Marjami Ravine Delve Setup + Strategy
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-04-03 12:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Luvbunny1 said: »
Does anyone know how to make the KI to enter these three new delves? I am able to make all 3 KI for Delve 1.0 but for some reasons cannot do the new delves. I did got KI from outside NM for Marjami Ravine (only fought one of the tier 1-3, and one of the tier 4-5 for two KI needed to purchase gears - DID NOT fight all tier 1-5). Do you have to have clear from ALL three previous delve?

SE is very vague on their explanation, did not mention other that you need to kill the three Wildskeeper Reive version of the first three NMs. A lot of people are having trouble in making these KI needed for the new delves, not sure if anyone here know the requirements? Many thanks in advance.

You must have the original 3 delve boss clears to have any of the new 3 KI's made.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-05-06 20:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

i'll update this thread soon to include lowman setups that don't include beading. havn't checked on this in a while since most peeps have the hang of marjami now
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [234 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Vinedrius
Server: Asura
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-12-26 17:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

ugh Google isn't helping me. I am looking for advice for pld rng rng thf whm brd setup for Cailimh. Does people just ignore avoidance down aura? Our aegis pld was still taking too much damage with it being always up, but bothering with gravitation (it works, right?) felt to be too much of a hassle. Maybe we should just full attack?
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2014-12-26 17:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The setup I've always used has been PLD RNG RNG COR WHM BRD RDM. And no, we take down the aura with 2x Coronach > I believe an earth MB. It's been a few weeks so I can't remember if it needs to be earth or wind MB.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-12-26 17:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

i don't intentionally take it down and never had any problems with damage taken, whm heals and ignores debuffs on pld, brd does paralyna

not really a difficult fight, if you're consistantly having problems with damage taken maybe your pld needs a more defensive gearset
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-26 17:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vinedrius said: »
ugh Google isn't helping me. I am looking for advice for pld rng rng thf whm brd setup for Cailimh. Does people just ignore avoidance down aura? Our aegis pld was still taking too much damage with it being always up, but bothering with gravitation (it works, right?) felt to be too much of a hassle. Maybe we should just full attack?

#1 Don't take a THF. Make him be a Geo.
Taking down aura is a "must" he has 50% DT with aura up, it just takes longer, not an issue other than Time=Money. bullets wasted etc.

Coro > Coro > earth MB to take it down.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-12-26 17:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Marjami is literally easy mode. Do as the above said and for Harpy, keep scherzo on PLD below 50% and go apeshit, he will never die, as long as he has scherzo. Do not let anyone say otherwise, I farm Marjami 3 times a night a couple times a week and never have problems.

Don't take aura down either, PLD can literally afk on auto follow while RNGs kill it.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-12-26 17:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shouldn't be any issue making gravitation or darkness with your setup but i'd still do what Valli said and swap the THF out for Geo or COR
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-12-26 17:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder said: »
Don't take aura down either
Taking aura down is more beneficial for the RNGs than the PLD. It gains -damage taken while aura is up (don't remember if it's overtime or immediate; haven't played in a couple weeks). It's only a 10 second process and you don't have to change up your WS choice to make it happen.
[+]
 Asura.Vinedrius
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-12-26 18:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for quick replies. I wasn't expecting this right after a 234 days necro bump :p

I wish we had relic guns XD We can do leaden salute wildfire > rudra for dark though (which would probably kill the thf, but it should be some nice spike damage). Is there a minimum required amount of damage from the MB or can we just stone 1 or something to take it down?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-12-26 18:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

rng doesnt get leaden salute unless you plan on changing setup also
 Asura.Vinedrius
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-12-26 18:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
rng doesnt get leaden salute unless you plan on changing setup also

oh derp, mythic ws... I should have said wildfire > rudras. I will ask if they have wildfire ><
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-12-26 18:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a minimum required amount of damage from the MB or can we just stone 1 or something to take it down?
Might be random, but we've yet to have a Stone IV be unable to take down aura. When I used to go PLD I'd MB with Lunge, but it'd only take off aura maybe 75% of the time even though it always did the same amount of damage (about 1000).
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-26 18:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Wildfire is terrible for damage on the bird, we're talking like 200 damage maximums lol...

If you ONLY have non-relic RNGs, and the THF is locked into THF... then, Work with what you have.

Not 100% sure what exactly takes the aura down, it IS stone damage, but the way it's actually removed I'm unsure of, a Titan MB usually does it in one shot. A really high stone nuke 4/5 with a damn good set usually does it in one shot. Multiple stone 2/3 w/o MB take forever, but do work eventually.
By Pantafernando 2014-12-26 18:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Though naakuals and mega boss works diferent, hurkans aura is the easiest to drop with rudrax2 > darkness > swipe/lunge tellus rune. Its 100% i think.

For yumcax, i do consecultives jimpus and it drops eventually.

Kumhau aura i cant drop for ***with ignis rune (though its a messed fight due to terror spam, dispel and para aura). But even with lots of people nuking fire, the aura doesnt drop.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-12-26 19:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Wildfire is terrible for damage on the bird, we're talking like 200 damage maximums lol...

