Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Another "gimme your sets" post
Another "gimme your sets" post
By kithaofcerb 2014-03-24 20:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairly new returning DRK here, looking to re-gear to the new standard. Here are my current sets, what are the first big improvements I should be making? Apoc is in the works atm, just finished stage one.

DRK TP

ItemSet 321449

DRK WS, belt and gorget are on the way

ItemSet 321450

Guillotine and Entropy both seem to do about the same damage, weirdly. I use the same sets with GS, Resolution is awesome but I can't help but hold a scythe :P
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2014-03-26 14:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

In regards to your comment on Guillotine/Entropy.

Because the new item-level gear is rife with the cardinal statistics of STR/DEX/VIT/AGI/INT/MND/CHR weaponskills that possess a mixture of modifiers I.E. Guillotine STR+MND, Quietus, Insurgency etc. seem to enjoy a very large boost in power.

I'm not sure about Guillotine doing more damage than Entropy but the gap between the two has become smaller. It is easy to get gear with STR/INT or STR/MND. For a very long time finding these stats together was beyond difficult.

It is for this reason (also in addition to the +35% boost from Liberator) that Insurgency seems to be doing so well for me (the compatibility for Light Skill Chains doesn't hurt it either).

Mixed modifier weaponskills definitely deserve additional review.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-03-26 14:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Otomi helm and ejekamal boots are both very nice for tp and ws helm is off achuka and boots off tchakka. Buy a tyrants ring for now till you can get the ring off tojil.
By kithaofcerb 2014-03-26 21:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for the posts. Wildskeeper Reives seem to be few and far between on my server, at least during NA primetime. I have the Death Sickle in my mog house, do you recommend I unlock Insurgency?