VIP
By Kalila 2013-09-03 20:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

09-03-2013 01:12 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Hello,

In patch 2.1, we’ll be adding a "deposit only" authority setting for company chests, which you can set depending on a member’s rank.

Additionally, to go along with feature we are also planning to make it possible to view a deposit and withdrawal history.
[+]
By Quiznor 2013-09-03 21:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Is patch 2.1 tonight? Or is he just talking about "down the line,when patch 2.1 actually hits"?

Camate and his usual wording stuff funny!
VIP
By Kalila 2013-09-03 21:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Tonight isn't a version update, just maintenance.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2013-09-04 01:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

this was needed so bad! glad to see it happen
By Enuyasha 2013-09-04 01:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
09-03-2013 01:12 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Hello,

In patch 2.1, we’ll be adding a "deposit only" authority setting for company chests, which you can set depending on a member’s rank.

Additionally, to go along with feature we are also planning to make it possible to view a deposit and withdrawal history.
omgawd i needed this for my FC ;A; I want members to donate but i dont want to give random dudefaces access to wipe my FC out.
VIP
By Kalila 2013-09-04 01:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

could someone explain to a newbie like me why this is a big deal? :<
By sumo 2013-09-04 02:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

By the sounds of it, they are adding an option that allows Free Company leaders the ability to keep members from withdrawing anything from a company chest. This helps maintain the security of the chest contents from would be thieves inside the company.
The history would be a nice addition for leaders and members alike to keep an eye on the transactions of each member. Another small step in the direction of added security.
By Enuyasha 2013-09-04 02:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

sumo said: »
By the sounds of it, they are adding an option that allows Free Company leaders the ability to keep members from withdrawing anything from a company chest. This helps maintain the security of the chest contents from would be thieves inside the company.
The history would be a nice addition for leaders and members alike to keep an eye on the transactions of each member. Another small step in the direction of added security.
Exactly this. It also helps me know who is mostly taking and not giving back. I still dont know who took like 50 crystals out of the company chest and didnt put them back >_<'
By Quiznor 2013-09-04 03:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »
sumo said: »
Exactly this. It also helps me know who is mostly taking and not giving back. I still dont know who took like 50 crystals out of the company chest and didnt put them back >_<'

It was me
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2013-09-04 10:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
could someone explain to a newbie like me why this is a big deal? :<

Basically my FC is saving money for some badass housing when it becomes available. The only issue is your rank from within the FC had to basically be max to even deposit money. This made it a problem because I have new members that say they want to throw into the pot but in order to do so they would have all the powers associated with that rank, including withdrawing the money.

Not that I don't trust people I let in, but crazier things have happened in XI. So now people will be able to deposit without the increased rank, which is awesome!