New Skirmish Gear Effects
First Page 2
 Odin.Shuinam
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Tyrael
By Odin.Shuinam 2013-08-28 12:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

So as there is no guide for DRG, I wanted to start some discussion on hwo the new gear (and various augments) have effected DRG's TP/Jump/Ws sets (and possibly WS usage).

Some pieces that have been on my mind are:

Cizin Mufflers w/DA augment for TP
Cizin Breeches(?) w/DA aug for Stardiver
Cizin Breeches(?) w/Crit Rate aug for Drakesbane
Cizin Breeches(?) w/DA OR crit rate augment for Jumps
Cizin Greaves w/DA augment Vs Whirlpool/M15
Cizin Greaves w/DA OR crit rate augment for Jumps

and what your a currently usign for tp sets (16 pieces) versus what is "best." What pieces are relvenat and which can be burried away (Ares' +1?)
By Ophannus 2013-08-28 13:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

My overall reaction is meh.

Hands could be a good TP piece if you eat Carbonara and have DA augments. This will let you also use Cizin feet with DA augments for more DA ownage. Since we have so much ATT/ACC, losing a few acc/attk from switching out Mikinaak for Cizin won't be missed and DA is actually more valuable.

As for Jumps...idk.
For legs you'd still want to pretty much always use Lancer's Cuissots. It gives +10% damage in addition to an untested amount of +Attack%. Having 2-3% DA would not make up that lost damage to be honest. As for feet, again you'd want AF3 for Spirit Jump for the extra TP; for Soul Jump you could feasibly use Cizin for +DA(Up to 5-6% total DA during Jumps) or rock Huginn for 10% damage(20% total with AF3 feet). Personally I think 20% damage beats a combined 6-8% DA, but it depends on your other sets. You wouldn't want Crit Rate on any Cizin for Jumps since Jumps crit always anyway with Wyvern out, unless you mean old Jumps which begs the question, why even use those? If ATT/ACC are capped Cizin's 3% DA will beat M15/Whirlpool for TP.

The real winner here is Cizin Legs with DA+3%/Attack+10 which are probably the best Stardiver legs unless you're starved for Attack which then PathA-Mikinaak may win. To be honest Cizin gear is mostly a sidegrade in terms of TP/WS/Jump set, but it's phenomenal as a hybrid TP/PDT set. Even though say the Cizin Legs with 3% PDT is less than Phorcys' 5% PDT, Cizin boasts almost double the defense, like 20+ VIT, a crapload of Evasion/Magic Evasion and has 4% haste. The same goes for the rest. If your MDT is capped then Cizin with PDT augments will beat out Ogiers/phorcys pieces for PDT just due to the sheer +VIT/DEF/EVA/MEVA. Remember since the Defense update, a large amount of defense is virtually like PDT. Just some napkin math using hypothetical numbers but lets just say with 500 defense and 50% PDT a mob hits you for 110, but with 800 defense and 37% PDT a mob may hit you for 85%. With 5/5 Cizin/Mikinaak, you can rock 700+ defense unbuffed pretty easily lol.
By dedrummer000 2013-08-28 14:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

body is nice for a free way to get 25 str on a body without speding all the plasm and gil on lixers for mikinaak, hands work out in a tp set to rep ogier's, (most 5 hits put u have 55 stp when you only need 50) then you have extra haste if u wanna use cizin feet to tp in, if you were using empy feet you actually get more acc then, with the added boost of a ton more def evasion and magic evasion. as said before though, the legs are the real winner.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-08-28 15:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cizin greaves will most certainly beat out Phorcys Schuhs every time for pdt - as it also doubles in the defence department (as Ophannus already stated), there's is a minimal difference of PDT-2% between them. On top of that, it can be augmented with acc or DA, on top of everything else. If you were really lucky with augments, you could get a PDT-4%, which closes the gap even further.

Mikinaak armor is some of the best for WS in it's path. Barring that, it's pretty easy to augment the skirmish armor, and obtain some verdigris stones - albeit sometimes expensive.

