users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » SKCNM 20 Very Difficult Setup/Strat
SKCNM 20 Very Difficult Setup/Strat
 Sylph.Murex
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Murex 2013-12-08 07:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

This post is more for opinions for when I try this after update.

Most SKCNM 20 Very Difficult Fights:

(All jobs must have top-of-the-line gear+skill)

WHM
RDM
99 Relic+90/99 Emp Bardx2
Ilv 119 Weapon MNKx1-2
Ilv 119 Weapon SAMx1-2

(This is where i'm looking for opinions because I have not bothered to or needed to try this):

WHM will need to Auspice and Boost-DEX

RDM subs BLM For Sleepga and relogging hate for pulls & Debuffs(Dia III, Gravity II, Slow II, Paralyze II)/Refresh II & MB(Thunder) during Fights.(Heard mobs can be slept but don't know I have never needed to sleep them and also don't know about PT hate or anything as I have always gone with a PLD to super tank and have never fully wiped)

Bards are for +5 songs, 3-4 songs, Requiem VII, and Carnage Elegy(If you can land them?)
DD Songs:
6 Songs: 2 Marcch 2 Madrigal 2 Minuet
7-8 Songs: Add Minuets
WHM Songs: Ballad 1-3, Spirited Etude, Logical Etude, and 5/5 Adventurer's Dirge.

DD's should have Sushi+1, PDT Set, and SC(Light) if possible + have RDM MB.

This is what Setup/Strategy I plan to try after update and of course it's easier said then done especialy when it comes to finding the required geared/skilled jobs.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-12-08 07:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

They have party hate.

I know this because when the PLD died one time on VD, all of the other mobs went straight for us, even though we didn't touch them and we were far enough away from link and aggro.
 Sylph.Murex
By Sylph.Murex 2013-12-08 07:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so If RDM was to sleepga (If they are sleepable) they would need to be outside PT?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-12-08 07:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM
COR
BRD
MNK
MNK
PLD

rdm is a wasted slot, it's not going to be able to keep ***consistantly slept, pld is very low maintenance even in very difficult

have 6boxed all of the 20s in very difficult w/ this setup, no losses, don't need logging tricks or anything just daurdabla and decent dd
 Sylph.Murex
By Sylph.Murex 2013-12-08 07:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot easier to 6 box then run something with 6 different people and have everyone on the same page.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-12-08 07:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The fights aren't difficult, they have high stats and pretty much nothing else. If you can't win consistently with that setup, someone is doing something extremely wrong. COR is the better choice over a second BRD because you gain haste samba, quickstep, light shot and an additional (highly needed) accuracy buff.

Marchx2, Madx2, Chaos, Hunters for buffs

dia2, light shotx2, quickstep, haste samba for debuffs
 Sylph.Murex
By Sylph.Murex 2013-12-08 07:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds good, thanks. (Your still a *** for getting me temp ban though!)
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-12-08 08:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't know who you were.
 Sylph.Murex
By Sylph.Murex 2013-12-08 08:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Was a long time ago in Abyssea... I out poped you and you got mad. lol.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-12-08 08:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, Kermes. I don't think you can even pretend you didn't ask for that, but not worth the derail. Good luck with your SKCs.
[+]
By Spiraboo 2013-12-09 07:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Ok so If RDM was to sleepga (If they are sleepable) they would need to be outside PT?

Technically yes, never tried before so I have no idea how or how well it works. Though persumably you -MIGHT- be able to land sleepga with ES first, then maybe with the new RDM 1hr ability. Then you are pretty much stuck. So that gives you 2 opportunity to single pull mobs. At this rate you're better off with a pld or even someone with twilight set to stay outside the pt and just zombie whenever you need to pull. But again - never done it like this, don't know whether the mobs are linked up like fomor parties, in which case they will probably still go after your pt.

Quote:
WHM Songs: Ballad 1-3, Spirited Etude, Logical Etude, and 5/5 Adventurer's Dirge.

