WTB Dakuwaqa Win/Tsurumaru
First Page 2
 Remora.Brain
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2013-11-17 09:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Title says it all. Would like to be in a reasonable price range.

Edit: Title didn't say it all lol.

If I'm going to pay you to do something for me, I want to come as I please. I'm not paying you to give me the opportunity to do something myself. That's like paying paying a chef to let me cook my own meal.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-11-17 09:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Brain said: »
Title says it all. Would like to be in a reasonable price range.

Edit: Title didn't say it all lol.

If I'm going to pay you to do something for me, I want to come as I please. I'm not paying you to give me the opportunity to do something myself. That's like paying paying a chef to let me cook my own meal.

If you can't do it solo, you're not paying the chef to let you cook your own meal. You're paying him for his facilities, equipment, ingredients, and knowledge. I do hope anyone that will work with someone with that attitude will charge at least double the going rate for the win.
[+]
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2013-11-17 09:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

So if I go to a restaurant and pay a good amount of money for a meal, then the chef comes out, hands me and apron, a knife, and a dead chicken and tells me to get crackin, he can go f*ck himself.

Or how about I go pay the guys at jiffy lube for an oil change and I come back for my car and it's there in the garage with a quart of oil, a new filter, and an instructional booklet on my dash.

This service I'm paying for is just that, a f*cking service you retard. Tell me where exactly else in the entire world it's appropriate to accept money for a service, then make the customer do the service themself.

I know I've never provided a merc service to someone then required them to be an active participant in the success of my job.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-11-17 09:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You made it out like you should be able to show up whenever you want, AFK unannounced, run around and aggro the zone, etc. I don't think, in your analogy, you would expect to show up at a restaurant and have your meal cooked for you while you run around setting fires or leave the restaurant and come back an hour later and expect your food to still be hot. That's an additional service, and I hope that's not your intent, but if it is, expect to pay for it.
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2013-11-17 09:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

If I wanted the win why the f*ck would I go around ruining the godd*mn run.

I want to come as is at a time I'm available and not be required to level a new job to play an integral role in the fight I'm paying you to do for me.

Holy sh*t better charge him double for making a legitimate request that he be given the service he's paying for, instead of paying to be labor.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2013-11-17 09:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I read it as, if he wants to come on a level 1 job or *insert random level/random job here* wearing his big fluffy moogle costume riding a neon green ***, then he should be able to.

Anyone with even a shred of intelligence will know that you can't just show up unannounced/whenever, and do the other aforementioned things to/with the group he is paying.

That said... free bump
 Odin.Spyderhawk
By Odin.Spyderhawk 2013-11-17 09:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
You made it out like you should be able to show up whenever you want, AFK unannounced, run around and aggro the zone, etc. I don't think, in your analogy, you would expect to show up at a restaurant and have your meal cooked for you while you run around setting fires or leave the restaurant and come back an hour later and expect your food to still be hot. That's an additional service, and I hope that's not your intent, but if it is, expect to pay for it.
Do you even play this game anymore? If so <{/wave}>. If not, why are you so active on a forum for a game you don't play?

As for the guy buying shark win/tsu all shells do it different, personally as a seller you wouldn't want any help from a person who's buying a win, also might wanna reconsider buying from a shell that needs you a specific job to get the win. IF i was in the delve selling business you wouldn't even be in alliance until after boss was dead(unless you were specifically purchasing the KI) which at that point you'd be invited last 5-10%.
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2013-11-17 09:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

And sorry I snapped, it's just he was the third person to give me sh*t over what I feel to be a reasonable request.

If I had the time, resources, jobs, or patience to put up with the crap of getting a shark win, I wouldn't be paying for it. I don't need people giving me crap over my choice to buy it without being a member of the strategy. If I were going to work for it, why would I pay for it? That's essentially working twice for something, because I worked for my gil.
By Pantafernando 2013-11-17 09:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

And sorry I snapped, it's just he was the third person to give me sh*t over what I feel to be a reasonable request.

If I had the time, resources, jobs, or patience to put up with the crap of getting a shark win, I wouldn't be paying for it. I don't need people giving me crap over my choice to buy it without being a member of the strategy. If I were going to work for it, why would I pay for it? That's essentially working twice for something, because I worked for my gil.

You are right dude. It was just unnecessary edit, and you just give a reason to bored dudes to derail any topic. You should know how ffxiah community is.
Btw, i can undestand your point. Back before nerf update, wasnt uncommon dudes "selling" wins where you should come with dharp99, ghorn99, yagrush, rem afterglow, pay 30m and not lotting anything (or paying more 10m for that) and still hear some stuffs from sellers like "do you really think we need your help?"
Those times are gone, its implicit you can afk while the ls do the run, though if i remember right, someone said you must be in exp range to get title, idk.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-11-17 10:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I merc'd and have paid mercs through the years. When someone says something like "if I have to help, I might as well do it myself" generally it means they're going to be a real pain to work with. I wasn't commenting on the nature of services as much as they way you said it.

Sorry for the derail.

Odin.Spyderhawk said: »
Do you even play this game anymore? If so <{/wave}>. If not, why are you so active on a forum for a game you don't play?