Have the Cizin Greaves been tested to work on Spirit and Soul Jump? Hrafn Gambieras is more likely obtainable due to the damning price of ormolu ingots (at least on Bismarck) and the lack of Onyx Sollerets, among the various materials to make them, so I wouldn't bank on a HQ. Still, the NQ version has crit hit damage +9%.
 Odin.Shuinam
By Odin.Shuinam 2013-08-28 16:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I really want to use the hands badly, but i havnt seen any combination yet that tops ares' +1 hands/legs using AF3+2 body. If cizin mufflers have DA+2 then you could lose ares'1 gauntlets +1 freeing up the grip for pole/duplus possibly.
 Odin.Shuinam
By Odin.Shuinam 2013-08-28 16:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

TP (@39STP)
ItemSet 309556

WS
ItemSet 308740
 Leviathan.Vow
Server: Leviathan
user: woVow
By Leviathan.Vow 2013-08-28 18:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

This was the highest damaging set I found using Motenten's spreadsheet:
ItemSet 312013

ItemSet 312015

Double attack augments assumed.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sanriku
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sanriku
By Quetzalcoatl.Sanriku 2013-08-28 18:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Vow said: »
ItemSet 312013

ItemSet 312015

Question about set #2...

Wouldn't Yao Helm beat Oto +1 unless on appropriate day?

Also, does that assume Miki set is R15 path A? Cause I feel like feet would either be Cizin greaves (grrr, stupid names, the feet) or even Gorney sollerets, no?
 Leviathan.Vow
By Leviathan.Vow 2013-08-28 18:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, Mekira-Oto +1 on appropriate days only.

Yes, R15 path A.
 Odin.Shuinam
By Odin.Shuinam 2013-08-28 20:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Vow said: »
ItemSet 312013

ItemSet 312015

Correct me if I am wrong, but i believe for 492 delay using stardiver for a return of 20stp, 36 stp is required (39-40 for true depending on ws gear) and the set you provided has 34.

I also have yet to see a scenario where mikinaak greaves would beat out whirpool greaves on the spreadsheet for tp, unless ofc if your using if your set needs them for the STP property.
By Ophannus 2013-08-28 23:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Need 20.2 TP per hit to 5 hit with a 3 hit stardiver I believe.

I use Gorney for PDT/Hybrid for now till I can get good greaves augments.

the Jump: Double Attack+3% ought to work on Spirit/Soul Jump as Vogier's Contus has Jump: Enhances Double Attack and works on all Jumps.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2013-08-29 02:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I would also point out you can have some interesting new tp sets when you take into account the 1-2% gear haste you get from ionis for all the new content.
By Ophannus 2013-08-29 10:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Enif Body is worth looking at again now that we can use Carbonara for +6 STP, it probably beats out Plackart.
 Odin.Shuinam
By Odin.Shuinam 2013-08-29 12:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
Enif Body is worth looking at again now that we can use Carbonara for +6 STP, it probably beats out Plackart.

Carbonara over RCB? In the build with Cizin Body, I would rather use enif body as it provides ample accuranccy, equivalent haste, but boasts the 2%QA. I would have to spreadsheet to compare. Once i get home ill start mashing numbers again.

Cizin looks like the way to go for having a haste capped pdt/hybrid set. High Def, -4% poosible PDT on each piece with other augments to boot.
By Ophannus 2013-08-29 15:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

RCB is superfluous with the +skill update and all the +ATK buffs and -DEF debuffs we have available. The +6 STP will allow flexibile gear changes whereas you're virtually capped attack on current content with rolls/songs/dia/angon/geomancy.
[+]
 Odin.Shuinam
By Odin.Shuinam 2013-09-06 15:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so what is the verdict on best tp/ws sets (endgame)?
 Leviathan.Vow
By Leviathan.Vow 2013-09-06 15:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
I would also point out you can have some interesting new tp sets when you take into account the 1-2% gear haste you get from ionis for all the new content.

I forgot about Ionis. The best I could come up with, assuming 2% haste, was to switch the legs to Calmecac Trousers.

Odin.Shuinam said: »
Correct me if I am wrong, but i believe for 492 delay using stardiver for a return of 20stp, 36 stp is required (39-40 for true depending on ws gear) and the set you provided has 34.

I also have yet to see a scenario where mikinaak greaves would beat out whirpool greaves on the spreadsheet for tp, unless ofc if your using if your set needs them for the STP property.

