Pet Job Alliance Morimar Delve Attempt (Shiva)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Pet Job Alliance Morimar Delve Attempt (Shiva)
Pet Job Alliance Morimar Delve Attempt (Shiva)
By Zoltar 2014-01-26 21:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm willing to bet if the SMN's had 119 avatars and BST's were ALL 119 you would have had better results.

Good try, hope you try this again with a more solid group
 Bahamut.Zangada
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2014-01-26 22:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty cool seeing ppl attempting to do things differently. It can work but regardless of jobs pug's rarely do.
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2014-01-26 22:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I think 3xCORs would be better for a pet setup with pet attack, regen and regain effect from the rolls. I think companion rolls with11 would give +25 regen to counter the poison effect.

I also think a mix of Bst pets would be better since each would utilize a number of useful attacks.
 Asura.Tot
Server: Asura
By Asura.Tot 2014-01-26 23:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

121 smn x15 cor x3 = impossible because you'll never find 15 mythic smn's but if you did, it would make for a very fun fight lol
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-01-27 01:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, we weren't very picky with our selection of Alliance members. Hell, I don't even have 119 Axe. I have the 115 Axe from Bee WKR as my highest level axe. (I haven't gotten 117 Eminent Axe yet) But of the BSTs that were there, about 4 of them didn't even have augmented Monster Gloves +2, which was a crying shame, IMO.

The Summoners in the alliance at least all had Eminent Satchet (115 Avatars) and did their jobs well. They were doing a lot better than the BSTs and PUPs in the group for sure.

@ Spathaian - Yes, Shiva used to have a thriving Pet Job community. It's been fractured since LoTB broke, but I hope we can get something going again on Shiva given Shiva's past history.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-01-27 01:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Xenhas said: »
Shiva.Siviard said: »
Again, it's all trial & error. We mainly did this for fun. We did not take this very seriously. The fact we took down the Raptor in 8 minutes without really using "top tier" pets proves that it CAN be done. However, for the other NMs the strategy will need to be severely tweaked. First off, how to counter the Poison Aura from the Eft. 2, keeping the Eft silenced. As for the other NMs, I'll probably set up some alliances and practice on the popped versions out in the field and time the kill (or wipe).

A WHM, BRD, and DD can do the same in the same amount of time.
3 people, or even 1 person three boxxing can accomplish what you just did with 18 people in the same time and you are trying to prove what, exactly?

Props to you for trying something different, but it's pretty obvious it doesn't work very well at all.

And props to you for giving us love. And when Delve first started, it was pretty obvious that some of the setups that involved non-pet jobs didn't work. Guess what? People worked on a strategy by trial and error and found something that worked. We can do the same.
 Shiva.Lauaxeta
user: Lauaxeta9
By Shiva.Lauaxeta 2014-01-27 03:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

<Thanke you> Siviard for making this pet run. I like to try new ways instead of repeating what <everyone> already knows. We hadnt the win but the glory of exploring alternatives with good spirit, and we only had to loose our lives. We had <fun> and <excitement> as you promised. ^.-
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-01-27 03:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You're welcome, sir. Hopefully in the future we can be more successful. We'll try again soon.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-01-27 06:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I would suggest next time to bead the eft, adamantoise, and peiste.

When Asura did it's SMN only run about a month ago, we managed to get to Tojil. Mind you, idiots were in the pack and died to AoE because they can't understand the concept of staying away from damaging moves.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2014-01-27 06:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I am excited to try this on Biz. Thanks for the info Mr. King!!
 Ragnarok.Bepe
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Bepe 2014-01-27 07:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the bee zone would be interesting with your standard tank pt, and then two pts of pup x5 cor x1, rng automaton goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
By kenshynofshiva 2014-01-27 08:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If SMN needed refresh maybe bring a GEO. Looks like fun I have 119 axe and all bst gear and merits for 119 pets including tons of jugs. I also have SMN fully decked out with balsam staff. As well as oats pup(capped skills) I love pet jobs in my spare time lol...

Eft is about the 50 tick poison mostly bst will have a hard time with that smn could rotate pets tho on it. The bst would be effective until about 50%. Still would require a holder if it gets to the smn game over...
By Zoltar 2014-01-27 08:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Should have beaded everything since all we really wanna see is a swarm of pets on Tojil
By Heimdel 2014-01-27 08:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

kenshynofshiva said: »
If SMN needed refresh maybe bring a GEO. Looks like fun I have 119 axe and all bst gear and merits for 119 pets including tons of jugs. I also have SMN fully decked out with balsam staff. As well as oats pup(capped skills) I love pet jobs in my spare time lol...

