Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » bard ideas
bard ideas
By Ophannus 2014-05-03 13:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

That's actually a pretty good idea but part of the downside of Brd is exactly that, you are put into danger while singing , that's why they recently gave brds pdt on relic and why Brd specific gear always had high +hp. Maybe a 3min recast ability that allows you to "throw" a song onto someone else and have it aoe around them would be good for a long distance scherzo, but nothing shorter than that. He inherent risk of dying while resinging in the heat of battle is suppsed to be a tradeoff for brd's high utility and powerful buffs(also that's what hymnus is for lol) I think that's what they were going for for GEO, being able to throw aoe buffs from a safe distance(though that too has a "cost" of putting your lupon in danger.
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-05-03 13:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

with the duration on songs now, it's pretty rare you're having to resing on bosses anyways. even on my brd mule n/t songs last 7min 48s.. only time bosses aren't dying before those wear off is in delve2 or with really bad dds or if someone dies.
By Pantafernando 2014-05-03 14:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »
with the duration on songs now, it's pretty rare you're having to resing on bosses anyways. even on my brd mule n/t songs last 7min 48s.. only time bosses aren't dying before those wear off is in delve2 or with really bad dds or if someone dies.

Or dispelga.
By Ophannus 2014-05-03 14:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

They could make some quality of life adjustments too like Marcato+finale = dispel 2 buffs and with SV dispels 3.