Sorry, I saw this but never got around to replying.

The set has 37 Store TP, and relies heavily on the 5 Store TP from Mikinaak.

The real question isn't how much Store TP is required to five hit, but how much Store TP is required to five hit X% of the time. The set I posted is a five hit if all four hits of stardiver land (19.6+80.8), but it's also a five hit under other circumstances: multi-attacks on weaponskills have a large impact, as does Conserve TP.
What really matters is the amount of damage done per second, though, and X-hits aren't really a foolproof indicator of that. For example, a "true" five hit is often beaten by a set that only reaches a five hit some percentage of the time. This is usually due to favorable trade offs between Store TP and other stats, but is also helped by Stardiver's damage being affected by TP. The gap between a set that is a five hit 100% of the time and a set that is a five hit 90% of the time is closed a little by the extra damage Stardiver does from one extra round of TP hits 10% of the time in the second set.

Here's a graph of Stardiver damage/second vs. TP/hit relative to 10.2 TP/hit. It assumes a 16 TP base return, capped accuracy and 7% double attack on weaponskills (I miscounted). I don't guarantee it's 100% accurate, as I had some difficulty accounting for multi-attacks on weaponskills. It does account for over TP rounds, though.

The break near 20.0 TP occurs at 20.1 TP/hit, which isn't actually obtainable with a 13.3 TP/hit polearm (51 TP gives 20, 52 gives 20.2, etc.). You do get steady increases beyond 20.2 TP/hit, but Motenten's spreadsheet shows that the benefit of other gear outweighs gains from Store TP.
Adding double attack, or realistic amounts of higher tier multi-attack, has no affect on where the jump between 20.0 and 20.1 occurs, but does affect the scale.

Enif body does outdo the Cizin body under a lot of circumstances. I've been using it since the Skirmish augment system is the worst thing since the last random augment system they added. I think you're probably attack capped on everything but Tojil with Carbonara if you're properly buffed, which may not always be the case. A post on BG:
Quote:
The most attack I could get with Mikinaak R15, Minuet 4/5 and corsair roll was approximately 1800. That's attack capped for monsters with less than 800 defense. The spreadsheets estimate Tojil having 1900 defense, so you'd need to reduce the defense by 58%. Angon(+2) and DiaIII(light shot) and Geo-Frailty are required to accomplish that. It's probably safe to say that any other set would not be attack capped.
By Ophannus 2013-09-07 13:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 309111

A set like this was looking pretty good on the spreadsheet. Legs augmented with 2% DA. This puts you at 23% so you'd need Ionis. Calmecac could win out if you could somehow get 2% more haste without losing any STP. This set gives you 20.4% TP per hit I remember which is more than enough to get consistent 5 hits even if you get a 3 hit stardiver as long as you WS in Mikinaak feet and Rajas Ring.

=Edit=

Now that I think of it, you could drop Ogier Hands, eat Carbonara and use Cizin Gloves with +2% DA Augment and gain 3% haste and 11STP(5 from Cizin Hands and 6 from Carbonara which gives you more than the set above) which would allow you to use Calmecac Trousers. The annoying this is Carbonara is scarce on many servers.

Quote:
The most attack I could get with Mikinaak R15, Minuet 4/5 and corsair roll was approximately 1800. That's attack capped for monsters with less than 800 defense. The spreadsheets estimate Tojil having 1900 defense, so you'd need to reduce the defense by 58%. Angon(+2) and DiaIII(light shot) and Geo-Frailty are required to accomplish that. It's probably safe to say that any other set would not be attack capped.

Is that accounting for Tojil's Attack Down aura?
 Leviathan.Vow
By Leviathan.Vow 2013-09-07 23:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt it.
 Odin.Shuinam
By Odin.Shuinam 2013-09-20 09:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Full buffs fighting tojil, this is what im getting as the best tp setup eating RCB (which so far beats any carbonara set up ive seen in the SS)

ItemSet 309556

Huginn Crit dmg+10% (NQ w/9% has 2 lower dps)
Hands DA+2%

This currently what I am using, which comes in a very close second.

ItemSet 308723

Hands DA+1%
Feet R15 Path A
 Leviathan.Vow
By Leviathan.Vow 2013-09-20 17:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't replicate your results.

