Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » Azdaja advice?
Azdaja advice?
By Zoltar 2013-09-17 10:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

For a NIN/DNC, (evasion + blink tank solo) is this pretty straight-forward? Fight from behind and whack away?

Bring holy waters and remedies and kill asap? I haven't fought this personally in ages, curious if he still has that dispel move that knocks atma/gear off

Thanks
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-09-17 10:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

NIN/DRK. Stun -ga IV spells. Subbing DRK also grants you a lot more Red Proc WSs as opposed to /DNC for the Bugard NM assuming you plan on doing multiple kills. Normal TP is fine; don't need an evasion set. I farmed up a set of Wieldance Coins without ever needing a Lucid Potion of any kind the entire session with just Mounted Champion Atma as my only source of healing. Dispel will only get rid of your cruor buffs if it actually lands now (won't dispel if absorbed by Utsusemi like it used to). And yeah, make sure you're fighting from behind.
By Zoltar 2013-09-17 11:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks! No /drk unfortunately though, hoping I can stun with VF too. If any miss I'm hoping the magic evasion from new gear will minimalize damage...
By itchi508 2013-09-17 11:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Zoltar said: »
For a NIN/DNC, (evasion + blink tank solo) is this pretty straight-forward? Fight from behind and whack away?

Bring holy waters and remedies and kill asap? I haven't fought this personally in ages, curious if he still has that dispel move that knocks atma/gear off

Thanks
Multiple jobs can solo him now with delve gear. Its a utter joke. Nin/dnc u wont even need holy waters i soloed rest of my 40 horns in 1day never used my waters. Can even fight him right on pop site, it will give you something to do wile you mindlessly bash azdaja. fighting any aggro skeletons are not even a annoyance they are so weak. Plus they can drop gold boxes with a KI ^^
Any aga casted you can stun or just take it with MD/Meva set only hits for 200dmg. Breakga lasted maybe 15 sec when it landed. 90% of time resisted everything from sleepga breakga silencga.
Solo him in about 2-3min from behind of course. & fyi spike flail misses everytime.

Alternately you could either blu and do CW for amber boxs or Nin Aedge boxes on skeletons & just pop him back to back. (This is what i did And popped 8 in a row from lucky Gold boxs)
Claiming Deelgeed will be your only downfall on farming even if the zone is empty. You will have 8-12 min of down time after killing azdaja.
I main the Kiji & off handed a Kannakiri wearing manibozo/otronif, doing 4-7k blade jins. RR SS VV

Only need to Stun Baleful roar. Azdaja casting Dispel is just dispel it does not take cruor/atma buffs. Baleful roar does.
Let all the rest go threw he does nothing dangerous. Even if you get baleful roared hes still a joke & wont have a issue finishing him.
Goodluck & have fun!
Ps: bring a brew, not for azdaja, but for huge fast Aedge spam on skeletons if your cruor is not a issue. You wont need to use brew azdaja its a waist.
By Zoltar 2013-09-17 13:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Good info, thanks for all the advice!

I'm gonna try this shortly with 2x Kiji and Otronif gear. I was worried about needing MC for regen/def but if he misses that much I guess it won't be necessary.I'll have to keep an eye out for baleful roar, good call

Thanks again!
 Shiva.Sdragon
Server: Shiva
user: sdragon
By Shiva.Sdragon 2013-09-17 14:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

dnc/nin from behinde
 Odin.Boleslaus
Server: Odin
user: boleslaus
By Odin.Boleslaus 2013-09-17 15:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

i did nin/war thf/nin in party with a whm out of party and tail tanked him whm wont get hit by any spells or tp moves
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2013-09-17 16:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

itchi508 said: »
Zoltar said: »

Thanks
Multiple jobs can solo him now with delve gear. Its a utter joke. Nin/dnc u wont even need holy waters i soloed rest of my 40 horns in 1day never used my waters. Can even fight him right on pop site, it will give you something to do wile you mindlessly bash azdaja. fighting any aggro skeletons are not even a annoyance they are so weak. Plus they can drop gold boxes with a KI ^^
Any aga casted you can stun or just take it with MD/Meva set only hits for 200dmg. Breakga lasted maybe 15 sec when it landed. 90% of time resisted everything from sleepga breakga silencga.
Solo him in about 2-3min from behind of course. & fyi spike flail misses everytime.

Alternately you could either blu and do CW for amber boxs or Nin Aedge boxes on skeletons & just pop him back to back. (This is what i did And popped 8 in a row from lucky Gold boxs)
Claiming Deelgeed will be your only downfall on farming even if the zone is empty. You will have 8-12 min of down time after killing azdaja.
I main the Kiji & off handed a Kannakiri wearing manibozo/otronif, doing 4-7k blade jins. RR SS VV

Only need to Stun Baleful roar. Azdaja casting Dispel is just dispel it does not take cruor/atma buffs. Baleful roar does.
Let all the rest go threw he does nothing dangerous. Even if you get baleful roared hes still a joke & wont have a issue finishing him.
Goodluck & have fun!
Ps: bring a brew, not for azdaja, but for huge fast Aedge spam on skeletons if your cruor is not a issue. You wont need to use brew azdaja its a waist.
Did you blink every dispel? If dispel actually hits you and isn't blinked, it will remove 1 buff in addition to your cruor buffs.
 Leviathan.Klue
Server: Leviathan
user: klue
By Leviathan.Klue 2013-09-17 16:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I've solo'd a few times with MNK/DNC for that bard dagger... and my MNK isn't that well geared tbh (just oats really).

Fight from behind, boxstep, stun big spells, bring some holy water incase the offchance doom does go off (rare), profit... ez game
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-09-17 19:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

PUP Solo >.>

Easiest way

or get 6 pops (6 ppl) > POP > WF Brew all 6 in 1 brew (Might be fastest way to get all 75 horns in 1 day)
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-17 19:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
PUP Solo >.>

Easiest way

or get 6 pops (6 ppl) > POP > WF Brew all 6 in 1 brew (Might be fastest way to get all 75 horns in 1 day)

Since you can't lock brew anymore, you'd have to stand on the pop site, and even then you can only pop 3 per minute. You COULD brew 6+ with one brew if people were well organized and you were 2 shotting them. Still, there isn't much reason to brew him anymore since they've fixed the dispel and all the new gear.
By Zoltar 2013-09-20 08:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I was able to solo with mild difficulty as nin/dnc

A couple times he spun around on me but I think it was due to my controller freaking out. Had no idea Deelgeed was so damn easy now. Even if Petrification lands he'll miss so much it won't matter. I actually think Azdaja hit me less/stripped shadows