You are probably not going to find any brd with 5/5 Adventurer's Dirge because:
1. it's lol
2. majority of bards would have 5/5 on troubadour and nightingale.

plus your whm isn't going to need that -enmity. He/she isn't going to pull hate unless all the DDs dropped dead, which at that point enmity is irrelevant (can easily kite the mobs for survival if you have gaiters or other forms of +movement), bring a pld he/she can take the hate of whm in no time if you need a recovery from dead DDs (which is another reason why PLD strategy is safer than sleepga strategy, provided your pld doesn't suck)

3 song bard can work. 4 song isn't a necessity (but obviously a welcomed bonus). If you manage to get decent accuracy on the NMs they aren't that hard to kill, you don't really need minuets to kill within the 30 mins duration. Done this with 3 song bards without popping SV/Clarion call.
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
Server: Carbuncle
user: Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2013-12-09 08:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Pld
Whm
Brd
DDx3

Is pretty straight foward. As pld can hold (outdife of pt) so long as u kill the blm first and rng mobs first. Note: even with madrigalx2 we had acc issues. All three DDs had top gear and did not break 85% hit rate. (and we ate sushi+1)
By pchan 2013-12-09 11:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
The fights aren't difficult, they have high stats and pretty much nothing else. If you can't win consistently with that setup, someone is doing something extremely wrong. COR is the better choice over a second BRD because you gain haste samba, quickstep, light shot and an additional (highly needed) accuracy buff.

Marchx2, Madx2, Chaos, Hunters for buffs

dia2, light shotx2, quickstep, haste samba for debuffs

lol @ COR. Hunter gives ***accuracy. No setup can win within 6-7 minutes IMO, so the best setup is TWO bards using soulvoice madrigals in turn. COR is a very bad job for this except for the first half of the mobs. However the benefit on the first part of the fight doesn't balance the gimp accuracy for the rest of the fight. Beside, BRD is more useful for the second or third troubadour to sleep remaining mobs.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-12-09 11:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're bringing a PLD, COR is a better choice than a 2nd brd. Especially if you don't want to wait on SV to repeat.
By Spiraboo 2013-12-09 12:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Basing on info from BGwiki (do correct me if I'm wrong):

A brd with madrigal+5 and 5/5 merits on madrigal will give 81 +acc(33+48), so 162+acc with soul voice.

A cor can give a 50+acc from the roll (if roll is 11, which should be sustainable with snake eye and winning streak? I don't play cor, but looking at recast timers and duration timers it looks like it), -24eva from quickstep (from my experience it is accurate enough to hit lv 5, granted your cor is geared to hit).

having 2 bards mean you can get 2 sets of 162+acc with soul voice, so you have 162+acc for a duration of about 20mins (gotta be very well geared in song duration side to pull that off) if you do it right , if you take any longer then you drop back down to 81+acc

with a brd and cor instead then you can 212 +acc and -24 eva during soul voice, 131+acc if SV not up. Not to forget WC gives you a 1 in 3 chance of resetting 1hr, so 33% chance of getting what you would've got with 2 bards (in terms of accuracy) + extra DPS from melee getting their 1hrs back). And the added bonus of samba and light shot and chaos roll.. (of course if you have a second bard you can get more minuets out of it)

COR seems to have earned a place to me imo. If anything i'd rather replace cor with another DD, not a brd.
 Fenrir.Ahnyeuem
Server: Fenrir
user: kasain
By Fenrir.Ahnyeuem 2013-12-09 12:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I have done theze with jps. Tbey never use a brd or cor. Pld whm 3 dd and a geo blu or rdm as the 6th depending on what one we do.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2013-12-09 12:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

How can anyone do ANYTHING without a BRD?

