Ye Olde Cerberus - Remember Them?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Cerberus » Ye Olde Cerberus - Remember Them?
Ye Olde Cerberus - Remember Them?
First Page 2 3
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-12 10:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

So I was feeling a little nostalgic today and began thinking back to the Cerberus of yester-year that I remember - and these folks came to mind. Do you remember any of them?

Jimm, Joboo, Elien, Demetrios, Godson, Spyre, Hamtoe, Defusion, Tofu, Hitokirin, Brook, Jarek, Mattatack, Clodusalldain,
Obiwanfoshobi, Dayspring, Spiritwulf, Mariusx, Zaide, Staven, Halox, Kristinalucky, Sonfreil, Belmoth, Mrtictac, Eggochiggo,
Belmont, Transam, Fire, Diavolo, Kyrin, Ayareil, Khylee, Samaliel, Ulmo (For breaking my Dalmatica synth, twice), Littlebear, Morgvenom, Soraan, Nary, Sylvana, Rozamia, Flutist, Shine, Smapfriendly, Ladiossopp, Balder, Hervarar, Monkussa, Daenerys, Maranella, Friction, Gogogo, Sydon, Igneous, Banigaru, Wraistlin, Paradigm, Xrave, Fowler, Bluenu/Amemetplz, Wayseeker, Jeryhn, Namocsid, Heero, Primal, Shibby, Taleeka, Mystik, Lydya, Kix, Redthorn, Aznmoogle (Who passed away, and always remembered), Euangelos, Shadowkiller, Alorah, Warf, Annis, Decimus, Cymoril, Feifaye, Geepers, Grem, Hooni, Hongildong, Hibiu, Isominds, Kallister, Kayleigh, Kiriyia, Knathraak, Koyumi, Filim, Kurosawa, Kyure, Laverna, Lorowen, Mugiwara, Nanaako, Pochicyan, Popologo, Pusspuss, Rubedo, Richardb, Meili, Sabutou, Atomei, Cejn, Sakurachan, Stalion, Summer, Tamika, Tatetrick, Tatsu, Tribal, Tzarial, Uta, Arto, Lethyl, Akiva, Zubis, Decimafortuna, Akou, Konmine, Illthis, Genmo, Kroner, Lorily, Chupunpupun, Darncat, Marleen, Beanie, Lelan, Kaiden, Horos, Branwen, Altruist, Erodes, Owegeowee, Jonathan, Hemlet, Yamaex, Faustus, Somaeclipse, Angellma, Rihi, Federante, Madrush, Mastequila, Nirvana, Deatharcher, Chronox, Lildre, Outcast, Raspyoftow, Andreas, Takedown, Norifyne, Soric, Eleyne, Sukiteki, Xxenox, Vyce, Penance, Yoji, Ninevolt, Elzerinia, Legendz, Ivetolilla, Grandmaster, Tobiath, Jeuth, Keisuke, Leovoxen, Jhawk, Lothar, Xenophon, Sorakichi, Chiaki, Kishin, Kurtzweil, Nikutaibi, Emirionn, Cora, Nmc, Magicpie, Ija, Federante, Finesse, Marlboroman, Kaeda, Amella, Honeklah, Bruiser, Itachii, Delfin, Hellogiraffe, Sotaka, Confucion, Ruthie, Sambalamba, Evoss, Evita, Onz, Landis, Liiphen, Pance, Winterfeldt, Sivan, Larrypal, Crucio, Venedrir, Apexx, Lunalesca, Trowa, Martigan, Rogziel, Reisuke, Messenjari, Oravis, Hoshimoshi, Madhermit,
Inque.

I retrieved this list from a very old thread and undoubtedly there are folks missing that should be here. Unless you were around on Cerberus server when the game released, you will probably not know most of these people.

Feel free to post the names of old-school players who I overlooked.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Valmur
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2014-03-12 10:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odogg Censorship Snowman Neckbreaker Eburo (ninja'd B.Haidate back in the sky era) Albraraut who passed away err.. can't remember anymore

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Valmur
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2014-03-12 10:29:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes Jos
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-12 10:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Valmur said: »
Odogg Censorship Snowman Neckbreaker Eburo (ninja'd B.Haidate back in the sky era) Albraraut who passed away err.. can't remember anymore

I thought Odogg was on the list :o And yeah, just yesterday I was mentioning in LS about all the drama that surrounded Byakko Haidate back in the day. Entire Linkshells in chaos and busted friendships were the end result of those pants lol.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-03-12 10:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember A LOT of those people, but i don't remember Avalon lol. It seems like we might've played in the same era at some point :O Where you playing some other char?!
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-03-12 10:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
Cerberus.Valmur said: »

I thought Odogg was on the list :o And yeah, just yesterday I was mentioning in LS about all the drama that surrounded Byakko Haidate back in the day. Entire Linkshells in chaos and busted friendships were the end result of those pants lol.
Yep and a couple weeks back I got a Byakko pop from Mog Garden and gave a pair to my whm mule.

Back on Hades we had a bit of drama over a Shadow Mantle.

As for the list, recongnised a few names but I guess that's from being a Hades player that I won't recoginise the long-gone Cerbs. Read it in the tune of the pokérap to make it a bit easier!
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-12 10:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
I remember A LOT of those people, but i don't remember Avalon lol. It seems like we might've played in the same era at some point :O Where you playing some other char?!

We did play together! ;) And yes, I did have a Mithra back then. :o You were Spiraofcerberus right?

