Locating A Guide For Commonly Used Rules.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » Spellcast Scripting » Other » Locating a guide for commonly used rules.
Locating a guide for commonly used rules.
 Leviathan.Multiabuse
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Multiabuse 2013-10-01 19:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Good afternoon,

I'm having trouble locating any sort of "useful rules for all jobs" repository online, and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. The old windower forums have many broken links, and I imagine most of the content is outdated at this point. I've only been back a couple of months after a prolonged absence from the game, so forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere.

I am really looking for a rule to add to my spellcast that would automatically cast helpful magic on myself if I either A) Had no target or B) The target was hostile, or otherwsie unable to receive helpful magic (enemy, charm, npc, etc). The workaround I have is pretty cumbersome: 2 sets of macros for the same spell, one with the addition of "me" to ensure, while engaged for example, I can haste myself without getting the "you cannot attack that target" message.

It is my sole complaint, and it would remove the my last majot frustration I encounter with spellcast. Thanks again for the help and the good advice.
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-10-01 19:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Individual spellcast authors who have written an XML for more than one job have bundled the multi-job useful runs into their include files. For example, you can find Motenten's rules file here. Some of his rules are specific to how he has all of his XMLs structured so you see their context by looking through all of his XMLs if you're interested. You can find Yugl's include and related files in his pastebin as well.

As for your specific request, I'm not sure but I can say that a common way to deal with that problem by using one macro with some combination of <stpc>, <stpt>, <stal>, <lastst>, etc.