2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » Tojil under 25mins
Tojil under 25mins
First Page 2 3 4 5
By Antisense 2013-10-10 06:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Suji said: »
It's not much of a confound unless you think that they would actually give us a haste bonus that's a fraction of a percent. All of the fractional haste values on gear are at least very close to their printed text so I think this is a safe assumption.

Fast Cast's contribution to recast reduction being 1/2, the minimum haste bonus (including fast cast) possible while still seeing a 1 second recast reduction would be 0.66% (6.82/1024) and the maximum would be about 1.32% (13.58/1024) before any flooring.

Since we've never seen any values so far off of the mark percentage-wise and including fast cast forces the observed haste value into this range, it's pretty safe to say that the minor bonus is 1%.

Edit: I read his test again (been a while) and given that he proved it was 12/1024, the "Minor Fastcast" bonus would have to be 0.7% (8/1024) to observe this result so I'll stick to what I said above.

A major oversight on my part was that odd total values of FC do not confer fractional recast reduction (ex: 5 FC gives 2% recast reduction, not 2.5% recast reduction). So the testing I linked to appropriately ignores the FC contribution to recast reduction (and indeed the results as a whole are not possible with non-zero FC recast reduction) if the FC from Ionis at the time was +1.

Since FC recast reduction and Haste recast reduction are distinct multiplicative factors affecting base recast (you do not add them in a common recast reduction term), FC+2 or greater would have to be accounted for (minor Fast Cast should be at least +1 so moderate Fast Cast should be at least +2) if there were even a moderate Haste effect (of which there is no evidence both in the in-game description and in actual testing once FC is considered). Not accounting for Ionis FC and assuming there is a moderate Haste effect may be a reason behind the claims of 2% gear haste.

12/1024 gear haste from Ionis may still apply though
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-10-10 08:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

itchi508 said: »
This is true, i believe the reason is that JP want to learn, practice and go threw trial/error wile attempting.

This is mostly FFXIV experience(since I play on JP server in XIV, I almost always join JP /shout, I play with JPs a bit less in XI) but I doubt the culture is that much different:

JP can be pretty rude/mean if you're new and inexperienced/makes mistake/undergeared and still join a high lv content/speed run, and there's a high risk of getting /blist if you join a high lv content unprepared. Newer ppl tend to tell the pt "It's my first time", then it's a lot more forgivable. If someone is new and don't let the pt know he's new it seems to be disrespectful that way(?)

Sometimes there's "training pt" for beginner leader/pt member, that kind of pt has much higher chance to fail, but the atmosphere is also a lot more forgivable if one person makes mistake.

I think that's the key difference. Their culture is, if you're new and not prepared, you don't join a pt aim for high lv performance. If they want to join high lv performance/speedrun, they'd let leaders know that you're new, then leader may just not invite them or spend extra time communicate with them.

That way most of the pt that's not for beginner/practice run often has very high performance/win rate, because new/unprepared players won't join them to begin with, they'd join practice runs first. In their culture, it seems to be "wrong" to apply for a none practice run/for beginner pt without getting prepared/experience/right gears AND not letting ppl know.

My experience with English PUG in XI is, everyone always list 100 reasons why they're awesome when applying, like "I'm a X job veteran playing since 2004" "My NIN SAM has empy!", but in fact they have 0 clue about the content. Many of them just want an invite(and some ppl will hide any negative aspect of their job so they get an invite), get win, and when the pt can't get win they rage quit and blame everyone else. Many NA also rage on forum/shout if they're undergeared/no proper SJ and got filtered out, once a WHM hate /shout in town because I didn't invite him due to lack of proper SJ. Because of that reason, a lot of NA players with delve experience tend to drag friends/ls member and avoid PUG from leaders they don't know, NA PUG win rate decrease even further due to lack of experienced players in alliance.

