Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » RDM kirin solo and other DD set
RDM kirin solo and other DD set
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-11-04 11:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Magic Evasion will effect it's accuracy, but yeah even with a stacked set and Saboteur Addle it can obviously go *** you and go fully unresisted.

It's the stronger version than the typical Chariot found in Salvage, this Discoid is worth 10,000.

Cocoon shouldn't be needed (I'll have a key soon so I can confirm this myself shortly) so you could /dnc, or alternatively /drk and stun it or keep it from even using a TP move by TP'ing on lamps, and weaponskilling Chariot, throw out the occasional Absorb-TP.
By charlo999 2013-11-04 14:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah didn't know it was stronger. 10k means even a half resist is gonna kill you though. So it looks like stunning or holding tp on it like you said is an option.
Can it be gravitied and nuked down at range though as its only 10'?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-11-04 17:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

charlo999 said: »
Ah didn't know it was stronger. 10k means even a half resist is gonna kill you though. So it looks like stunning or holding tp on it like you said is an option.
Can it be gravitied and nuked down at range though as its only 10'?

I believe PW can draw-in in any form, but you wouldn't need gravity to avoid discoid either way, it's a timed thing with a fairly decent charging time, TP at max distance and be ready to cut and run out of range, it won't chase while it's preparing a TP move.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-11-08 15:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally finished my pop for PW.

It's unfortunate, but I was defeated in his final form, I didn't account for the adds spamming aspir, they sucked me dry in moments.

Despite this, I still believe it can be killed solo as Red Mage, you just cannot leave the adds up, they must be killed as soon as possible.

Other than the aspir barrage in the final form, the rest of it is relatively easy. I'll share some notes for any Red Mage interested.

To start, meds/food used:
Echo Drops
Remedies
Vile Elixir/+1
Tavnazian Taco

For the fight, I subbed Dark Knight. This was a good way to deal with all the Chariots as they all (bar Revelation-Chariot) possess annoying TP moves, in particular the 10,000 value Discoid is almost certain death if he decided to use it. I TP'd on the lamps, and weapon-skilled the Chariot, in addition to Absorbing PW's TP whenever I could and maintaining Stoneskin to lessen TP feed. This method took 4 Requiscats per Chariot (in a near optimal set for Red Mage)

Once each form is defeated, he'll despawn back into Dvergr form, and use Crackle, then Hellsnap before changing into his new form. Have full resist set on for Crackle, the Magic Defense Down is potentially dangerous. Soon as he finishes Crackle, cast Stoneskin, in a decent set you will finish cast and be back in resist/TP set before Hellsnap, not that it really matters for hellsnap anyway. Just be ready for the next form.

The effective use of bar spells per form is recommended:

Chariots; Barparalyze/Barblizzard - Max Paralyze resistance.

Medusa: Barstona/Barpetrify - Max Petrify resistance

Gurfurlur: Barblizzard/Barpetrify - Resistance against his Petrify/Paralyze moves.

Gulool Ja Ja - Baraero/Barsilence - Max resistance against his adds casting silence on you.

Cerberus - Barfire/Barparalyze - For the paralyze/fire abilities.

Khimaira - This depends on where you care to fight him. I wasn't sure if he turns, so I went under the assumption he does. Barstona/Barpetrify - Max resistance against Petrify Breath.

Hydra - Same with Khimaira, depends where you fight him. Again, I went under the assumption he turns for breaths. Barfire/Barparalyze - Resistance against plague and paralyze breath respectively.

On Hydra in particular, maintain stoneskin as well as you can, and kill him as fast as possible. It could be brutal if any of the Dahaks use Full-dispel on you.

Sets used are on my profile, best of luck to anyone who attempts this, it's quite a nice challenge for Red Mage in today's FFXI.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-11-08 15:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I did have two elixir's on me, they were both consumed in the final form. The adds don't seem to possess many spells, and theres eight of them in addition to PW's casts, chances are you will get aspir'd 2-3 times per volley.

They're dark-based, so I assume they'd be rather resistant, but it could be a viable option to /SCH. The only problem is, with the Discoid Chariot, between 3 Requiscats and any TP it gets in between breaking Stoneskin, it will get a move off. If it happened to be Discoid, there's a slim chance of survival. Absorb-TP alleviates the chance of him building enough TP quite drastically.
By charlo999 2013-11-08 15:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I would highly suggest hydra kofte(70 def 150 att) or rabbit pie(100 def 100 att) for this instead of tav taco. I would think the 100-150 att will be much more benifical than the 50-80 def for lessing tpmoves and killing faster.

Btw did you get it low enough to experience astral flow?

Also I wonder if /run would be an option with dark runes for aspir and JA's fplug and vallation for discoid and final forms.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Server: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2013-11-08 15:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

When you get back online ill give you a set since I dont need it anymore and great job!
[+]
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Server: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2013-11-08 15:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

charlo999 said: »
I would highly suggest hydra kofte or rabbit pie for this instead of tav taco. I would think the 100-150 att will be much more benifical than the 50-80 def for lessing tpmoves and killing faster.

