1k then that is awesome.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-04-09 16:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Spirits within was classified as "spirit damage" like Chi-Blast.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-09 16:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

Spirits within was classified as "spirit damage" like Chi-Blast.

Maybe the terminology is getting misconstrued. Its "class" of attack is considered Breath.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2014-04-09 16:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly don't think 8% makes a difference on VD Arrogance Incarnate. If one were to make a hybrid set stacking BDT, then may be it could make a big difference.
First Page 2 3