That just sounds like a headache :/
By Kyler 2013-12-09 12:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Brd x 2
Whm
Drg x 2
+other DD

100% win rate easy peasy

NightTroub sleep everything, kill the ones that are more threatening(SMN BLM NIN RDM RNG etc) you should easily be able to kill 1 or 2 before horde wears off. We had it partial resist once so they only slept for 1 minute but we were already on the 2nd mob so the 2nd bard just did the NightTroub slept them again and we went on killing. 2drgs is nice because 1 they natively have really nice accuracy and 2 they can perpetuatlly keep angon up so it's a nice source of def down.
 Fenrir.Ahnyeuem
By Fenrir.Ahnyeuem 2013-12-09 12:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Xenhas said: »

Hey we done the one in the temple for head, another one for feet in windy zone and deoms for body. All without a brd and cor. The jp group I run with usually has 6 members I just fill I. Now and then. Ironicly they like my run.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-12-09 12:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You do very difficult without a BRD? I'd think the floored accuracy would make that near-impossible.
By Spiraboo 2013-12-09 18:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
You do very difficult without a BRD? I'd think the floored accuracy would make that near-impossible.

Quote:
Hey we done the one in the temple for head, another one for feet in windy zone and deoms for body. All without a brd and cor. The jp group I run with usually has 6 members I just fill I. Now and then. Ironicly they like my run.

JP button.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
Server: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2013-12-09 18:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ahnyeuem said: »

All I got out of this statement was we won without COR or BRD

I'm assuming the Very Difficult mode in SKC20 is different from SKC10. I beat the SKC10 Horlais Peak on very difficult using 1 PLD 1 BRD 3 MNK 1 WHM. One of monks died half way through and we beat it with a minute left. Notable drops were Waterfall ring, R/M/E item, and Laktisma Leggings.
By pchan 2013-12-10 06:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The rabbit one is quite easy, they still require a mini
Spiraboo said: »
Basing on info from BGwiki (do correct me if I'm wrong):

A brd with madrigal+5 and 5/5 merits on madrigal will give 81 +acc(33+48), so 162+acc with soul voice.

A cor can give a 50+acc from the roll (if roll is 11, which should be sustainable with snake eye and winning streak? I don't play cor, but looking at recast timers and duration timers it looks like it), -24eva from quickstep (from my experience it is accurate enough to hit lv 5, granted your cor is geared to hit).

having 2 bards mean you can get 2 sets of 162+acc with soul voice, so you have 162+acc for a duration of about 20mins (gotta be very well geared in song duration side to pull that off) if you do it right , if you take any longer then you drop back down to 81+acc

with a brd and cor instead then you can 212 +acc and -24 eva during soul voice, 131+acc if SV not up. Not to forget WC gives you a 1 in 3 chance of resetting 1hr, so 33% chance of getting what you would've got with 2 bards (in terms of accuracy) + extra DPS from melee getting their 1hrs back). And the added bonus of samba and light shot and chaos roll.. (of course if you have a second bard you can get more minuets out of it)

COR seems to have earned a place to me imo. If anything i'd rather replace cor with another DD, not a brd.

I don't get why the BRDx2 setup could not include a BRD using step either. I mean COR is notoriously a fail DD, so might as well do it on BRD. There are too many "if" when using a COR. IF you roll a 11, if you land a step or get TP for it etc. BRD is straightforward. You lose chaos but gain up to 4 minuets which is equivalent attack wise. The BRD setup doesn't rely on luck on rolls or luck on cor landing hit. I think the main point of the COR setup is that you don't require elite gear such as DDB99+relic99 to make it work. If you have a setup that clears the SK20 under 15 minutes, call me. So far the only one I have heard of are a PLD holding mobs while DDs rape the first 2-3 mobs and then whiff on the last 2-4 mobs with gimp madrigals/rolls, or going mage heavy with blm sub and sleeping like mad, wiping once songs wear off and quickly recover for the second run of soulvoice. In both case people take as much time, aka roughly 20 minutes or more.

Also it worth noting that while BRDs got ***for range in the RME updates, they magically obtained on their mythic (and R/E as well) a super buff, which transformed their mythic form very little useful to a beast magic accuracy wise (65 macc better than previous gear). So the absolutely best setup could be One BRD holding relic horn, empy harp, mythic dagger with a COR because then the can (maybe) sleep anything.
 Fenrir.Ahnyeuem
By Fenrir.Ahnyeuem 2013-12-10 08:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

[]
Bismarck.Hsieh said: »

All I got out of this statement was we won without COR or BRD

I'm assuming the Very Difficult mode in SKC20 is different from SKC10. I beat the SKC10 Horlais Peak on very difficult using 1 PLD 1 BRD 3 MNK 1 WHM. One of monks died half way through and we beat it with a minute left. Notable drops were Waterfall ring, R/M/E item, and Laktisma Leggings.

