Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)
Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22
 Asura.Poupee
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Lian
By Asura.Poupee 2014-02-28 10:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

What armor is this npc wearing!?
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXIV
user: Hitetsu
By Kin Zoku 2014-03-16 07:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the stat bonus from gear going to summon extend to Materia aswell? Also, is it ALL stats? Or just STR/VIT/INT, etc?

EDIT: Answered one of my own questions >_> VIT Materia works for summons D: Anyone know about DET/Crit, etc?
 Siren.Blackroses
Server: Siren
By Siren.Blackroses 2014-03-22 23:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

On which day does 2.2 Maelstrom hits ground again? 24th or 27th? TY
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2014-03-23 07:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

27th
By Kin Zoku 2014-03-31 06:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

What kind of Accuracy does a BLM need to sleep everything (or as much as is sleepable) in WP?

My friends and I were trying our first speedrun of it last night, I was BLM and could barely sleep anything at first. I resisted on everything 5 times in a row, before we'd all wiped.

After trying that a few more times, we did it slowly and I had no real issues. Was I doing something horribly wrong? Atm I have 437 Accuracy, without food.
Server: Sargatanas
By Kalyna Maimhov 2014-04-03 07:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Kin Zoku said: »
What kind of Accuracy does a BLM need to sleep everything (or as much as is sleepable) in WP?

My friends and I were trying our first speedrun of it last night, I was BLM and could barely sleep anything at first. I resisted on everything 5 times in a row, before we'd all wiped.

After trying that a few more times, we did it slowly and I had no real issues. Was I doing something horribly wrong? Atm I have 437 Accuracy, without food.
I don't think you should be having a problem with that much ACC. Did you sleep them once already? Beceause it will say it resisted when they're already asleep. Also, are you sleeping the right mobs? Last time I did it, it went like this (assuming PLD, WHM, BLM, BRD)

First mob (tonberry + 2x hunters) - BLM Swiftcast sleep while PLD pulls up to the wandering Tonberry. BLM and BRD AoE spam to kill while healer spam cures and PLD flash spams. PLD then pulls the rest. BLM sleeps those and you only kill the 2 tonberries NOT USING AOEs. Once you kill them, the mobs will awaken so you sleep again then run into and start the first boss. If you can't sleep, have brd pull the boss while the PLD is blocking the mobs from entering the boss room. Once it's locked, the mobs will deagro and go back to their spots.

After first boss, pull everything and kill in the last room. After that pull skellies, ghosts and either voke pull or have brd grab the 2 tonberries and AoE fight them either on stairs or east of that skelly room's exit so you don't agro the damn big tonberry.

Then after that, PLD grabs the 2 mobs that's by the last lever thing while one DD opens that one. Once everythings open, run to boss room, have brd pull boss while tank keeps the 2 mobs at the boss entrance (the purple barrier so he's in room while mobs are out) WHM should Holy the adds at the boss.

After boss, pld pulls first without spawning the big tonberry (aka not going all the way up the stairs) and fight them at the bottom of the stairs (AOE spam again). Then after that pull everything else and AoE spam it all (can't sleep undead)

Final boss: WHM Holy spams adds (I usually throw regen on pld) while dd burn boss.

The first part you might have to split them into 3 (birds + beetles then the wandering Tonberry, few birds, pugils and slugs and then the last hallway mobs, that way is slower tho)

[tl;dr] So for sleep, only sleep the boss-hallway mobs of the first part. That's the last thing i remember while SRing WP. And you can not sleep the undead.
[+]
By Kin Zoku 2014-04-03 10:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Kalyna, much appreciate the quick walkthrough :D

I hadn't had any luck sleeping them at all at first, I put the first couple down to unlucky 5%'s (I'm still assuming there's a 5% chance to "miss", like in XI) - but 3, 4 and 5 misses in a row stopped being coincidental imo.

If memory serves me right, we'd pulled pretty much all the mobs, leading up to the yellow coffer dot on here (just before KOH room).