EDIT: Nvm! I think I'm confusing you with someone else.
By Spiraboo 2014-03-12 11:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

We did play together! ;) And yes, I did have a Mithra back then. :o You were Spiraofcerberus right?

Actualyl i am, that's the name i used in KI forum at least. The char name is actually Spira. lol
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-12 11:25:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Spiraboo said: »

Actualyl i am, that's the name i used in KI forum at least. The char name is actually Spira. lol

Oh wow! What linkshell(s) were you in, Spira?
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-03-12 11:31:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Went through a few. Notable ones i can vaguely remmeber:

KoN/Dynasty/whatever-name-they-used
Lydya's dynamis LS
Lydya/fire/inque's insurrectionLS
Sairyu's MysticKnight (As most people were at some point in their game lol)
HeartOfEpicure

Out of the entire list you had there the only person i still keep in touch with is Fire. LOL Though I still talk to Lipeza too but he failed to make it on the list :P
 Cerberus.Reiden
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2014-03-12 11:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't make hus list :(
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-12 11:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Went through a few. Notable ones i can vaguely remmeber:

KoN/Dynasty/whatever-name-they-used
Lydya's dynamis LS
Lydya/fire/inque's insurrectionLS
Sairyu's MysticKnight (As most people were at some point in their game lol)
HeartOfEpicure

Out of the entire list you had there the only person i still keep in touch with is Fire. LOL Though I still talk to Lipeza too but he failed to make it on the list :P
Cerberus.Reiden said: »
I didn't make hus list :(

Yeah there's definitely a lot of folks who still play that should be on the list for sure. And yeah Reiden, my bad for not double-checking the list for you.

Spira that's just nuts. I too was in Mystic Knights (Sairyu and Sydon's LS) and then later on got invited to Knight of Ni as a RNG. And of course KoN eventually changed to Dynasty and then Progeny.
By Spiraboo 2014-03-12 12:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

haha but everyone was in MK at some point in their lifetime i think. lolol

I joined KoN just before Demetrios quit (v1 or v2, the one who owns the account just before Friction), and left the shell with the leader after Spyre (can't remember who was the leader after Spyre, but i remember not liking that leader LOL). Not sure if it overlaps your time since i really can't remember with all those name changes @_@.
 Cerberus.Vedder
user: Vedder
By Cerberus.Vedder 2014-03-12 14:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

These types of threads are always interesting for the nostalgia. I started on Cerberus in 2004 and recognize a lot of the names from forums or seeing them around in-game, but didn't know most of those folks... probably cause I never camped HNMs. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if all those folks still played, haha.
 Cerberus.Kodaijin
user: Kodaijin
By Cerberus.Kodaijin 2014-03-12 14:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I still have a lot of those names on my friend list even though they dont play... so long ago...

Avalon... what was your original name?

I was in mystic knights, Eieiki, KoN(and various other names they went by), TT, Cato's LS (i think it was kingbehemothhnmls but idk)

Curious what your old name was since i dont remember your current one.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-12 14:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Chubs, look what I found. :D

Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-12 14:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kodaijin said: »
I still have a lot of those names on my friend list even though they dont play... so long ago...

Avalon... what was your original name?

I was in mystic knights, Eieiki, KoN(and various other names they went by), TT, Cato's LS (i think it was kingbehemothhnmls but idk)

Curious what your old name was since i dont remember your current one.

My original mithra was "Fayte".
 Cerberus.Kodaijin
By Cerberus.Kodaijin 2014-03-12 14:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh you mean this fayte?

and

Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-12 14:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh you mean this fayte?

and

Omg... I've never seen those screenshots before. That's so cool you still have them lol. Nice, Koda. Look at those Dalmatica's!
 Cerberus.Kodaijin
By Cerberus.Kodaijin 2014-03-12 14:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

i have way too many pictures that I never posted.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-12 14:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

i have way too many pictures that I never posted.

I wish I would have taken the time to collect screenshots back then. It's really cool you have those to preserve all those memories.
 Cerberus.Kodaijin
By Cerberus.Kodaijin 2014-03-12 14:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

another one...
By Spiraboo 2014-03-12 14:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

wow LOLOL. Me in the strawberry condom hat, yuck. And that looks like the MK pearl lol

Actually I remember Fayte. lol I don't think we ever talked but i remember seeing you around haha.
 Cerberus.Kodaijin
By Cerberus.Kodaijin 2014-03-12 14:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Old school Dragons Aery camping "fun".

[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-12 14:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

another one...

Despite having a pretty good memory, seeing these pics brings back memories of those events I had forgotten about. This is a trip down memory lane for sure.

Spiraboo said: »

wow LOLOL. Me in the strawberry condom hat, yuck. And that looks like the MK pearl lol

Actually I remember Fayte. lol I don't think we ever talked but i remember seeing you around haha.

Haha, nice Spira. I don't even remember what color the MK pearl was lol. How about those low-res screenshot graphics lol.
By Weedeater 2014-03-12 15:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgot me! And all these names just brought back many memories lol
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-12 15:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Weedeater said: »
Forgot me! And all these names just brought back many memories lol

I sure did! Sorry, Weed! :o Good to see you.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-12 15:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

This is going way way back, but these were the original founders of Whirling Wind HNMLS. If memory serves, Littlebear started the HMNLS then Odog co-led and eventually took over. I may need Reiden to chime in to clarify my accuracy here.

First Page 2 3