users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Yet another vs thread
Yet another vs thread
 Bismarck.Resievil
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Resievil 2013-11-17 04:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't touched the game in awhile but have read a little here and there but I'd like to get a more clear answer.
I'm very curious as to how bravura stacks up now and I've seen some stuff about the ukon being worthless.
What's the current GA hierarchy and is ragnarok warrior worth using again?
By amadis 2013-11-17 05:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

This has all been talked about in the WAR guide, i think the general conclusion was that unless you have mythic ragnarok is your best weapon
 Bismarck.Resievil
By Bismarck.Resievil 2013-11-17 05:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

amadis said: »
This has all been talked about in the WAR guide, i think the general conclusion was that unless you have mythic ragnarok is your best weapon
***I was hoping the bravura was finally a top tier choice.
Any talk of axes? I really should stop thinking about axes but I'm bored.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-11-17 06:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Axes ain't been a viable option for Warrior since the Rampage days. Bravura is still useful due it's utility, it will always have that.

I'm not a Warrior though, go here >>> http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/35200/the-parthenon-a-warriors-kyklos/
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-11-17 06:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Resievil said: »

There was a ~very~ small period of time where Axe's were viable and that's only on Tojil with very specific setups due largely to Ruinator. Now that UF is available to GAXE that niche has been made obsolete.

For those interested. Ruinator is 6.0 fTP 100% STR and 35% attack bonus.
 Bismarck.Resievil
By Bismarck.Resievil 2013-11-17 07:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »

There was a ~very~ small period of time where Axe's were viable and that's only on Tojil with very specific setups due largely to Ruinator. Now that UF is available to GAXE that niche has been made obsolete.

Well ***, I guess I missed my opportunity to use axe.
Is accuracy a issue on any endgame stuff that's currently out?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-11-17 07:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently it is in the newest hard mode BCNM's, but other than that, people are using DD food and moderate builds, hunter's and 1-2 madrigals are about as far as you ever have to go.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-11-17 08:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Depend on what you call an issue. Most delve MB's have ~800 evasion with the Bee having around 900. So you'll need to customize your gearset to have capped accuracy. It's not as stupid as it was before where you needed every acc buff under the sun and sushi to hit them, but you won't be auto-capping it anytime soon.
 Bismarck.Resievil
By Bismarck.Resievil 2013-11-17 09:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Depend on what you call an issue. Most delve MB's have ~800 evasion with the Bee having around 900. So you'll need to customize your gearset to have capped accuracy. It's not as stupid as it was before where you needed every acc buff under the sun and sushi to hit them, but you won't be auto-capping it anytime soon.
Thanks for the helpful info and quick responses.
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2013-11-17 09:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Axes are still viable against tojil. Ruinator war crushes UH/Razorfury war.
 Bismarck.Resievil
By Bismarck.Resievil 2013-11-19 18:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Doctorugh said: »
Do you happen to know what the proper axe combo would be?
 Ragnarok.Baconfat
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Baconfat 2013-11-19 21:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Kerehcatl & Hatxiik is the current best combo available to WAR.

My question is which would be more beneficial overall: /DNC for the added benefit of Haste Samba & Box Step, or /NIN for the extra DW tier.
 Bismarck.Resievil
By Bismarck.Resievil 2013-11-19 21:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Baconfat said: »

Kerehcatl & Hatxiik is the current best combo available to WAR.

My question is which would be more beneficial overall: /DNC for the added benefit of Haste Samba & Box Step, or /NIN for the extra DW tier.
I'd have to ask if everyone else is hitting the haste cap because if I were strictly going for my own interest. I'd stick to nin sub, more dual wield and shadows to dodge some hits will always be a plus in my book.
 Bismarck.Davorin
user: Davorin
By Bismarck.Davorin 2013-11-19 21:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Huh?
 Ragnarok.Baconfat
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Baconfat 2013-11-19 22:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Davorin said: »

Huh?

Yeah, I balked at that as well. I've yet to try axes on Tojil, but I destroy him with Razorfury. That 50-25% period when he's weak to slahing, I'm doing 15k Upheavals with MS up. 3-5k during the other phases. I find it hard to believd that axe/axe is pulling ahead by much (if at all).
 Bismarck.Davorin
user: Davorin
By Bismarck.Davorin 2013-11-19 23:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been keeping up also, and iirc, 119 Bravura is a WAR's best weapon aside from 119 Conq.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-11-20 04:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Huh?

Yeah, I balked at that as well. I've yet to try axes on Tojil, but I destroy him with Razorfury. That 50-25% period when he's weak to slahing, I'm doing 15k Upheavals with MS up. 3-5k during the other phases. I find it hard to believd that axe/axe is pulling ahead by much (if at all).

Well prior to the RME being upgraded to 119 Ruin + Axe's did very well on Tojil if your not knocking his aura off. Ruin has a 35% attack bonus, a large amount of fTP and use's a STR mod. That alone makes it the best WS to use if your not capping attack, which you won't on Tojil. Of course it really depends on the amount of buffs your rolling with and now much defense down your able to apply.

I've used it and Ruin is ridiculously powerful in the hands of a WAR. It's a specific tool for a specific job, to deal large damage to an opponent that either has high defense or some form of attack debuff. Now that UF is available without Emp it would take the same place as Ruin for the most part.
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2013-11-20 06:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Huh?

Its possible to hit over 20k with ruminator/MS on weak period. 7k is very typical outside of weak/MS. I recommend trying it out.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-11-20 09:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Huh?

Its possible to hit over 20k with ruminator/MS on weak period. 7k is very typical outside of weak/MS. I recommend trying it out.

DW WAR is often overlooked, but ruinator is most definitely a powerful WS. I still see it as a niche use, though. You CAN get reasonably close to capping attack on nearly everything even if you don't. In those situations, 119 Rag really shines.
 Bismarck.Resievil
By Bismarck.Resievil 2013-11-21 03:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

How do axes currently do outside of the niche tojil? Is it decent enough to be useable on low man stuff whatever the low man stuff is atm. Not looking for the best stuff just wondering if it's usable just for a fun diversion.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-11-21 04:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
How do axes currently do outside of the niche tojil? Is it decent enough to be useable on low man stuff whatever the low man stuff is atm. Not looking for the best stuff just wondering if it's usable just for a fun diversion.

Provided you have the Delve 119 Axe and something decent to off hand (113 sword or 115 axe from WKR) then they work fine. I'm going to assume low man means you won't be getting super buffed and thus the attack bonus actually means something. SE has long since made the ratio cap and accuracy of DW the same as 2H, and only your offhand has the only 2:1 STR:Attack formula. I can see /NIN providing a good balance between offensive and defensive ability for small group stuff.
 Bismarck.Resievil
By Bismarck.Resievil 2013-11-21 05:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Provided you have the Delve 119 Axe and something decent to off hand (113 sword or 115 axe from WKR) then they work fine. I'm going to assume low man means you won't be getting super buffed and thus the attack bonus actually means something. SE has long since made the ratio cap and accuracy of DW the same as 2H, and only your offhand has the only 2:1 STR:Attack formula. I can see /NIN providing a good balance between offensive and defensive ability for small group stuff.
I haven't played in months, so I'm just trying to get a feel for how everything is right now. Having said that I don't even know what there is when it comes low man stuff right now.