Beastmaster vs. Ark Angels II
First Page 2 ... 10 11 12
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-02-14 10:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been somewhat obsessed with the idea of soloing/low-manning Ark Angels using my Beastmaster, but I wanted to ask if anyone has attempted to do this yet either solo or in a small group? If so, what was your experience like?

I duo'd Elvaan on VE with a SMN friend just to get an idea what the experience would be like. We won, but our overall completion time wasn't the best given the difficulty.

Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated.
 Leviathan.Onix
Server: Leviathan
user: ravivb
By Leviathan.Onix 2014-02-14 11:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Beating the Elvaan is not such an easy task, even on VE. Which pet did you use? I'm interested in doing the same, gearing up my bst for that, but I still need to learn about pets and foods.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-02-14 11:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Onix said: »
Beating the Elvaan is not such an easy task, even on VE. Which pet did you use? I'm interested in doing the same, gearing up my bst for that, but I still need to learn about pets and foods.

I used Attentive Ibuki for the Elvaan BC. Ibuki's TP moves are pretty good: Swooping Frenzy weakens defense and magic defense, and Molting Plumage causes dispel. To be perfectly honest, I wasn't paying attention to whether or not Molting was actually removing the Elvaan's buffs or not so I'll have to do another run and pay close attention to that.

Since you mention gearing up, I can tell you what my current set-up is for enhancing my pets.

Kerehcatl
Hunahpu
Anwig Salade
Totemic Helm
Totemic Jackcoat
Monster Gloves+2 (with Augment)
Totemic Gloves
Totemic Trousers+1
Totemic Gaiters+1
Hurch'lan Sash
Ferine Necklace
Ferine Mantle
Theta Biscuits
Dawn Mulsum
[+]
 Leviathan.Onix
Server: Leviathan
user: ravivb
By Leviathan.Onix 2014-02-14 12:52:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks!
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-02-14 12:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Please let me know how you do!

My guys are planning on doing AA EV tonight as either BSTx6 or PLD WHM BSTx4. We'll probably start off doing it on Very Easy to test the waters, then up the ante to Easy and then Normal if things continue to go well.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-02-14 13:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
Please let me know how you do!

My guys are planning on doing AA EV tonight as either BSTx6 or PLD WHM BSTx4. We'll probably start off doing it on Very Easy to test the waters, then up the ante to Easy and then Normal if things continue to go well.

I'm going to hop over to Shiva server just to do that run with you guys, then I'll come back to Cerberus. :D But yeah, likewise, please post how you guys fare on the difficulties. One annoying element with that fight is the constant shield bashing. I lost count how many pet TP's were stunned due to that.

Do you know what pet(s) you're going to use yet? And are you planning on giving Mithra a shot?
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-02-14 13:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The eventual plan is to give all AA a go. I chose EV first because of the fact Arrogance Incarnate functions much like 1000 Needles. The more "bodies" within range, the less dmg the move does.

We'll probably be using Tulfaire and Raaz pets. Dispel & Defense Down TP moves. Maybe I'll have one of the BSTs use GooeyGerard as well.
 Shiva.Hiep
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2014-02-14 13:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

VE Mithra is definitely soloable. I've gotten it to 2% on my first attempt before I got any 109 reforged gear.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-02-14 13:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »
VE Mithra is definitely soloable. I've gotten it to 2% on my first attempt before I got any 109 reforged gear.

That's awesome. Which pet(s) did you use? And did you just time out?
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2014-02-14 13:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I was using chapulli at the time. I lost because I couldn't reform hate back on when once it died to cloudsplitter darkness sc spam. I only had 2 dawn mulsums and went /dnc for lethagic dazes. Someone posted in other forum that they went /nin for havoc spiral/time to resummon pet. I could have won, it's just that I didn't do much reading about the fight ): so I was not fully ready. I recommend building an ACC build though because I was at the 26 min mark or so because of I had to spam lethargic daze. I didn't have a acc build when I attempted this.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-02-14 13:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I was using chapulli at the time. I lost because I couldn't reform hate back on when once it died to cloudsplitter darkness sc spam. I only had 2 dawn mulsums and went /dnc for lethagic dazes. Someone posted in other forum that they went /nin for havoc spiral/time to resummon pet. I could have won, it's just that I didn't do much reading about the fight ): so I was not fully ready. I recommend building an ACC build though because I was at the 26 min mark or so because of I had to spam lethargic daze. I didn't have a acc build when I attempted this.