I have subbed and unsubbed many times.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2013-11-17 10:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

People who buy something shouldn't have to help? You're paying them to do it for you. JPs who buy things especially got offended when I asked them to help merc Epona's Rings back in the day for example. They just zoned in and lotted.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-11-17 10:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

We let people help if they wanted to since some people enjoy the experience and wanted to be a part of it, but it wasn't a requirement.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2013-11-17 12:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

OP, I hope you don't get what you're looking for because you come off as a HUGE ***. No wonder you weren't around people competent enough to get you it yet.
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2013-11-17 12:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not really like you or the chef is cooking solo though in that analogy. It's more like you hired a team of chefs to prep Thanksgiving dinner for you but you need to be able to help get the food to the table. And as far as you leeching a spot without doing anything, that depends on the strength of the group. You need a group who can drop a geo or a mage somewhere and not miss them in order to get the clear. My guess is you have to server transfer to get that service, as to the where... dunno.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-11-17 13:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Thought I already sold you a win? Regardless, 20M will get you win and all gear that drops without raising a finger. Won't offer any sort of guarantee on tsuru, as I can make better gil doing other stuff if there's a risk I'll have to do multiple runs.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-11-17 13:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

That would be quite hilarious. He despises you but I'm sure he wouldn't mind licking your boots for a win haha. I think you are thinking of his buddy Destrution though.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-11-17 13:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, I actually checked my logs because it was screwing with my head. It was Destrution that I sold a win to, not him.

I don't really care if he buys it or not, a 20m win split 2 ways is significantly worse than soloing morta or mul. I just figured I'd offer since it was here and saves me the trouble of selling things. If he's still bitter over 6+ year stuff, that's fine. I'm not.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-11-17 13:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Tell me where exactly else in the entire world it's appropriate to accept money for a service, then make the customer do the service themself.
If you go to a hooker you have to do something too to get the final reward...unless you pay only for a bj that is, but that would be only half the service I guess!

/pointless points
By Zoltar 2013-11-17 13:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I've bought all my clears and each group asked me my job list that would best support the run. Even if you're paying for a clear, its the least you can do to help. Even helps you make new friends.
 Shiva.Siral
Server: Shiva
user: Siral
By Shiva.Siral 2013-11-17 13:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

My 2 Cents.

I don't think OP is wrong. He wants to pay gil for a delve win without lifting a finger. There are people who can provide him that win too.

However, What he doesn't realize is that a good majority of LSs that can clear delve comfortably only do it with 18 active members. They get nervous when they lose a member because even though it's one spot, it's a big blow to the strategy.

This is no different than NNI clears. NNI was a 6 man event and you pretty much needed 6 active people to clear it. So the majority of people who sold wins had the intent of the buyer helping out. There were people who could clear with 5+leech, but it was a lot more rare.

Like I said earlier, people are able to clear delve with a lot less than a full alliance. However, the people who are able to do that are a lot more rare than other mercenary groups. You're talking about a service that only a handful of people across ALL servers can provide.

The difficulty of the content is what makes people want an active buyer. Every group is different though. Different skill, different prices, different expectations, different setups. You'll be able to find a group that fits what you're looking for. Generally that means paying more. However, when you represent yourself as a huge asshat, even those groups that can sell you what you need may not want to work with you.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-11-17 14:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Brain

[+]
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2013-11-17 15:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Unlike some people with BPD, I can generally set aside personal dislike from ages ago to get something done.

At least Thorny didn't awkwardly attach himself to one of my friends with some kind of weird daddy issues, leading to some really lulzy SSs. He also doesn't act like a godd*mn child for the most part.

On a lighter note. My character Brain came to exist because I let a friend who lived next door to me make an alt on my account. He was telling me he was really surprised Brian wasn't already taken. I never let him live it down.

Then one day we had a server merge, and I was going to name him Brains. Ended up with Brians lol.

Thorny I'll talk to you in game. One of the extra benefits is I'll get to know giving you gil puts someone else's panties in a wad.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-11-17 15:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

How exactly does you giving him gil put my "panties in a wad"? I couldn't care less where you spend your gil lol. Nice attempt to try and make it seem like you aren't licking his boots for something you need I guess.
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2013-11-17 15:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Dray I was in an ADL group and LS with you until we removed ourselves from one and you from the other. You literally almost start crying when Thorny succeeds at anything.

And yes, paying for a service is boot licking now. You're so right and awesome Dray.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-11-17 15:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Aru you seem to continuously say that as if it grants you some superiority. I had left the group and asked to rejoin and was declined. I then made my own group and moved on. You keep coming and attempting to bring it up every post you make like it hurts me. It really doesn't, I'm not sure what your obsession with me is but it isn't healthy. As far as Thorny, it's not a surprising fact that I find him revolting. I really don't care if he makes 20m chump change off someone who has no friends to get a win on his own. I am perfectly fine with that, I can make far more than 20m to not need to help someone like you. He isn't really succeeding at anything.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-11-17 16:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan looks like such a friendly server. Look at everyone getting along with each other!
[+]
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2013-11-17 16:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

It's funny you would talk of unhealthy obsession.

Especially after you hunted my post down to insult me in it.

Almost all the friends I had quit the game a long time ago, and so did I. I'm only just now showing any interest in this game again, outside of ADL with a couple of good friends. I have no connections and a mountain of gil. Buying important pieces of gear well after the craze to get it is almost...downright logical.

And I know it bugs you because you haven't shut up and keep coming back for more. Must run in the family.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-11-17 16:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Hunted your post down? It's on the front page of this site... It really doesn't, this is my first reply to you after all your attempted posts. I had decided to just ignore you but I'll leave this here so maybe you will just move on with your life after having a reply from me.
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2013-11-17 16:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Why don't you go disappear in Thailand Dray.
 Leviathan.Multiabuse
By Leviathan.Multiabuse 2013-11-17 16:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

/popcorn
First Page 2