Hydra kofte also gives defense which is extremely nice
By charlo999 2013-11-08 15:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

they both give def which is why I said a 50-80 def difference.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-11-08 17:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
I did have two elixir's on me, they were both consumed in the final form. The adds don't seem to possess many spells, and theres eight of them in addition to PW's casts, chances are you will get aspir'd 2-3 times per volley.

They're dark-based, so I assume they'd be rather resistant, but it could be a viable option to /SCH. The only problem is, with the Discoid Chariot, between 3 Requiscats and any TP it gets in between breaking Stoneskin, it will get a move off. If it happened to be Discoid, there's a slim chance of survival. Absorb-TP alleviates the chance of him building enough TP quite drastically.
I bet swapping to baqil staff stone I spam would make chariot a joke and safer/faster than requisecat?

Don't nukes still give 10tp to the mob? seems like that would be a death wish.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-11-08 17:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
no idea but you're probably right with 10 tp, blizzard IV with a mab setup and hailstorm obi kill it fast enough you think?

It's been a long time since nuking was an effective method for RDM, and you can't really kite a mob that draws in.

Even with a pretty top tier nuking set, magian staff, /sch and obi's I had trouble breaking 2K on anything worth soloing. TPing on the adds and WSing the boss is probably your best bet for dealing with the chariots, anyway. IDK if a chainspell nukefest would be effective on the final form.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-11-08 17:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

no idea but you're probably right with 10 tp, blizzard IV with a mab setup and hailstorm obi kill it fast enough you think?

It's been a long time since nuking was an effective method for RDM, and you can't really kite a mob that draws in.

Even with a pretty top tier nuking set, magian staff, /sch and obi's I had trouble breaking 2K on anything worth soloing. TPing on the adds and WSing the boss is probably your best bet for dealing with the chariots, anyway. IDK if a chainspell nukefest would be effective on the final form.
was that with the mab+ ~140 augment on full hagondes? sounds really low

No, lol, that's Nares/AF3 era, I'm sure it's a fair bit higher now. But, melee damage has improved at least as much and it was better at that point, too.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-11-08 18:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
nuking dmg has moved far past melee dmg in general actually thanks to hagondes set and all the options we have now, I would at least give it a shot if had a trig

Don't forget to record it!
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-11-08 19:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

A staff+nuke would be a dangerous alternative for a number of reasons.

1) The adds can hit up to 50 each on a non-shield block with Beatific Shied (This is also accounting for alot of PDT on for the majority of the time). This kind of damage will add up quickly, not to mention break your Stoneskins far quicker thus feeding unwanted TP.

2) With no shield blocks, spells have the potential to be interrupted frequently, pending on the spell of course, Beatific Shield greatly alleviates these chances.

3) You will get annihilated in the final form without full time MDT, Beatific caps you very easily with that and just Shell V, naturally.

4) TP fed via nukes is pretty big, massive for T1's, as Jassik states.

In in all, the DPS you sacrifice in order to nuke over Buramenk'ah +Req (and the survivability) is significant, with a nuking setup you'd need to swap in defensive equipment, or even fulltime the demanding amounts as you nuke, ultimately lowering your DPS.

Beatific shield blocks extremely often, /DRK I had Shield Mastery III, with the adds all hitting me, my TP was going up extremely fast.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-11-08 19:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Defending ring twilight torque 6 6 dark ring shell V full hagondes with mab+26-29 and pdt 4 on each piece pdt earrings

Best possible dmg nukes capped mdt capped pdt /shrug still using ice obi and twilight cape

But yeah good point with shield blocks. the extreme evasion on full hagondes should be pretty helpful plus you can always blind-ga right? And keep aquaviel up hmmm

It may work, I'd encourage you to try it, it's just going to be adding extra difficulty to an already difficult fight. The adds will eat your SS and AV very quickly. I'd imagine Kenru's attempt took a lot of focus and timing with casts.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-11-08 19:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

To my surprise, they were fairly accurate, but this wasn't with them being blinded of course. Keep up Ice Spikes aswell, and Aquaviel is a good tool but can sometimes be an annoyance to maintain in situations like these.

If you don't have a Buramenk'ah+Req, then you could maybe try it this way, but honestly? it gets made alot harder this way, and potentially an easy way to die on Discoid Chariot. As someone whose recently attempted it, I strongly advise against this method, but if you can make it happen, I'd be doublely impressed.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-11-08 20:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Hearing interrupting as a problem surprised me with how crazy high we are stat skill wise and level wise, before you posted ken I would have though aquaviel was wasted here lol and just thrown on 80% fc gear for some of these spells

PW is no slouch, even at 99+whatever level y'all are now. Really, it's the adds, if you can deal with them, PW is mostly a pushover.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-11-08 20:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Last time I fought him was 90 or 95, and it was pretty rough with a mostly unprepared alliance.