Thanks for the info. I was about to ask what you subbed, but you cover that. And from your explanation, it seems you didn't bother using reward? Just re-summoning when the pets died?

It seems that keeping the initial hate on the pet may require keeping the original alive throughout the duration of the BC, but I'm not 100% on that. I do know for our Elvaan BC with Attentive, I used a single bird and just kept it healthy with theta's and dawn's.

Did you notice the /DNC abilities making a noticeable difference?
By kenshynofshiva 2014-02-14 13:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

One of the things I wonder about is the Pet accuracy on the fights anyone parse em??? Bst can put together some nice gear for crazy ruinator/snarl spam just curious if pets can hit the AA decently at 119 especially on normal.
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2014-02-14 13:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
Thanks for the info. I was about to ask what you subbed, but you cover that. And from your explanation, it seems you didn't bother using reward? Just re-summoning when the pets died?

It seems that keeping the initial hate on the pet may require keeping the original alive throughout the duration of the BC, but I'm not 100% on that. I do know for our Elvaan BC with Attentive, I used a single bird and just kept it healthy with theta's and dawn's.

Did you notice the /DNC abilities making a noticeable difference?

I was spamming Theta/Zeta throughout the fight depending on HP% when reward timer was up. /DNC made a big difference on ACC when I had lethargic daze on. However, I didn't make a ACC set at the time, so daze may not be needed. I only needed to resummon because pet ate 4 cloudsplitters in a row before reward timer was back. Dawn mulsums would only be needed for cloudsplitter phase afaik. The disadvantage of /DNC is that you have to keep curing yourself after each havoc spiral which is a pain; so /NIN might be a better choice if you can build a solid ACC set.

kenshynofshiva said: »
One of the things I wonder about is the Pet accuracy on the fights anyone parse em??? Bst can put together some nice gear for crazy ruinator/snarl spam just curious if pets can hit the AA decently at 119 especially on normal.

At the time I did the fight, it was before the BST update, so pet acc was complete garbage. I was carrying the run basically by spamming ruinator/snarl.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-02-14 13:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

With my gear I posted above, Ibuki had pretty good accuracy against the Elvaan. But hate is so fickle in that BC that I didn't bother melee'ing. We undoubtedly would have achieved a much better completion time had I done so, though.

I've toyed around with the idea of sleeping myself TP so I don't generate hate just from meleeing, and then using snarl, but I'm not sure how pets behave when their masters are slept.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-02-14 13:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

With my gear I posted above, Ibuki had pretty good accuracy against the Elvaan. But hate is so fickle in that BC that I didn't bother melee'ing. We undoubtedly would have achieved a much better completion time had I done so, though.

I've toyed around with the idea of sleeping myself TP so I don't generate hate just from meleeing, and then using snarl, but I'm not sure how pets behave when their masters are slept.

As long as you sent your pet in first before you slept yourself, your pet will keep on fighting. You just won't be able to use Rewards/Dawn Mulsums or use Ready moves until you wake up.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-02-14 13:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as you sent your pet in first before you slept yourself, your pet will keep on fighting. You just won't be able to use Rewards/Dawn Mulsums or use Ready moves until you wake up.

Yeah, that's definitely a scary point of vulnerability. I don't even remember how long a single sleep potion lasts, but in a situation like an AA BC, it would be an eternity lol.
By kenshynofshiva 2014-02-14 14:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, that's definitely a scary point of vulnerability. I don't even remember how long a single sleep potion lasts, but in a situation like an AA BC, it would be an eternity lol.

