Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-24 12:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
Oh only one march to hit cap. I don't think I'll reach the 9 secs. I need to get the gende Gage's the artiseq leg to make it 9 sec. Everything else it near optimal.

If you can get to ~10 seconds and are an experienced stunner, you can stun everything that matters with very few exceptions. And unless a SCH is near clairvoyant or has nothing else to do, they'd miss those, too. This is the set I use, Lehbrailg +2 has fastcast +5 on it and Artsieq hose are Macc path.

ItemSet 328705

Just shy of capped gear haste, but decent Macc and it puts me somewhere in the 9 second range with a capped magic haste and composure off.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-09-24 13:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm missing hands and legs which I can get easily. Was hoping I can just skip those lol
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-24 13:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You could get away with repartie gloves and orvail pants +1, it wouldn't be ideal, or course. It would simply force you to use more Macc in slots you could otherwise have more fastcast or haste. Will it cause you to miss a stun? Probably not.
By minikomby 2014-09-25 00:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

what is shorter recast for stun on rdm with FC gears and capped haste magic?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-25 00:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fastcast is only 50% effective for recast, so haste is more valuable point for point, but haste has individual caps, gear cap is 25% (256/1024), magic haste 43.75% (448/1024), JA haste cap 25% (256/1024). Fastast doesn't have a cap. Ideally, for RDM stunning, you want capped gear haste 24% with Ionis, capped magic haste Haste 2 and 1 +3 march will do it, and as much fastcast as your magic accuracy allows. Affinity, like the Apamajas II has, is more potent because it's based on the result all other forms of recast reduction, so 14% reduction is more valuable the more other forms of recast you have. There is some debate about recast caps or if it caps at all, but with the set I posted and those buffs, I have about a 10 second recast when you factor in input delay, which gets the job done well enough, and none of the pieces in that set are all that exotic or difficult to get.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-09-25 05:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks jassik. Successfully stunned tojil last night.
[+]
 Phoenix.Knumskull
Server: Phoenix
user: Knumskull
By Phoenix.Knumskull 2014-10-06 09:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm gearing my rdm for stuning in delve, so far i've come up with this gearset. it's down too 9~10 sec from what i can see from timers.

ItemSet 329217

Hagondes have macc+12 on them

things i wonder about is items i should switch to get optimal haste/recast/macc.

Grip: I can change to arbuda grip to cap out haste, but loose 5macc
Body+hands: is hedera cotehardie + gende gages +1 better than what i have in set?
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-10-06 10:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
You could get away with repartie gloves and orvail pants +1, it wouldn't be ideal, or course. It would simply force you to use more Macc in slots you could otherwise have more fastcast or haste. Will it cause you to miss a stun? Probably not.

Anytime I do Delve with a RDM stunner, I always have a GEO with the RDM using Indi-Focus (mag. accuracy) and Geo-Haste. This way the RDM can equip as much Fast Cast gear as possible and get capped haste while the GEO can cover the magic accuracy for the RDM.

It works extremely well for my group.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Server: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-10-06 10:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

well, considering ive done rdm/brd/sam 3 man tojils, (no thunderstaff or anything, midcast like jassiks setup) you should definitely not have any mag acc probs no matter what.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-10-06 10:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If that works then good but wouldn't that make a 6 person group to 7?
 Phoenix.Knumskull
Server: Phoenix
user: Knumskull
By Phoenix.Knumskull 2014-10-06 11:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »

Anytime I do Delve with a RDM stunner, I always have a GEO with the RDM using Indi-Focus (mag. accuracy) and Geo-Haste. This way the RDM can equip as much Fast Cast gear as possible and get capped haste while the GEO can cover the magic accuracy for the RDM.

is that with rdm's frazzle too, anyone have a clue how much that lowers m.eva for nm?
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-10-06 12:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Knumskull said: »

is that with rdm's frazzle too, anyone have a clue how much that lowers m.eva for nm?

No, Frazzle not required. Our RDM does still have a fair amount of Magic Accuracy+ in his Fast Cast set, but if he didn't have Indi-Focus from the GEO he would get some occasional resists.

We usually roll with 8-9 people, assuming everyone is online at the same time. 3 good DD are enough. 2 MNK and a SAM, or we've even rolled with MNK, SAM, PUP (119 Kenkonken), BRD, COR, GEO in one pt, with RDM, GEO, BRD in the 2nd party. The GEO with the RDM subs /BLM for a backup stun if the need ever arises.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-06 12:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Knumskull said: »

I generally use Frazzle on anything I can land it on, if it makes the difference between being able to use AF3+2 body for variable potency enfeebles like Slow, it's worth casting. And, if nothing else, it can buy you 1-2 more unresisted stuns if the MB is taking longer than it should.

No idea what the actual M.Eva effect is or how you would even test it, but I'd imagine it's in league with Distract's -Eva.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-10-06 12:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It's off topic but if u go with 8-9 might try practicing for tree delve? I started forming tojil groups then moved on to tree and noticed it's not much harder if the dds and white Mage are good.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-06 12:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
It's off topic but if u go with 8-9 might try practicing for tree delve? I started forming tojil groups then moved on to tree and noticed it's not much harder if the dds and white Mage are good.

The gear check for Tree is definitely higher than Tojil. I can't say if the run itself is more technical, the mechanics of Morimar NM's have been known for a long time, but the only advantage difficulty wise for doing tree instead of tojil is that you don't need a stunner.