They were not the SKC 10's only babies do those. Many people are to reliant on brd/cor. As for me, I just g the jobs my JP buddies ask me on and let all them do the battle strategies. They don't take any brd or cor. and all are the hardest level fights. "Very Difficult"

normally I go o Run and a few times sch. As for their DD's they use the 115-119 weapons.
By pchan 2013-12-10 09:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Noone will take you seriously when you mention SCH or RUN. Also SKC10 have about the same difficulty as SK20. The toughest fight which I will call "nightmare mode" is the SK10 doll factory -the other 3 are rather easy-. Only won after 7 attempts, last one being rather lucky : wiped twice, held the last doll with bio II, and it died from bio II... The last doll acts like it's always raged, incredibly high AOEs and hate reset on melee hits which bind you, as well as HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE eva even with max acc gear and SV madrigals. 1 shotting mages on hate reset. You need to be /nin on melees so when hate resets and you are bound you look a little stupid and wipe. You need to silence all 5 dolls or shock spike rapes you (or manage to dispel it) which is nearly impossible w/o troubadour or elemental seal.
 Fenrir.Ahnyeuem
By Fenrir.Ahnyeuem 2013-12-10 09:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

pchan said: »
Noone will take you seriously when you mention SCH or RUN. Also SKC10 have about the same difficulty as SK20. The toughest fight which I will call "nightmare mode" is the SK10 doll factory -the other 3 are rather easy-. Only won after 7 attempts, last one being rather lucky : wiped twice, held the last doll with bio II, and it died from bio II... The last doll acts like it's always raged, incridibly high aoe and hate reset on melee hits which bind you, as well as HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE eva even with max acc gear and SV madrigals. 1 shotting mages on hate reset. You need to be /nin so when hate resets and you are bound you look a little stupid and wipe. You need to silence all 5 dolls or shock spike rapes you (or manage to dispel it) which is nearly impossible w/o troubadour or elemental seal.

I really don't care if you take me seriously or not. I just state what I done. As for the 10, never done them, as it takes me long time to gather the seals I wouldn't waste my time on them. And my JP friends wouldn't either.

Maybe your issue is you shouldn't fight with bards and cors like you spam wildkeepers reives. Go with five friends who play ell together and you can pretty much win anything with any decent party like my friends do.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-12-10 09:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

119 empyrean staff is what won it for them, mark my words.
By pchan 2013-12-10 09:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

pchan said: »
Noone will take you seriously when you mention SCH or RUN. Also SKC10 have about the same difficulty as SK20. The toughest fight which I will call "nightmare mode" is the SK10 doll factory -the other 3 are rather easy-. Only won after 7 attempts, last one being rather lucky : wiped twice, held the last doll with bio II, and it died from bio II... The last doll acts like it's always raged, incridibly high aoe and hate reset on melee hits which bind you, as well as HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE eva even with max acc gear and SV madrigals. 1 shotting mages on hate reset. You need to be /nin so when hate resets and you are bound you look a little stupid and wipe. You need to silence all 5 dolls or shock spike rapes you (or manage to dispel it) which is nearly impossible w/o troubadour or elemental seal.

I really don't care if you take me seriously or not. I just state what I done. As for the 10, never done them, as it takes me long time to gather the seals I wouldn't waste my time on them. And my JP friends wouldn't either.

Maybe your issue is you shouldn't fight with bards and cors like you spam wildkeepers reives. Go with five friends who play ell together and you can pretty much win anything with any decent party like my friends do.

Start by showing your title then we can start arguing. I don't see how RUN can be any helpful (while SCH can act as a gimp WHM).