No BST Sticky?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » No BST sticky?
No BST sticky?
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Zombiesamurai 2014-03-02 02:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Why hasn't someone made a BST sticky with gear sets etc?

/cheers!
 Quetzalcoatl.Jamiemadrox
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Jamiemadrox 2014-03-02 02:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You could always make one.
 Leviathan.Gempig
Server: Leviathan
user: gempig1
By Leviathan.Gempig 2014-03-02 03:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I could make one but it won't be as good as your other beast masters.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-03-02 04:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Gempig said: »
I could make one but it won't be as good as your other beast masters.

Then they will chime in on how to make you better. Guides always start out small then get bigger and more in-depth because of the involvement of others.
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-03-03 11:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm down to lend a hand. Other than gear sets for WS stuff, we need a new solo leveling guide, much like Durginn's old "Anthologies" page on Allakhazam.

I'm so tired of seeing all these Abyssea leveled BST who don't even know how to use Charm, or think Charm is a 2hr ability. Yes, I had a BST ask me that before.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-03-31 13:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
I'm down to lend a hand. Other than gear sets for WS stuff, we need a new solo leveling guide, much like Durginn's old "Anthologies" page on Allakhazam.

I'm so tired of seeing all these Abyssea leveled BST who don't even know how to use Charm, or think Charm is a 2hr ability. Yes, I had a BST ask me that before.

lol.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [60 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Phunkism
Server: Odin
user: phunky
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-05-30 16:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been a bit burnt out of grinding out merits for the high tier battlefields lately. I might start work on the beastmaster guide soon. I'll probably follow the template of other jobs guides on this forum with gearsets, merit selection, weapon selection and also add in a jug pet section. Is there anything you guys would like to see in this guide?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2014-05-30 16:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Been waiting a while to see either you or Attaxia make one of these! :D

Brixy's GEO guide is amazing if you're looking at formatting from other AH guides.

Really looking forward to reading it when you're finished - good luck, man.
 Asura.Velderin
Server: Asura
user: JunkyFX
By Asura.Velderin 2014-06-03 10:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Call it Beast Master: Eye of the Tiger :)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2014-06-03 14:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Just go here and add 15 levels to the base level cap (unless that exceeds the 119 Axe cap). That's definitely the easy part. :)

TurbidToloi/LuckyLulush/DipperYuly/FlowerpotMerle/DapperMac/
DiscreetLouise/FatsoFargann/FaithfulFalcorr/BugeyedBroncha/
BloodclawShasra/GorefangHobs/GooeyGerard/CrudeRaphie = level 114

DroopyDortwin = level 118

SunburstMalfik/ScissorlegXerin/AttentiveIbuki/HeraldHenry/
CaringKiyomaro/BraveHeroGlenn/SharpwitHermes = level 119

If you want to discuss the best options for BST, it boils down to AttentiveIbuki/HeraldHenry for tanking the majority of foes, or using one of the other level 118/119 pets for dealing damage (like DroopyDortwin for Unleash Foot Kick/Whirl Claws or taking advantage of CaringKiyomaro's +25% Haste/-25% enemy defense TP moves). There's a list of stats here for the level 119 options.

For Very Easy/Easy Battlefield modes and older content there are a ton of "sufficient" pets that you can use based on AH availability or the size of your pocketbook. In these cases, the pets listed above will still be the best, but you can continue to have success with level 114 pets like DipperYuly, GorefangHobs, etc etc. Level 114 pet stat comparison can be found here.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-06 05:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

To add on to the above post:

Attentive Ibuki - Absolute best all around pet available at the moment. Extremely sturdy, only a few monster-used physical attacks in the game do not count as Slashing damage (this includes things that seem obvious, like ranged attacks), meaning that Ibuki has a natural 50% extra resistance to almost every type of physical damage above any other pet. In addition to being extremely survivable, he comes with some remarkable Ready moves. Molting Plumage is consistent, decent magical damage and Swooping Frenzy is less powerful, less consistent physical damage with an additional 25% DEF down and -25 MDB attached. I use this to solo Easy and Normal AA fights. Only downside to this guy is the cost, but you save a lot by making the jugs yourself if you can.

Caring Kiyomaro - Very cheap, and very effective all-around pet. Doesn't have any special damage resistances besides a pretty high resistance to ice damage (25%), but his basic melee attacks and Ready moves are pretty potent, and he has a natural chance to Counter (he's effectively a Footwork MNK) and nicely sized HP pool. Sweeping Gouge deals pretty decent physical damage in addition to lowering the target's DEF by 25% (was pretty surprised to find this when I first tested it). Zealous Snort is neat too, giving him a nice boost to defensive stats (and, less importantly, haste). Very nice pet to use for most situations where you don't need AoE damage or a very sturdy tank.

