Forum » Windower » Support » CRITICAL ERROR: FAILED TO FIND IsInCombat
CRITICAL ERROR: FAILED TO FIND IsInCombat
 Odin.Defiiant
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: legionn
By Odin.Defiiant 2013-10-07 22:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It was just weird because only like 3 people in my shell were experiencing the same thing, everyone else (~20) was fine
 Alexander.Carrelo
Server: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2013-10-07 22:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Spellcast should only cause a crash if you're asking it to do certain things. Trying to use the //sc commands will cause a crash, but the basic gear swapping utility doesn't. You should be fine as long as you're casting spells or using abilities manually. You can also still use the command line, but only if you type everything out as you would have to do in vanilla FFXI--trying to use Spellcast's spell/ability/name abbreviations will crash you (my WHM cries). Accordingly, your ingame macros should contain no //sc commands.

I believe this issue affects everyone equally, but some people will notice problems that others don't because not everyone is asking Spellcast to do the same things. Reinstalling Windower won't fix anything--we just need to wait for updates to resources and stuff. Those will be downloaded automatically when you launch Windower and log into the game. :]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-10-07 23:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Carrelo said: »
Spellcast should only cause a crash if you're asking it to do certain things. Trying to use the //sc commands will cause a crash, but the basic gear swapping utility doesn't. You should be fine as long as you're casting spells or using abilities manually. You can also still use the command line, but only if you type everything out as you would have to do in vanilla FFXI--trying to use Spellcast's spell/ability/name abbreviations will crash you (my WHM cries). Accordingly, your ingame macros should contain no //sc commands.

I believe this issue affects everyone equally, but some people will notice problems that others don't because not everyone is asking Spellcast to do the same things. Reinstalling Windower won't fix anything--we just need to wait for updates to resources and stuff. Those will be downloaded automatically when you launch Windower and log into the game. :]

mine does it at any gear swap. even simply resting using alt-H or L3 on the controller
 Alexander.Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2013-10-07 23:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm... Everyone is definitely experiencing the issue differently, possibly because everyone is using a different xml and trying to do different things with Spellcast. Other addons and plugins could be to blame as well. In any case, everything will hopefully be back to normal soon. :<
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-10-07 23:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Mafai reporting LuaCore, Spellcast, BlinkMeNot all fixed now
[+]
 Odin.Boleslaus
user: boleslaus
By Odin.Boleslaus 2013-10-07 23:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

mine officially broke just unloaded itself
 Odin.Boleslaus
By Odin.Boleslaus 2013-10-08 00:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

fatal errors and unloaded blinkmenot and spellcast
 Alexander.Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2013-10-08 00:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Boleslaus said: »
mine officially broke just unloaded itself
Did you close the game and relaunch windower? I'm no longer noticing the issues I was earlier.
 Odin.Boleslaus
By Odin.Boleslaus 2013-10-08 00:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

yes
 Alexander.Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2013-10-08 00:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

No idea what could be wrong then, hopefully you can get someone more knowledgeable to help you troubleshoot. :<
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-10-08 00:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Rerun the launcher and reload luacore, itemizer, blinkmenot and spellcast. This stuff should all be fixed now.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2013-10-08 00:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Updates have been made and game is running fine. Please update your plugins. Any further posts should be made here concerning any further broken plugins from the update.

Eh, don't mind me. Apparently, it's still having issues but please post here.