Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » SKCNM Hard
SKCNM Hard
 Asura.Xceptre
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: sceptre
By Asura.Xceptre 2014-02-20 06:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanted to no if any bsts have tried this or completed it with a 6 man party.

If so which bcnm was it and any ideas on pet/subs etc im needing hard win soon to upgrade relic because i do not have the NM from delve,
So was not sure on which path to take so any info would be nice thanks.
 Sylph.Peldin
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2014-02-20 08:37:25
Link | Quote | Reply

In my experience, all the BCNM's are really easy on Difficult and lower. My group always consists of PLD, WHM, BRD (2-boxed), DD x 2. 6th person doesn't matter. Can be a third DD or a 2nd bard or you can just go with 5.

- PLD rounds up everything, DD's pick off one at a time starting with BLM if there is one.
- Accuracy starts to be an issue on Difficult. With Verethragna 119, my monk needs sushi + accuracy gear if I'm not getting any accuracy buffs. Sushi + full DD gear if I'm getting double Madrigals. On BST, using Kerehcatl, either you or your pet are going to have accuracy probs. Although, I didn't have Totemic gear last time I did it on BST, so maybe I'll have to try it again. No Drachen Roll either way so my pet is going to have probs regardless.
- Make sure your DD equip full PDT gear when attacking RNG mob.
- You want your PLD to target MNK mob and try to get it to use 100 fists before your DD get on it. If no MNK mob, try to get PLD mob to use Invincible or THF to use Perfect Dodge.
- If you have a SMN mob, always do it last and have Scherzo up before engaging it.
- If you are doing the one with a BST, make sure to do him last and either block charm with Fealty/Asylum, or be ready to sleep the charmed person.
- WHM mob will use Benediction so either target it first or last so it doesn't heal other mobs for much.

I've done all the SKCNMs multiple times (enough to get chapters for 109 AF and 109 Relic for 6 different jobs). In Den of Rancor, I prefer fighting Sahagins over Tonberries. In Fei'Yin I prefer Gigas over Fomor. For Chapter 5's, I think we always did Orcs because Hurlbat sells for a lot. But they probably aren't the easiest.

That's pretty much all I can think of right now.
[+]
 Asura.Xceptre
By Asura.Xceptre 2014-02-20 10:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

ok thanks for the info,

Has anyone tried this with 6 bsts?
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-02-20 12:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think so Xceptre. I'm down to try soon though, but not until I get a 119 Axe.
 Asura.Xceptre
By Asura.Xceptre 2014-02-20 19:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

ok lemme no the outcome if you do please and good luck,
 Asura.Xceptre
By Asura.Xceptre 2014-02-23 18:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Just cleared normal mode on anticans tonight with another BST friend of mine,

Was a pretty easy fight ,just pop fam and used unleash spam at start worked on blm first using dnc sub for stuns on ga spells,
Then went on ranger then on PLD and stun heal,
Fight took around 15-20 mins.

This will for sure be easy with 6 on hard mode =)
 Asura.Aikchan
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2014-02-23 18:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xceptre said: »

Was a pretty easy fight ,just pop fam and used unleash spam at start worked on blm first using dnc sub for stuns on ga spells,

easy? not true.. I duo any in normal w/ a whm, go in and supertank all the mobs as mnk killing them 1 by 1

Difficult Mobs EVA will give problem besides they hit harder don't think can kill any mob before they kill your pet even using lots of mulsum
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2014-02-23 19:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

ok thanks for the info,

Has anyone tried this with 6 bsts?
come on 6 bst is just put pet and have 2 guys /whm just to be safe but put 1 pet on each monster and keep the pet alive there you go,you got the win.
 Asura.Xceptre
By Asura.Xceptre 2014-02-23 19:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aikchan said: »

easy? not true.. I duo any in normal w/ a whm, go in and supertank all the mobs as mnk killing them 1 by 1

Difficult Mobs EVA will give problem besides they hit harder don't think can kill any mob before they kill your pet even using lots of mulsum

im not sure on Hard but i was going off the difficulty ladders between VE to normal,
If normal is anything to go off with 2 bst like i said then i might be wrong but it should not be to difficult,
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-02-23 19:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The jump from normal to difficult is pretty huge.

I can 3 man majority of the normal bcs in under 4-5minutes, but upping the difficulty to hard usually takes 25 min or more.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-02-23 19:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aikchan said: »

im not sure on Hard but i was going off the difficulty ladders between VE to normal,
If normal is anything to go off with 2 bst like i said then i might be wrong but it should not be to difficult,

Normal is like 20 levels lower content content to Difficult.

Evasion starts to climb considerably, and their defence. I would say 5 BSTS 1 COR for rolls for accuracy etc should make it doable, but those mobs are gunna hit hard still.