Eft is about the 50 tick poison mostly bst will have a hard time with that smn could rotate pets tho on it. The bst would be effective until about 50%. Still would require a holder if it gets to the smn game over...

Pet Poultice might take care the poison it is a regen food that last 5 mins. There hasn't been any real test unfortunately. some say it is 1% hp tick so that is 50/60 hp on new pets some things say it isn't. Then there is dawn muslums that can be spammed unlike reward. Take a few in there and use on the eft to keep up hp no problem.

People saying the bst were still low dmg. Well on a regular run people won't take under geared jobs in why would you expect under geared bst with lesser pets to do better. Just like any other job if were to take bst you would only take well geared ones and ones useing the right pets. Namely new bird/boar (both have def down moves and good dmg), new mandy with headbut that is good dmg and stun and can lower vit, and maybe a slug or 2 assuming its enfeebs can stick. I've had the slugs hp down effect stick on wildkeeper version of toji. It freaking out everyone in the run when it looked like his hp went back up. If it can work on toji have the bst have tp (the pet meditate hat ideally) and open up with that move.

Mata would be the hard one to handle unless have a bst tank it and when it is time have smn all bp2 it. Thing is if not enough smn you wont kill ti in time. Tanking it with smn would be a prob because on pet recast ti will make a bee line for mata to mellee. Also there is not stay cmd for smn so the smn wouldn't be able keep a distance.

Something to wonder on toji. Would his weak ness move even work on pets since they don't actually have a raised state so could they even have a weakness state? Of couse not mention with 5/6k hp they would still have like 2/3k hp even in that state.
 Shiva.Jirachi
user: jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2014-01-27 08:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
i dont think killing 2 NMs in 45 min is very practical
For something that was thrown together to supply some sort of fun and entertainment i would say 2 NMs is a good start to finding a working strategy.
I'm thinking with more gear effecting avatars and puppets, and to an extent dragons, Maybe a group of SMNs and a Puppet... Maybe PUPx5 WHMx1 SMNx10 CORx2 With well geared SMNs (free avatars + MP being refreshed while Avatar is out) sub RDM, have Reforged SMN AF for bloodpact timers down. We will get this to work.

I would be interested in going next time you run Sivi!
 Asura.Jinne
user: Icewolfx
By Asura.Jinne 2014-01-27 09:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Heimdel said: »
Something to wonder on toji. Would his weak ness move even work on pets since they don't actually have a raised state so could they even have a weakness state? Of couse not mention with 5/6k hp they would still have like 2/3k hp even in that state.

After getting hit a few times on BST by Lithic Breath (sp?) from ARII HQ Boss, you should expect that pet will be also suffer weakness with your only recourse being to burn Reward or a Mulsim once it wears off unless the rare event that you have your CB timer at 0:00.
By tazkwondo 2014-02-13 14:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

How about just beading the Eft out? That may seem more useful.
By kenshynofshiva 2014-02-18 12:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Now that this can be low manned it would be cool to see if bst can take it out still may need a stunner for lahar.
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-02-18 12:43:28
Link | Quote | Reply

kenshynofshiva said: »
Now that this can be low manned it would be cool to see if bst can take it out still may need a stunner for lahar.

I'm definitely going to be doing this soon. I just don't know if I'd be going BST or SCH :o
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-02-18 13:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

We may actually try it tonight in Ceizak Battlegrounds Delve.

I'm thinking 3 BST, 3 SMNs. The Chapuli should be cake. Scorpion should be easy long as the SMNs spam enfeebling magic on it. Same for Tax'et.

The only one that worries me is the Twitherym. There aren't many Axe > Axe weaponskills (to my knowledge anyhow) that can do Light or Darkness skillchains to break through the Twitherym's defense buff. Or does Cloudsplitter x2 do Light?
By kenshynofshiva 2014-02-18 13:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
We may actually try it tonight in Ceizak Battlegrounds Delve.

I'm thinking 3 BST, 3 SMNs. The Chapuli should be cake. Scorpion should be easy long as the SMNs spam enfeebling magic on it. Same for Tax'et.

The only one that worries me is the Twitherym. There aren't many Axe > Axe weaponskills (to my knowledge anyhow) that can do Light or Darkness skillchains to break through the Twitherym's defense buff. Or does Cloudsplitter x2 do Light?

cloudsplitter -> cloudsplitter -> darkness
Cloudsplitter -> Runinator does darkness
cloudsplitter -> runinator -> cloudsplitter should be double darkness
 Carbuncle.Jysthea
Server: Carbuncle
user: Jysthea
By Carbuncle.Jysthea 2014-02-18 13:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Light (Fire, Wind, Lightning, Light) - Level 3

Mistral Axe > Cloudsplitter (E)
Decimation > Cloudsplitter (E)