Just as we got inside the room, I'd popped Swiftcast and hit sleep, resisted and continued to spam it as fast as I could. At that point we had every mob possible, so I just put it down to "you can't sleep that many mobs" when we did it the slow way.
By Kalyna Maimhov 2014-04-03 11:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Pulling all the mobs isn't usually a good idea anyways. You might be able to do it in 2 pulls tho. (Safe way is 3)

The 2 pull one is pull up to the non-coffer room and kill. 2nd pull is to the door and sleep.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2014-04-15 11:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Was there supposed to be a code for the CE items in the PS4 CE? I was planning to give it to someone else but I only have one code in it so wondering if it gets sent out separate after registering the game to your PS4 or if hes out of luck?
By Kalyna Maimhov 2014-04-15 11:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »
Was there supposed to be a code for the CE items in the PS4 CE? I was planning to give it to someone else but I only have one code in it so wondering if it gets sent out separate after registering the game to your PS4 or if hes out of luck?
Looking at the store, I think it's only if you buy the physical version and not the digital download. (looking at the pricing: digital is $60 while physical is $80)
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2014-04-15 11:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalyna Maimhov said: »
Looking at the store, I think it's only if you buy the physical version and not the digital download. (looking at the pricing: digital is $60 while physical is $80)
It is the physical CE I have if that was not clear.
By Kalyna Maimhov 2014-04-15 11:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

if you're talking about the cait sith doll, it seems like as long as your friend plays ffxiv on ps3, he can use the code.

Quote:
* To receive in-game bonus items, pre-order codes must be registered via the PlayStation®Store.
* Pre-order codes are valid until August 31, 2014.
* Users who pre-ordered the Windows® or PlayStation®3 version of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn and received the Cait Sith doll minion and Moogle Cap bonus items will not receive additional bonuses for pre-ordering the PlayStation®4 version.
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/product/
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2014-04-15 11:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

if you're talking about the cait sith doll, it seems like as long as your friend plays ffxiv on ps3, he can use the code.

Quote:
* To receive in-game bonus items, pre-order codes must be registered via the PlayStation®Store.
* Users who pre-ordered the Windows® or PlayStation®3 version of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn and received the Cait Sith doll minion and Moogle Cap bonus items will not receive additional bonuses for pre-ordering the PlayStation®4 version.

Quote:
CE items

Meaning Fat chocobo, moogle doll etc... Not trying to be rude but can you read the post if you are going to answer.
By Kalyna Maimhov 2014-04-15 11:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Quote:
CE items

Meaning Fat chocobo, moogle doll etc... Not trying to be rude but can you read the post if you are going to answer.
I don't think those items are codes. I think they're bound by security key seeing that I got those via my 1.0 CE that I don't think had codes for the rest of the items.
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2014-04-20 11:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

How do i link my account on here with my server on 14.also how do i get the npc to let me get people to list things on the marketplace for me.
By Kalyna Maimhov 2014-04-22 09:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kawar said: »
How do i link my account on here with my server on 14.also how do i get the npc to let me get people to list things on the marketplace for me.
http://www.ffxivpro.com/members/chars
or
while on ffxivpro, go to the top right, a drop down menu appears. go to characters. go to add. then you have to log onto your character on the lodestone website, paste the code you got from ffxivpro to your character, and within a few minutes to hours (even days depending on how busy it is) you have your character linked.

I did have trouble finding where to post the code tho.

As for your second question, what do you mean "get the npcs to list things on the marketplace"? You mean you want to sell stuff? You need a retainer for that and it's in the retainer menu. Do you mean "I'd like this item and will pay x for it" type thing? I don't know exactly how to do that but you'd think it'd be something like adding it via the item search.
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2014-04-22 16:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

to follow up to my question the retainer npc or if you want to call it retainer master wont give me a retainer it says something like i do not know who you are and your poor.

also is there a wiki that explains crafting.
 Lakshmi.Ihzuna
Server: Lakshmi
user: Ihzuna
By Lakshmi.Ihzuna 2014-04-22 19:03:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kawar said: »
to follow up to my question the retainer npc or if you want to call it retainer master wont give me a retainer it says something like i do not know who you are and your poor.

also is there a wiki that explains crafting.

You don't get access to hire a Retainer until you reach a certain point in the Main Story. I think it's the first quest that takes you to the Waking Sands, after the first 3 dungeons but before Ifrit story mode.

As far as crafting goes I've been referencing this thread:
The crafting thread.

it has alot of useful info and is updated frequently.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22