DRK ...nukes?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » DRK ...nukes?
DRK ...nukes?
 Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee 2013-12-30 03:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

With the advent of the anahera scythe, I think SE might've achieved what they were intending with the y's scythe (but missed the mark). Has anyone gotten the scythe and played around nuking with it? Refresh gear is common enough that low tier nukes virtually cost nothing. Anahera has 155 magic damage and 188 magic acc skill, which makes it a contender with other staves that a nuking job might use. Additionally, occult acumen can be used to grain tp even while staying at a distance. at level 99, you get a 1tp return on every 8mp spent on a nuke before gear that enhances it or stp gear.

something I threw together, kinda curious what others would use
ItemSet 317297 edit: updated the set a little

oneiros rope and bale sollerets +2 are options to enhance occult acumen, both together would bring it up to 6mp = 1tp.

At 34mp, Thunder would return 4-6tp, not to mention yielding a healthy amount of damage for it's cost and half second cast time.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-12-30 08:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

while it may yield a bit of damage and some tp, it's such a niche use, you probably won't find much support here.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-12-30 08:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

SE dream come true! Now we just need drk to get a dark elemental nuke beside drain and impact. Can use ker's hands.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-12-30 09:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a nuke set in my spellcast, but because of inventory constraints, I never achieved much in it besides "drain set plus a couple pieces". How i wish SE would give XI players another 30 slots T.T (hell i would have settled for 10 lol).

There's still something satisfying about being able to pop off a nuke in the niche situations it comes up (I also LOVED busting out a drain II magic burst on darkness to juice up my HPs). There were a couple runs of ADL farming we would nuke down pld mobs during invincible for shits and giggles.

Best of luck in your drk nuking! Thinking outside the box is where some of the most fun in gaming is had :D
 Ragnarok.Returner
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2013-12-30 09:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

indeed, the lack of inventory space is the biggest problem with DRK nuke and enfeebling. I have darkmagic set and am already at 78/80.
By volkom 2014-01-01 19:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

would this be acceptable if you just wanted to cast something quickly for tp gain?
ItemSet 317825

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Ophannus 2014-01-01 20:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If all Scythes ilvl 100+ got Magic DMG equivalent to the weapon's base dmg, I could see DRK nukes being worthwhile. Instacast Stone I for 1200 dmg (albeit would only be relevant on fodder most likely). It would not only make DRK nukes wortwhile but it would give Scythes some kind of advantage over Greatswords besides high base dmg and crappy WS.
 Asura.Tot
Server: Asura
By Asura.Tot 2014-01-01 20:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Not worth the effort, but fun to mess around with
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [49 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2014-02-20 02:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

This will soon be inside the box.

Forming the floor and the walls.

Locked in their consistent, unrelenting embrace.