Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 115 116 117 ... 153 154 155
 Bismarck.Sterk
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-11-25 14:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
The Hasso buff makes Zanshin proc even when you don't miss at a rate of 1/4 of your zanshin rate. With the gear in the set above and master sam, your zanshin rate would be 92% or 23% proc even when you don't miss. A zanshin proc also gets an additional 30 TP base per merit in Ikishoten, for a base per hit on masamune of 123 + 150 = 273 TP/hit. When you account for store TP, that's 616 TP/zanshin proc. If the zanshin DA activates, that's 1232 TP in a single round.

By comparison, the set you have posited only gets 246 TP on a regular hit, and 738 on a TA proc. It just ends up being a determination of what gets you to WS faster and considering no other variables such as survivability or acc the zanhasso set does it better.
I'm well aware of what Zanhasso does. Also, your Zanhasso rate is (probably; I should go back and get more samples to be sure) 35% of what your Zanshin rate is due to gifts; not 1/4. And unless I'm missing something, you should be at 82% Zanshin rate, not 92% assuming max Zanshin merits. 50% base, 10% gifts, 5% merits, 12% body, 5% feet. That would put your OAT Zanhasso rate at about 3.157%, not counting the reduction from taking into account that your DA/TA/QA checks need to fail for Zanshin to have a chance at activating (but also not counting the ~5% of the time your Zanshin has an 82% chance at proccing due to hit rate cap). Meanwhile, a Kendatsuba set has 15% more TA and 2% more QA than the above Kasuga set, so I don't see the point in comparing a ~3% occurrence to that and calling it better because of it when the 2% QA alone is about as good when you consider that round is also adding about 3k-9k damage pending Triple Damage procs.

Also, I feel like some people are for some reason under the impression you can't Zanhasso with Kendatsuba. You can; just at a rate of ~6% less than a Kasuga set.
 Asura.Bippin
Server: Asura
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2019-11-25 14:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

TP overflow is something to think about as well. It really boost Fudo Damage out put.
 Bismarck.Sterk
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-11-25 14:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, I briefly talked about overflow as well, and I pointed out that the overflow from more multi-attacks should also be taken into consideration, as it equates to both overflow and noteworthy damage from an Empyrean's triple damage Aftermath.

Anyway, I have no intention of spending a long time attempting to convince everyone that a Kendatsuba set is worth looking more into, because as I said, even if I'm shown to be wrong somewhere, I'm going to continue using my Kendatsuba set purely for the defensive benefits. So I'll stop here.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2019-11-25 14:46:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I could be wrong, but I think most people agree that Kendatsuba set is worth using for most things for the extra MEVA, but when looking at just damage output that is when the other set gets thrown around.
By tyalangan 2019-11-25 14:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sterk said: »
Yes, I briefly talked about overflow as well, and I pointed out that the overflow from more multi-attacks should also be taken into consideration, as it equates to both overflow and noteworthy damage from an Empyrean's triple damage Aftermath.

Anyway, I have no intention of spending a long time attempting to convince everyone that a Kendatsuba set is worth looking more into, because as I said, even if I'm shown to be wrong somewhere, I'm going to continue using my Kendatsuba set purely for the defensive benefits. So I'll stop here.

Wait.. who’s NOT using Kend set? At least body/legs? Pretty sure that’s been the go to for some time even for zergs? Was this an argument just to argue? I don’t think anyone would argue against that nor would anyone need convincing. As long as I’ve known even the go-to ejiin set has been ken+1 body/legs.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2019-11-25 14:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

For pure DPS most people talk about the set with Empy body, but most people also use Kend body/legs for extra MEVA for a small DPS loss.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-11-25 15:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply

the set was before R15 and JSE necks as well which produced a larger gap than it is now, where it's basically non-existent.

I use a set like this, more m.eva for minimal dps loss compared to either the kasuga set or llew's set.