Lucky Lulush - Looking passed his lower level cap, Lulush is probably my most favorite pet. He's extremely cheap and has a great Ready move pool. Wild Carrot helps reduce the cost of pet food and is useful as an emergency heal if you get into a bind, Foot Kick is a very strong attack, matching most other Ready moves in fTP (1 -> 2 -> 3) but forcing a critical hit in addition to getting a natural 6% critical hit damage bonus. The usefulness of Foot Kick is particularly apparent with Aymur, but since that's so uncommon it's just a bonus. Whirl Claws is what sets Lulush apart from other pets the most: a very consistent source of AoE physical damage. With Unleash, you can solo things like Einherjar TIII wings using this little guy.

Droopy Dortwin - Until he's cheaper he isn't very useful, but he'll basically be a stronger Lucky Lulush once they make the mushrooms drop from funguars.

Faithful Falcor - Useful until you get a Chaac Belt. Comes with a nice set of Ready moves in addition to natively high Evasion and a TH1 trait. Best used in Dynamis for the TH, but Choke Breath also serves as a means of dealing non-elemental, physical and magical resistance bypassing damage (as well as a low cost, low risk extra JA proc for dynamis). Back Heel is effectively Foot Kick without the autocrit or additional crit damage attached.

The rest really aren't very good. Gorefang Hobs can be the best DD pet we have in certain conditions since he gets a pretty big attack bonus, but it isn't often that you're using a pet solely for single target damage output. Malfik, Xerin, Henry, and Hermes are all pretty weak in general and are hard to argue a case for.
[+]
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2014-06-14 15:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Velderin said: »
Call it Beast Master: Eye of the Tiger :)

the noses knows
 Asura.Razorbeast
Server: Asura
user: barkley1
By Asura.Razorbeast 2014-06-14 15:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Need another Facorr esque pet XD, he was da man; best pet ever^^

Outside of Ibuki, the rest are pretty meh.

Ibuki's slashing resistance saves her, otherwise, Dortwin would be in high rotation after Monday's update (Better dd capabilities).
 Siren.Attaxia
Server: Siren
user: Attaxia
By Siren.Attaxia 2014-06-18 02:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I use this to solo Easy and Normal AA fights.
Which Normal AAs have you soloed?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-18 02:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Galka and Hume are the only reasonable ones and the only ones I've killed on normal by myself (with the Galka being difficult unless you have bleeding edge gear), Elvaan may be possible but you'd need to get lucky on her TP usage. Mithra has too much evasion to do without a BRD or COR and taru's spikes are too strong. Hume's the easiest of the AAs to solo though, and the easiest to bring down on normal.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-06-26 08:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi - Just started playing BST last night, and I think I want to do more than just mess around with the OAT axes. I have a lot to learn about the job and gear, because, for the past 12 or so years of ffxi, I've never even touched BST extensively.

Where can I go to see the best Call Beast/Charm/Reward/Pet DT-acc-haste-regen/etc gear sets?

Also a question on Call-Beast: If the 109 relic hands have an augment for Call Beast or something, is there any use to merit this ability?

And finally - What do I merit on BST? I have an idea of what to merit, but want to make sure im not double-dipping, or missing out on something with the addition of some relic/artifact gear that might effectively do the same thing.

Thanks. Also, try to avoid using BST abbreviations, since some terms I may not be familiar with yet.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2014-06-26 08:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Heyo.

Charm:
ItemSet 311276

Pet Haste/Accuracy:
ItemSet 264979

Pet PDT/Evasion/Regen:
ItemSet 320353

Reward:
ItemSet 308312

"Best" Call Beast set just involves Ankusa Gloves/+1, so that's an easy one. You could use Armada/Adaman Sollerets with the Call Beast Time -10 synergy augment, but it's not a major improvement.

There are a bunch of other gearsets you can check out in this thread over here.

Opinions can vary a lot regarding what constitutes the best merit setup - it'll depend on the sort of content you use your BST for. You'll want to get at least SOME Beast Affinity merits because of AttentiveIbuki (naturally caps at level 109, so with Ankusa Gloves it needs 4 BA merits to be brought up to level 119). Feral Howl is still a good claim tool/Dynamis proc at level 1. Reward merits are handy if you're riding the Reward timer on harder fights, and Beast Healer merits are a great augment to the already-sizable Pet Food Theta regen effect.

Cheers.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zangada
Server: Bahamut
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2014-06-26 08:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Are beast bazubands obsolete?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2014-06-26 09:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

They are, yes. Usurped by Ankusa Gloves/+1.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-06-26 11:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for that Falkirk. I figure with the changes to 115 weapons being OAT (glad I saved both), all of the dynamis gear and REM papers I;ve saved, and the Login Campaign having I-Seal Kupons buyable (making doing empyrean sets much quicker), now is a good time to start gearing BST for funs. If for nothing else, fodder events. I have to think too much on BLU sometimes, lol, so BST is a nice change.

And I saw the post about pet jobs getting an increase soon, too. So that's exciting. Currently 109'ing Ankusa gear.
[+]