If you ONLY have non-relic RNGs, and the THF is locked into THF... then, Work with what you have.

Not 100% sure what exactly takes the aura down, it IS stone damage, but the way it's actually removed I'm unsure of, a Titan MB usually does it in one shot. A really high stone nuke 4/5 with a damn good set usually does it in one shot. Multiple stone 2/3 w/o MB take forever, but do work eventually.

True while WF does less dmg than Coro on bird, 200 max is a huge exaggeration for RNG or COR, get those homies to check their gear.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-26 20:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Soraishin said: »

True while WF does less dmg than Coro on bird, 200 max is a huge exaggeration for RNG or COR, get those homies to check their gear.

I wear the best possible gear for it, and while the aura is up 234 damage was the maximum I've ever seen. W/o aura it would be ~500 but that's still ***.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-12-26 21:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Wildfire is horrible, and Leaden Salute on my mule with really solid gear choices was doing maybe 2000-2500ish. Last Stand was giving better results.

Also it depends on how you do the fight if you want aura up or down. Yeah take the aura down if you can handle it, but if you want a slower, safer fight (his aoe radius goes up when aura is down, or just he uses newer moves that have a bigger range) then don't touch the aura. Again, fight is literally afk mode with RNGs decoy shotting.
 Asura.Vinedrius
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-12-27 03:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I said wildfire for wildfire > rudra > darkness, not as a main source of damage. There is also one or two option for sword > dagger > darkness available to us, but I see that bringing a thf doesn't really help. It is just trouble to be near him.

I would just ignore the aura but at least one of our rngs is self admittedly weak and we are still practicing. We dropped it to 67% then wiped and only 10 mins were left with T1, 4 and 5 beaded.

I guess we should just shout for someone to nuke. Does it scale up noticeably if you bring 7 people?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-27 03:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

That's... horrible, I'm legitimately sorry for you... what was the problem?

(I tried to tell you about the THF lol... simply do not take melee's to Kamhir/Marjami) it's not worth the effort, until you're well practiced.

Take better advantage of skill chains. Skillchains are *** BROKEN. Darkness, specifically for that zone, light not so much.

Though, wildfire is straight up terrible for that zone, even as a skillchain opener.

1 Anni RNG can solo the entire zone, in 45 minutes (provided you drop the aura on boss).
By Pantafernando 2014-12-27 03:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I said wildfire for wildfire > rudra > darkness, not as a main source of damage. There is also one or two option for sword > dagger > darkness available to us, but I see that bringing a thf doesn't really help. It is just trouble to be near him.

I would just ignore the aura but at least one of our rngs is self admittedly weak and we are still practicing. We dropped it to 67% then wiped and only 10 mins were left with T1, 4 and 5 beaded.

I guess we should just shout for someone to nuke. Does it scale up noticeably if you bring 7 people?

Seeing your setup, you are having problems most likely due to lack of attack as minuet is a weak source of att. Or acc as you cant even cap acc in delve 1 megaboss without madrigal, and that goes to all your run, t1->t5.

I would advise to drop thf and bring cor or geo for frailty+fury/torpor or chaos and hunter/snapshot. Also rng setup performance is dependent of x-hits sets. If need 5+ hits to ws, your dps will go to sad vile. Also you must use well your jas ( barrage, double shot, velocity shot, decoy shot) and choose appropriate subjob like sam if you need stp, or war if you have a 4 hits, so you can use berserk.
 Asura.Vinedrius
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-12-27 05:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah we should definitely change setup and i am afraid we may not yet ready for this. it appears some better gearing up needs to be done.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
Server: Cerberus
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-12-27 05:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You shouldn't need to take down the aura, whilst it does speed your run up if you do. Your pld is too weak if he's taking too much dmg, make sure he's geared up with pdt/mdt. The pld shouldn't have problem tanking this at all with the right gear set (granted your rngs aren't being reckless and pulling hate and suiciding).

You should have more time than that with 3 beads so another problem is damage. As Pantafernando mentioned, replace thf with a geo, cor or even a 3rd rng will help you.

7 people won't scale up noticeably (it'll have 1/6 more hp than it had with 6). I wouldn't take a pure nuker though (geo could be nice with the extra buffs). You should have enough tools to make darkness, pld could /run and swipe/lunge some earth dmg, cor can earth shot etc to give you a few more chances at breaking the aura.
 Asura.Vinedrius
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-12-27 05:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
You shouldn't need to take down the aura, whilst it does speed your run up if you do. Your pld is too weak if he's taking too much dmg, make sure he's geared up with pdt/mdt. The pld shouldn't have problem tanking this at all with the right gear set (granted your rngs aren't being reckless and pulling hate and suiciding).

You should have more time than that with 3 beads so another problem is damage. As Pantafernando mentioned, replace thf with a geo, cor or even a 3rd rng will help you.