Can always sub /sam use meditate run in with thirdeye up ruinator/snarl and haul *** lol....
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-02-14 15:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Can always sub /sam use meditate run in with thirdeye up ruinator/snarl and haul *** lol....

Your idea may have merit! :o
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2014-02-14 15:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The risk of that is getting AoE'd. I don't think TE can block all the AoE JAs the AAs throw at you.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-02-14 15:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The risk of that is getting AoE'd

Yeah, overall I think /NIN is a solid option. The obvious downside when soloing would be relying on medicines for healing. For Mithra, poison potions and remedies are essential in case Havoc Spiral gets through.
By Heimdel 2014-02-14 15:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

could try get ahold a frenzy sallet to wake yourself back up.
By kenshynofshiva 2014-02-14 15:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The risk of that is getting AoE'd. I don't think TE can block Arrogance Incarnate, Amon Drive, or any other AoE moves AA throw at you that are not physical JAs

Yep that's why the haul *** comment lol....
By BrandonHeat 2014-02-14 16:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been soloing VE mithra everychance I get 20meripos. Gotten the fight down to 15mins~ have yet to see gear drop, however I've been getting a good droprate of Bery.ore around 2mil on my server.

Here's how I do it BST/DNC

Prep Work~
I use Bigbird. jug of salubrious broth only 1 is needed, never had to call another
scroll of Instant Protect Incase of congestion
scroll of Instant Shell Incase of congestion
vile elixir / vile elixir +1 Obvious reasons
remedy For Paralyze
Elshimo pachira fruit Atleast 1 stack = 24mins of poison needed for Havoc Spiral
Pet Food Theta biscuit Atleast 1 stack
bottle of dawn mulsum x6 for Paralyze and Cloudsplitter
hedgehog pie can use sushi if you want, I like the str/attk/mnd from Hh.pie
Grab Regen,Refresh,Protect,Shell,Reraise from the FoV book outside.

Entering~
ItemSet 319697
Eat food, Call Big Bird, 1hr FAMILIAR, Proceed to greet Mithra.

Battle~
ItemSet 282612
Inch up to her and let Bigbird attk ONLY.
1hr UNLEASH
Start with a Swooping Frenzy, then Smack her up with Molting Plumage. I get around 2.2k per Plumage though I don't really pay much attention to my DMG as I'm more focused on watching the HP bar of Bigbird. I use Reward when she gets under 50%
ItemSet 317147
After the Onslaught of dmg from unleash, Bigbird should have some decent hate on. Eat a Elshimo pachira fruit

Unleash wears~
ItemSet 316935
I TP in this acc set, and begin to stack on Quickstep reaching lvl.5 then switch to Boxstep.
ItemSet 319699
Switching to this set when lvl.5 quickstep is on
ItemSet 314448
Ruin>Snarl
ItemSet 319698
Make shift CuringWatlz set with what I got on me.

Only thing to really worry about is Paralyze, I try to Healing Waltz it off, otherwise I use a remedy
During this time if my pet is in some sort of danger I dont use Reward. I instead use a Dawn Mulsum in fear of getting para'd

Very important to keep poison on you, getting hit with ZZZ could mean the end. I have been hit with ZZZ and what I do is switch into this set and hope that myself and my pet survives when ZZZ wears off. When it does wear off I run beyond 10yalms, CuringWaltz/vileelixirs, Reward/Muslum, poison myself. Then get back to work.
ItemSet 319700

I activate Run Wild around 20%, Cloudpslitter nothing to worry about just Theta/Mulsum through it. (Cloudsplitter time for me makes the fight easier as Havoc Spiral isnt used so much) I end up using maybe 3Mulsums during the entire fight.

If you think my gear is too uber, its not. A solid Reward set is really what you need. It'll just come down to how fast you can kill it. with these sets it takes me around 15mins., so lesser gear will only impact killspeed.

