Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » 119 Gearsets? Apocalypse/Ragnarok
119 Gearsets? Apocalypse/Ragnarok
 Siren.Calnus
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2014-01-01 18:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I took a break from the game about 7 months ago and came back somewhat recently. I'm fairly lost on where to start with my sets. I checked out the sticky post sets (Here) which looked to be somewhat out of date maybe.

I was trying to salvage my old sets which were really good at the time and updated them with new equipment. It doesn't feel like it is working out too well.

I'm not overly concerned for the precast/fastcast, dark magic, absorbs, PDT/MDT sets (ect). But is there any way I can get a little assistance or direction to go for both 119 Ragnarok and 119 Apocalypse?

/WAR /SAM subs are fine, best judgement and discussion as you see fit.

Really appreciate it.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]
By Marauderex 2014-02-04 18:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm having the same issue, but I had been gone a lot longer than 7 months.

Not sure if this is helpful or not but I was having the same dilemma about which 119 relic to pursue, and looking it over I had originally wanted an apoc but I saw that its haste counts as equipment haste and given how much haste is on the new sets its very easy to cap out haste on those and in such cases an apoc loses some of its value.

Now the flip to that is with an apoc maxing out haste you can dedicate other slots for other stats like acc, atk, store tp, etc.

I personally decided to go for a ragnarok as I think the increase crit V will be more beneficial than the gear haste effect, but if I am incorrect and that is not the case on the apoc then please let me know
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-02-04 19:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Depending on how long and how much effort it takes you to make a relic, I would suggest possibly waiting until the next set of Delve areas to make a Ragnarok. I have a feeling that a 119 Kaquljaan-equivalent, or possibly even the upgraded 119 Crobaci, may be pretty comparable.
 Ragnarok.Returner
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2014-02-05 08:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

regardless what they make, it will be hard to beat 13% crit and 40 accuracy, both are relevant now a day with the kind of content we are getting. Ragnarok is kind in its own special place with that boost of crit hit rate that none of the other relics get (weapons like apoc get like blind the enemy...).
By kenshynofshiva 2014-02-05 08:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Apoc is about the ws Catastrophe haste and heals tho plus the damage making low manning quite a few things easier to accomplish. I have my Rag 119 love it but still think about making apoc one day for those reasons..
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-02-05 08:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Apoc and Bandwagnarok shouldnt be compared they are both used for different things. Bandwagnarok is your standard high end DD sharp stick that offers a lot more than others pick this if you want more out of you resolutions. Apoc is for low man stuff with probably the best scythe ws attached to it it does nice damage and heals you at the same time as well as giving 10% haste. You wont do as much damage as a GS user would but you will probably out live them if they are getting raped to AoEs or w/e. I have done entropys and catas that have been higher than other drks resolutions but its not consistant this was on VW havent upgraded it to 119 yet. Get either and you will be happy with you choice.

Edit: was updating my cata set last night and with SE spewing of random stats on gear cata got a bit of a boost. Theres a lot more gear now that has str/agi/int/acc/att on them compared to hardly any pre-SoA.