To me it seems to be culture difference rather than player and leader quality issue. If every NA/EU new player ask experienced player what'd they need before applying for a PUG, and do a bit of research about the content at least, PUG would probably have higher win rate.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-10-10 09:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
24% haste if in Adoulin (as Ionis provides 2% gear haste this completely caps you to the 25.6% cap)

Gear haste cap is and always will be 256/1024 for exactly 25%, not 25.6 or 26%. The reason for going over 25% is that SE tends to lie on gear by rounding up to the nearest decimal. A piece of gear that says 5% is actually floor(1024 * .05)/1024 or 4.9% haste. A piece that's 3% is actually floor(1024 * .03)/1024 or 2.9% haste. All those decimals add up eventually such that someone with 25% in gear haste is actually a few tenths short. Because of this an item that gives 7% haste would be better then two items that give 3 and 4% respectively (71/1024 vs 70/1024).

Now I remember someone once stating that newer items in SoA were rounding up for haste values instead of down. Ionis seems to indicate this 1.17% (12/1024) vs 1% (10/1024) and 2.3% (24/1024) vs 2% (20/1024).

I know not adding much but I felt I needed to correct the small but extremely common mistake of assuming gear haste cap was some number greater then 25%. At the values we're dealing with now it can actually make a difference.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Server: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2013-10-10 11:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

not enough people know this ^
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2013-10-10 12:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Bukadan said: »
the first NA clear on my server was a rng kill by audacity, then a shout group the following night i made a shout group that lead to the first NA pug win on our server. JPs that we are friendly with were surprised that we were able to do it and congratulated us. this was really early on in delve too.
Wut. The pick up shout was the first NA clear on carby. None of audacity had the titles. I would know, as my mule was waiting outside the fracture while i chilled in west adoulin.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-10-22 16:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say that a win is based on a couple of things, the main one being communication.

Communication entails 3 things.

Discussing, listening, thinking.

You can listen and explain all you like, but if people do not think about it things go bad.

IE: checking which BRD has Higher March gear ~
Ensuring the SCH's communicate and listen to each for stuns if using 2 SCH's
Checking the geo/sch have Twilight cloak.
Dealing with things when someone fails hard and managing to recover.
Listening to people and your past experience with other players.

I met a WHM on Cerberus who was LOL Bad, but I took the time to explain how, and what he needed to do to fix it. It wasn't gear either.

he is now one of the better mages on the server and is closing the gap by improving his gear.

Smart but geared poorly = performs better then
Bought account with epic gear and an idiot.

We need an IQ lodger for the game to find the smart people, a test you do when you create a character. This would help you remove people with IQ 20 and play like a Douche.
[+]
 Odin.Boleslaus
Server: Odin
user: boleslaus
By Odin.Boleslaus 2013-10-22 18:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Quote:
24% haste if in Adoulin (as Ionis provides 2% gear haste this completely caps you to the 25.6% cap)

Gear haste cap is and always will be 256/1024 for exactly 25%, not 25.6 or 26%. The reason for going over 25% is that SE tends to lie on gear by rounding up to the nearest decimal. A piece of gear that says 5% is actually floor(1024 * .05)/1024 or 4.9% haste. A piece that's 3% is actually floor(1024 * .03)/1024 or 2.9% haste. All those decimals add up eventually such that someone with 25% in gear haste is actually a few tenths short. Because of this an item that gives 7% haste would be better then two items that give 3 and 4% respectively (71/1024 vs 70/1024).

Now I remember someone once stating that newer items in SoA were rounding up for haste values instead of down. Ionis seems to indicate this 1.17% (12/1024) vs 1% (10/1024) and 2.3% (24/1024) vs 2% (20/1024).

I know not adding much but I felt I needed to correct the small but extremely common mistake of assuming gear haste cap was some number greater then 25%. At the values we're dealing with now it can actually make a difference.

so what does ionis really give i thought it was alil less then 2%?
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-10-22 18:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Boleslaus said: »
Quote:

so what does ionis really give i thought it was alil less then 2%?