I now do Easy Mithra 2xboxing with my whm (yes I have won Easy solo) casting haste/paralyna/curing. saving alot on items. Fight takes about 22mins.

Thankyou for reading.
TL;DR~ Unleash -> poison yo'self -> quickstep -> ruin/snarl -> Heal yo'self/yo'pet -> poison yo'self -> Heal yo'self/yo'pet -> WIN!!!
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-02-14 16:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

BrandonHeat said: »
I have been soloing VE mithra everychance I get 20meripos. Gotten the fight down to 15mins~ have yet to see gear drop, however I've been getting a good droprate of Bery.ore around 2mil on my server.

Here's how I do it BST/DNC

Prep Work~
I use Bigbird. jug of salubrious broth only 1 is needed, never had to call another
scroll of Instant Protect Incase of congestion
scroll of Instant Shell Incase of congestion
vile elixir / vile elixir +1 Obvious reasons
remedy For Paralyze
Elshimo pachira fruit Atleast 1 stack = 24mins of poison needed for Havoc Spiral
Pet Food Theta biscuit Atleast 1 stack
bottle of dawn mulsum x6 for Paralyze and Cloudsplitter
hedgehog pie can use sushi if you want, I like the str/attk/mnd from Hh.pie
Grab Regen,Refresh,Protect,Shell,Reraise from the FoV book outside.

Entering~
ItemSet 319697
Eat food, Call Big Bird, 1hr FAMILIAR, Proceed to greet Mithra.

Battle~
ItemSet 282612
Inch up to her and let Bigbird attk ONLY.
1hr UNLEASH
Start with a Swooping Frenzy, then Smack her up with Molting Plumage. I get around 2.2k per Plumage though I don't really pay much attention to my DMG as I'm more focused on watching the HP bar of Bigbird. I use Reward when she gets under 50%
ItemSet 317147
After the Onslaught of dmg from unleash, Bigbird should have some decent hate on. Eat a Elshimo pachira fruit

Unleash wears~
ItemSet 316935
I TP in this acc set, and begin to stack on Quickstep reaching lvl.5 then switch to Boxstep.
ItemSet 319699
Switching to this set when lvl.5 quickstep is on
ItemSet 314448
Ruin>Snarl
ItemSet 319698
Make shift CuringWatlz set with what I got on me.

Only thing to really worry about is Paralyze, I try to Healing Waltz it off, otherwise I use a remedy
During this time if my pet is in some sort of danger I dont use Reward. I instead use a Dawn Mulsum in fear of getting para'd

Very important to keep poison on you, getting hit with ZZZ could mean the end. I have been hit with ZZZ and what I do is switch into this set and hope that myself and my pet survives when ZZZ wears off. When it does wear off I run beyond 10yalms, CuringWaltz/vileelixirs, Reward/Muslum, poison myself. Then get back to work.
ItemSet 319700

I activate Run Wild around 20%, Cloudpslitter nothing to worry about just Theta/Mulsum through it. (Cloudsplitter time for me makes the fight easier as Havoc Spiral isnt used so much) I end up using maybe 3Mulsums during the entire fight.

If you think my gear is too uber, its not. A solid Reward set is really what you need. It'll just come down to how fast you can kill it. with these sets it takes me around 15mins., so lesser gear will only impact killspeed.

I now do Easy Mithra 2xboxing with my whm (yes I have won Easy solo) casting haste/paralyna/curing. saving alot on items. Fight takes about 22mins.

Thankyou for reading.
TL;DR~ Unleash -> poison yo'self -> quickstep -> ruin/snarl -> Heal yo'self/yo'pet -> poison yo'self -> Heal yo'self/yo'pet -> WIN!!!

This was hugely appreciated. Thanks man!

Yes, there are a few pieces of your gear I don't have yet (namely Relic, Anahera Tabar and Regimen Mittens), but my current setup should be fine. Based on your gear set examples per situation, I had completely overlooked some important details, so I'll be making adjustments asap.