ItemSet 312013

Or Ganesha's mala and Carbonara, depending on the amount of defense down applied.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-09-20 18:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

TP SET:

ItemSet 313406

Hands got ACC+5

WS SET (Drakesbane)

ItemSet 313407
 Odin.Shuinam
By Odin.Shuinam 2013-09-24 09:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
TP SET:

ItemSet 313406

Hands got ACC+5

WS SET (Drakesbane)

ItemSet 313407

Your way overloaded on STP in your tp set. I would change to pole grip to start, and get a ganesha's mala. That would leave you at 40STP and a true 5hit.

Drakesbane is an att deprived ws,and STR mod with crit dmg so you will want to use pieces that favor ATT/STR/DEX. Most of the Cizin pieces have this stat allocation and can be augmented with crit rate+1 or crit dmg+1. Otherwise Mikinaak R15 Path A is your best choices (typically).

Drakesbane has no use in delve (unless your group uses rogues roll, then the dmg is almost comparable to Stardiver)
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-09-24 11:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Shuinam said: »
TP SET:

ItemSet 313406

Hands got ACC+5

WS SET (Drakesbane)

ItemSet 313407

Your way overloaded on STP in your tp set. I would change to pole grip to start, and get a ganesha's mala. That would leave you at 40STP and a true 5hit.

Drakesbane is an att deprived ws,and STR mod with crit dmg so you will want to use pieces that favor ATT/STR/DEX. Most of the Cizin pieces have this stat allocation and can be augmented with crit rate+1 or crit dmg+1. Otherwise Mikinaak R15 Path A is your best choices (typically).

Drakesbane has no use in delve (unless your group uses rogues roll, then the dmg is almost comparable to Stardiver)

Thanks, 21 TP a hit on DRG right now, and yes Looking for a better Grip too.

Drakes does amazing dmg in Aby (due to crits) but been doing 5~7 K Drakes and 4~6 k Stardiver

Also ALL MY Armor is RANK 15 ^^; Sorry I forgot to mention it.

Thanks for the pointers tho.

Also got a new Healing Breath SET:

ItemSet 313604

HB4 been doing 850~978 HP Heals when HP is below 50%

(Hopefully that is a good #)
 Leviathan.Vow
By Leviathan.Vow 2013-09-24 16:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If you already use that set, you could easily use the set I posted. If you don't have the enif body, use Gorney.

Drakesbane is useful for Tax'et and Nerrivik, and will roughly beat a 2/5 Stardiver on days when Mekira-Oto +1 isn't in effect.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sanriku
By Quetzalcoatl.Sanriku 2013-09-24 17:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 313604

Personally, I'd drop Ostregers and use Buremte in HB set. What little you lose curing others, you will make up on yourself (and then some lol). And... 1 less inventory slot XD
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-09-25 18:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Sanriku said: »

ItemSet 313604

Personally, I'd drop Ostregers and use Buremte in HB set. What little you lose curing others, you will make up on yourself (and then some lol). And... 1 less inventory slot XD

:O Buremte Gloves work on HB too O.O that i did not expected. TY :D (didnt think of healing others ^^; was for me , soloing /WHM) XD

Will try , ty mate ~
By Ophannus 2013-09-26 13:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
:O Buremte Gloves work on HB too

Wait are you saying "Potency of Cure Effect Received" works on Healing Breath?
 Asura.Gippali
Server: Asura
user: Gippali
By Asura.Gippali 2013-09-26 15:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

I think he was asking the question. Due to him not using the "?" at the end and instead a silly face "o.o" it might have been confusing.

Also, this is what I am currently using:

TP:
ItemSet 312377

Both Cizin pieces have DA+2% and PDT -3%.
Miki are R15 Path A

Stardiver:
ItemSet 312376

Miki are R15 Path A

They do the job for now but still working on a few tweaks here and there.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sanriku
By Quetzalcoatl.Sanriku 2013-09-26 16:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

I haven't seen the testing on this, nor do I have the hands to test it myself... but why wouldn't it?

If anyone would care to test this, its a simple test of:

Naked - Convert > Healing Breath
Hands only - Convert > Healing Breath

That should show if its calculated, no?
First Page 2