Forum » FFXI » Servers » Leviathan » Bored
Bored
 Leviathan.Yasahiro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: yasahiro
By Leviathan.Yasahiro 2009-07-16 23:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

bored trying to complete missions bastok 9-1, zilart 5, ToAu 15 the black coffin, COP 4-2, and quest. I'm only lvl 68 war for now and I dont really know all that is in the game to do as of yet so mentors and people up for anything are welcomed. /tell Yasahiro
 Fairy.Azulmagia
Server: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-07-17 00:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, first things first would be to get your WAR to 75. The hard truth is that if you're not 75, you're going to have a hard time getting groups for stuff.

Look into endgame activities, like Dynamis (not that WAR relic is amazing...), Limbus, Einherjar, Assault, and if you're gutsy, Salvage.
[+]
 Bismarck.Verace
Server: Bismarck
user: Verace
By Bismarck.Verace 2009-07-17 01:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

lol i love how "Mentors" allways get asked for missions and such. sad truth is they are just there for GAME QUESTIONS. my advice find a good LS work on 75 merits etc before atempting things like CoP gl and have fun ^^
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-17 01:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd have to disagree on CoP, you can get started on CoP as early as level 30, and really isn't any harder/easier to do once you hit 75, it's all just a matter of finding the right people to help.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
Server: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-07-17 01:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
I'd have to disagree on CoP, you can get started on CoP as early as level 30, and really isn't any harder/easier to do once you hit 75, it's all just a matter of finding the right people to help.

While true, when putting a group together, people are likely to take a merited 75 job (as some merits do apply when capped) versus someone who isn't 75 yet. Experience plays a role in setting up groups for events/missions/quests.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-17 01:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm, you make a good point. I generally take the stance that you may as well attempt it though, someone that is good at their job won't notice much of a difference with merits at the lower levels, and there's no way of telling who's gonna be good or not until it comes to fighting whichever boss you're up to (by which time it's too late and you're stuck with them). Plus, I'm like the only person I've ever heard of that had Rajas ring before I hit 75.
 Odin.Karusan
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-07-17 03:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeh but Blaz you're a dork. You're the only person I know that had sea access before you had sky access.
 Odin.Ahligieri
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-07-17 03:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Most people's starter endgame are dynamis and sky. As a melee you'll want to be 75 and merited (as much as you can put up with) before you get involved with those; and make sure to have nin thf and sam subjobs available to you.

Sky requires you getting further into Zilart (mission 12 is it?), but that can be done in a day. You should already have Dynamis access - lvl 65 and rank 6 are the requirements, I believe. Search for good shells through people that you know, that already do these activities. Don't join a shell that's shouting. If they have to shout, there's a reason for it. And it's not a good one.

Don't join a sky ls that's not a point system. And for the love of god, save up for Byakko's Haidate first and get that out of the way. You'll thank yourself for it. Hecatomb gear is good too, but if it were me I'd only lot heca gear if the result of that DIDN'T push me back for haidate. Most stuff from dynamis for warrior isn't that great, so don't bust your balls trying to get any of it. Except maybe warrior's stone.

Finish CoP to get rajas ring and brutal earring. Top notch pieces that will never leave their slots. Ever.

There's plenty of other endgame that you'll eventually want to do, but those things I mentioned are probably the most valuable to you at the moment.

P.S. Switch the byrnie for a haubergeon ~_^
 Odin.Ahligieri
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-07-17 03:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Karusan said:
Yeh but Blaz you're a dork. You're the only person I know that had sea access before you had sky access.

I also had sea access before sky access. Like Blaz, BLU was my first 75, so I was focused on CoP a hell of a lot more than ZM lol.
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-07-17 04:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously not being on your server I can't help with any of your missions, but I can continue the derail about EG.

Dynamis is only worth it for certain jobs. War isn't 1 of them imo.

The relic legs make a nice WS piece for SC, other than that all the pieces enhance your JAs (and not in a useful way). Better gear can be bought of the AH for WAR than Relic.

Get into a sky shell and get Byakko's Hidate, Genbu's Hat, N.feet and N.hands.

Sea doesn't offer much for WAR either (lolAF doesn't get much better for HQing it) and WAR can't wear Homam. So you can only really get Jailer torques and weapons.