ItemSet 369854
[+]
 Bismarck.Sterk
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-11-25 15:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
Was this an argument just to argue?
Same page I started my "argument" on, someone asked if they should be using Kasuga+1 or Kendatsuba+1 and Kasuga+1 was recommended. I don't know why you're trying to make me look like a bad guy.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2019-11-25 15:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

How this even an argument?
By BlaTheTaru 2019-12-03 14:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello everyone! Let me preface by saying i don't know very much about Sam. I play warrior almost exclusively and love it. I have a friend who is playing Sam and I'm struggling to help him gear it. As far as warrior goes I spend the majority of my time in a high HP hybrid TP set.

Is there a similar build for Sam? I see dt sets on the main guide, but no hybrid set. Could someone help me out and post or at least guide me to what I'm looking for? I 5 box omen and he wants to come along and help but id like for him to be a bit more durable so I'm not killing myself on whm too.
 Bismarck.Sterk
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-12-03 14:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

M.Eva Hybrid (STP Cape)
ItemSet 369867

PDT Hybrid (DA Cape)
ItemSet 369868

Haven't spent much time looking over better swaps for a PDT Hybrid, but that's what I just quickly put together. Both sets keep your 4-hit if no SAM Roll, but if your friend isn't using Masamune, then they can replace some STP gear for more multi-attack.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Sterk
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-12-03 14:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

8 body
6 hands
10 ring
7 ring
10 back
4 legs

45%

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Sterk
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-12-03 14:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

You can have both Double Attack and Physical Damage Taken on the same cape.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-12-03 14:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

DA and PDT are added with different mats on the cape.
 Bismarck.Sterk
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-12-03 14:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
I also use Albumen head. You think it's not worth bothering?
I'm personally not a fan of our Head slot options for PDT. I'd rather just get the extra M.Eva and multi-attack from Kendatsuba +1. If you really wanted more PDT, though, I'd just swap to Staunch Tathlum +1 and recover the STP with Flamma head +2. Again, this is under the assumption of Masamune with no SAM roll. Your situation may vary.
[+]
By BlaTheTaru 2019-12-03 14:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow you guys are way more responsive than the warrior people. Thank you very much! I didn't even know where to start.

Post deleted by User.
By Luminohelix 2019-12-03 14:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

BlaTheTaru said: »
Wow you guys are way more responsive than the warrior people. Thank you very much! I didn't even know where to start.
Sam best job :D
By Luminohelix 2019-12-03 14:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

M.Eva Hybrid (STP Cape)
ItemSet 369867

PDT Hybrid (DA Cape)
ItemSet 369868

Haven't spent much time looking over better swaps for a PDT Hybrid, but that's what I just quickly put together. Both sets keep your 4-hit if no SAM Roll, but if your friend isn't using Masamune, then they can replace some STP gear for more multi-attack.
Thank you for your sets sir! Much appreciated!
By malakef 2019-12-03 14:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are referring to the dedition earring yes you can farm it on SAM. Hes got some huge -pdt though so use your magic WS sets.
 Bismarck.Sterk
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-12-03 14:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Also not got round to farming STP Earring, can it be done on SAM with trusts?
Only thing that can hurt is Vorpal Blade, but a PDT hybrid will make him pretty tame. Murasamemaru would speed up your fight quite a bit if you have that as well. SAM is also on Requiescat, but I dunno if that would be better than just using Trusts that MB and opening SCs for them. Personally I tri-box, so i never really have a reason to use anything other than buff Trusts.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Sterk
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-12-03 15:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, hybrid WSs still do garbage on him.
By SimonSes 2019-12-03 15:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, hybrid WSs still do garbage on him.

Yeah people apparently keep forgetting how hybrid WSs work. They have physical and magical part. If physical part do ***damage then magical part, which is based of physical part performence, also do ***damage.
By malakef 2019-12-03 15:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't say Jinpu or Hybrid I said magical. Hell you could use thunder thrust with pole arm for instance. Just use something magical.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2019-12-03 15:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Also not got round to farming STP Earring, can it be done on SAM with trusts?

Easy to solo on SAM with Murasamemaru

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-12-03 16:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

it's not that low. db just reports it that low because people farming woc pops already have it
First Page 2 3 ... 115 116 117 ... 153 154 155