The first tier was tested to be 12/1024 for 1.1% haste, the second tier was believed to be 24/1024.
 Odin.Boleslaus
Server: Odin
user: boleslaus
By Odin.Boleslaus 2013-10-22 19:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

ok so it just above 2
By Spiraboo 2013-10-23 06:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The first tier was tested to be 12/1024 for 1.1% haste, the second tier was believed to be 24/1024.

2nd tier? There's only 1 haste buff in ionis (courier's 2nd floor). courier's bay roof gives crit hit.

Unless anyone can prove otherwise I'd stick with assuming 1% haste from ionis~
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-10-23 07:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It's right there on the Ionis page on bg wiki.

"Bay Roof Moderate Haste Effect"
By Spiraboo 2013-10-23 07:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

JP wiki says otherwise.. http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/28052.html

and someone pointed out earlier in this thread that in game it also says crit hit rate~

So I'm inclined to think that it's a mistake on BGwiki
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-10-23 07:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh. Isn't there an NPC somewhere that says exactly what each building adds to Ionis? I seem to recall something like that.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2013-10-23 07:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

When AF3+1/2 was add some people over at bg did some testing and it showed that the haste formula had been changed so gear haste was slightly higher than what was listed. It seems most on here missed the thread though the spreadsheets that a lot use reflect this change. All the gear since have this updated formula though the old gear still has the old one.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-10-23 07:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »
Isn't there an NPC somewhere that says exactly what each building adds to Ionis?
Found him.

[05:16:46] Civil Registrar : Based on the expansion of the Couriers' Coalition, Ionis provides...
[05:16:46] Civil Registrar : - Minor Haste Effect
[05:16:46] Civil Registrar : - Moderate Accuracy and Magic Accuracy Enhancement
[05:16:46] Civil Registrar : - Moderate Evasion and Magic Evasion Enhancement
[05:16:46] Civil Registrar : - Moderate Critical Hit Rate Increase in addition to its normal benefits.

So I guess it is only 12/1024 still.
By Spiraboo 2013-10-23 07:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for checking! ^^

Yup. sticking to my 1% assumption lol
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-10-23 08:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Baelorn said: »
Asura.Natenn said: »
toxic??? is that a joke? this site is like a barney episode compared to how it use to be...use to be full of player warnings/bad language/ and the good old flame core forum was deleted :(

I think the site is, overall, way more negative than it used to be. Or maybe the playerbase is just more negative but I notice it here more than anywhere else.

I think the site itself is definitely more "safety scissors" for sure.

I don't believe the community is more negative necessarily either. I think that as time went on more and more things were tested / parsed etc and became accepted as fact. If someone said "stacking double attack to infinity and beyond is always the best plan" or "STR always beats DEX regardless of value" there were a small minority of people who would back you up for calling someone out. Now, we readily available acres of information that a good majority of the playerbase has easy access to. The rare "it's my 15$ a month so i do what i want" retard is now far fewer and further between. The idiots who used that as a defense mechanism instead of just saying "ok, I'll learn the principle behind it and better myself" have now: learned it, accepted it and just do what is common knowledge, or are mostly smart enough to be silent if they still refuse.

So yeah I think the community has changed but honestly it's for the best. It's one thing to let people have their own deal when it's trivial but sometimes it's akin to "letting someone try to cure cancer with prayer and no medicine". You can let it happen up to a certain point but after that you SHOULD step in, regardless of how sheltered the person is. If you're playing ffxi (req. credit card) you're more than likely over 18. You're (hopefully) out of high school, where you're going to hear far worse than anyone on this forum is allowed to say (anymore).
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-10-23 09:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

OFFICER, IT'S MY 200$ A MONTH I PAY FOR THIS CAR! I SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO DRIVE 200 MPH WITHOUT MY SEATBELT WITHOUT A BLINDFOLD REGARDLESS OF THE IMPACT ON OTHER DRIVERS OR THE MEDICAL BILLS THE TAXPAYERS WILL INCUR.

huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrr
By Sylfeya 2013-11-07 19:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

How dare you drive without a blindfold!