7 people won't scale up noticeably (it'll have 1/6 more hp than it had with 6). I wouldn't take a pure nuker though (geo could be nice with the extra buffs). You should have enough tools to make darkness, pld could /run and swipe/lunge some earth dmg, cor can earth shot etc to give you a few more chances at breaking the aura.

oh so it is only hp that scales up? i read somewhere on bgforums that they appeared to be nastier. it was just eyeballing then.
By charlo999 2014-12-27 06:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Done this a few times tanking on run/blu, with 6 man party doing
5+boss.
So the dispel spam can be a pain if it takes fast cast/vallation.
The whole run is very easy but taking down aura is always much easier.
As valli said Coro > coro lunge/nuke is best.
But you'll get times when you can't get relic guns so
Wildfire > wildfire lunge/nuke.
Empyreal arrow/arching arrow > wildfire lunge/nuke will also work.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-27 06:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It's hard to say for certain, it really "feels like" (lol) more than just HP scales with number of peeps... The change certainly isn't drastic if it is more than just hp though.

I cannot seriously believe anyone would even begin to suggest leaving the aura up, madness. Do you like your mobs taking twice as long to kill... what nonsense is this?

I don't know what your PLD wears but if he has an Aegis, how is he dying, with just Aegis and the worst possible 119 he should be fine while afk picking his nose.

Are your RNGs using squirt guns? Are they throwing boomerangs? Pebbles? Trying to even wrap my head around this.
By Pantafernando 2014-12-27 06:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah we should definitely change setup and i am afraid we may not yet ready for this. it appears some better gearing up needs to be done.

Just changing setups without knowing the weak points wont solve your issues, as well just changing gear, even for a better one isnt the only thing to succeed. Need to change the setup to fit the necessary roles, and change gear to meet the minimum requirement.

RMT have been clearing content with most of eminent gear, by using obvious bots, but also covering all necessary roles with limited setups.
By Pantafernando 2014-12-27 07:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I cannot seriously believe anyone would even begin to suggest leaving the aura up, madness. Do you like your mobs taking twice as long to kill... what nonsense is this?

Yeah, i agree with this.

It isnt because people can clear content with 3 people, geo/brd stunning, with no stun at all, leaving aura, etc, that means thats a correct strategy. In fact, most of those are just possible due to content not being exactly hard or that players are capped in gear. If a real dificult happens those kinda of strategies will reveal its flaws, that normally dont appear if you can clear the content in 15 mins, kill boss in 2 mins, etc.

But for average people, the reality can be bitter, so giving half assed strategies will be worse for people reading.

And most high end strategies relies in 2 important components:
1. Gear;
2. Experience.
That normally people asking help dont have both, and the one giving advices "just" forget to mention this.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-12-27 07:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You shouldn't need to bead anything...

T1: Have a WHM or someone cast stone 2. If GEO is there, stone 3 spam, this thing melts.
T2: Murder it
T3: Murder it
T4: Below 50% I believe, have RNGs stand at 20' away to avoid sleep. Murder it
T5: Scherzo PLD below 50%, murder it. She melts quickly.
Boss: Don't drop aura, PLD in Aegis or full MDT/damage set. With a WHM they can NOT die, unless your WHM suddenly forgets what cure does.

It sounds to me like your RNGs just need to up their performance, but 10 minutes left at 67% and you beaded 3... If you spend a lot of time running around not knowing where to go either, that can sap time, just it really sounds like damage is your issue. My group, with 8-12, sometimes 14ish (mules, free plasm) using 4-5 rngs and 2 CORs can clear the area in 30-35 minutes 1-5+boss. Not the fastest but when you have like 5-6 mules standing in a corner, HP is higher.

Dropping aura is seeming to cause you to take damage and I'm sure your RNGs and such are being hit by its attacks then, making your healers cure them while the PLD isn't. There should be no way your PLD is dying on that thing with a WHM even paying 1/2 attention.

Common knowledge also but make sure the WHM is keeping Dia 2 on everything, and GEO defense down. My set up for you would be PLD, WHM, BRD, RNG RNG RNG, maybe add a COR and GEO in, so pt 1 is PLD WHM, then RNG RNG RNG COR GEO and BRD swaps in and out. I can't see you dying this way. COR does snapshot roll and chaos, brd does prelude/minuet depending on accuracy, geo does defense down, and attack up for rngs. Have someone do Flurry if able. The HP scale isn't THAT bad for adding 2 more utility jobs.

Again, I only suggest leaving aura on if you can't handle him when it's down. Obviously if you can, take the aura off, but for the safest method, unless pressed for time, leave it on. I'm assuming you wiped only because you had it off, otherwise your WHM really needs to improve, or your PLD was naked, something.
By Pantafernando 2014-12-27 08:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Also important thing to noticed, if you want to look gears, first thing is to look to buff job gear. A weak buff will propagate to others players, so instead having 1 player bad geared (brd for example), you gonna have more (both rng, pld, etc).

Imo, thats one of the main problems back with delve 18 man and people took months to clear it, together with stuns. Bad brd without instruments to cap haste, or incapable to keep everyone buffed, the first thing you will notice is your dmg failing.

Its the basic of basics in this game: check what are the buffs your party need (maybe less minuets, more preludes, march, ballad, scherzo for pld, ballad march for whm, remember whm to have affictus solace up and cureskin your pld, make sure your pld has phalanx, protect, shell, use sentinel, reprisal). Rng can benefit from flurry if you brd can come /rdm or if you have a rdm in party.