This information was definitely what I was looking for, so kudos to you for being so detailed.

A few questions though:

What difficulty did you get Anahera Tabar and Regimen Mittens?
Did you have a lot of issues with the Mithra intimidating Ibuki?
EDIT: With your Reward build, what are you curing your pets for? I'm averaging 2800 per Theta.
 Asura.Harcombe
Server: Asura
By Asura.Harcombe 2014-02-14 16:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
- Difficult in a Pug. got both drops in the same run so that was nice. Still wanting the F.mask from her hence is why I'm spending my time on her. Got off my lazy butt and powered through ZM's for my ALT to get sky access easing the burden.

Quote:
- Yeah itimidation happens alot but not that great of an issue. A few time I've seen the mandy pop so I deal with that thing straight away during unleash phaze. When tiger pops I may reposistion Mithra so tiger doesn't get hit with Molting Plumage. But that's trivial.

as for my Reward set I posted it somewhere on this forum here's the formula and my results being a Elvaan

Theta Formula 1600 + 4*(MND-55)
1600 + 4*(209-55) = 2,216
2,216*1.5 (50% potency cap) = 3,324

EDIT: try to get atleast 3k reward and you'll be golden. reason being with Theta's I want to heal 50% of my pets HP. I think Bigbird has around 6k HP with 119 and familiar.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-02-14 16:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Harcombe said: »
Quote:
- Difficult in a Pug. got both drops in the same run so that was nice. Still wanting the F.mask from her hence is why I'm spending my time on her. Got off my lazy butt and powered through ZM's for my ALT to get sky access easing the burden.

Quote:
- Yeah itimidation happens alot but not that great of an issue. A few time I've seen the mandy pop so I deal with that thing straight away during unleash phaze. When tiger pops I may reposistion Mithra so tiger doesn't get hit with Molting Plumage. But that's trivial.

as for my Reward set I posted it somewhere on this forum here's the formula and my results being a Elvaan

Theta Formula 1600 + 4*(MND-55)
1600 + 4*(209-55) = 2,216
2,216*1.5 (50% potency cap) = 3,324

I saw a screenshot of someone obtaining the Anahera Sword in either E or VE, but I assume the drop rate is horrible. Still though, I'd love to see the Tabar and Mitten drops on VE.

I'm not against doing the harder difficulties in a PUG or whatnot, I just want to see what's possible with Beastmaster now days with end-game gear.

And thanks for the reward formula. It's quite obvious I need to add more Mind to my set. :o
 Asura.Harcombe
By Asura.Harcombe 2014-02-14 17:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I'm not against doing the harder difficulties in a PUG or whatnot, I just want to see what's possible with Beastmaster now days with end-game gear.
- yeah I hear you. I roped in 2 friends to give normal a go with me maintank.

Me: BST/NIN & WHM/BLM
Friend1: RNG/NIN SCH/RDM BRD/WHM
Friend2: COR/WHM

We got it down to 20%.. we lost cos I ran out of Mulsums/Theta's
from what we learned .. yes I can Tank Normal providing I have enough items.

and 2ndly friend1 didnt need to tri-box as no heals were really required my gimpass whm/blm could keep up.

Which gives us options to add more DD, the kind of DD that can shed/transfer hate DRG THF RNG BST.

Well thats enough from me today.. good luck on your adventuring friend ^^
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-02-16 09:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks a ton for all the info. I'm looking forward to doing another Mithra run as soon as I finish a few armor enhancements. I finally got Anahera Tabar last night so that'll go in the pet -pdt macro in case I get caught with Spiral Havoc without poison active.
 Asura.Xceptre
user: sceptre
By Asura.Xceptre 2014-02-28 18:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Decided to give this a go,

First time failed because of me not timing my abilities right and taking my time,

Second try was a win Made it with 8 mins left,

goodluck bsts =)
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-02-28 19:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Well done!
First Page 2 ... 10 11 12