Rune Fencer Atmas/where Am I Going Wrong?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Rune Fencer Atmas/where am I going wrong?
Rune Fencer Atmas/where am I going wrong?
 Bahamut.Mizucallow
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Mizucallow 2013-08-20 14:15:01
Link | Quote | Reply

ATM I'm using RR VV Stout Arm trying to get as much Resolution damage as possible. I came to Rune Fencer thinking I could do things with a Great Sword like DRK could but I feel I was very mistaken. What atmas are best for RUN and what damage can I expect from Resolution?
 Siren.Finality
Server: Siren
user: Finality
By Siren.Finality 2013-08-20 14:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

For damage I personally run Razed Ruins, Gnarled Horn, Apocalypse. If no apocalypse, sanguine scythe works. VV and str atmas are very over rated, crit is where it's at.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-08-20 14:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried rune fencer in abyssea with the same GS my DRK uses and it never came close to my DRK's damage. Rune fencer isn't a pure DD, it's supposed to be a magic tank that just happens to have a GS.

Resolution has an attack penalty and it shows more on RUN because it has lower attack than a DRK. It can still put out nice reso numbers, just don't expect anything close to a DRK.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2013-08-20 14:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You shouldn't really be having attack problems in Abyssea. For pure damage, VV/RR/Apoc is the best choice.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-08-20 14:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

No, but even so, it isn't going to compare to a DRK using the same atma setup is what I meant.
 Bahamut.Mizucallow
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Mizucallow 2013-08-20 14:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not having any damage problems per say its just I'm coming from PUP where I have Stringing Pummel and I was hoping to get past those numbers.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-08-20 14:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I like RR, VV, and Apoc or Alpha & Omega for triple attacking myself using a senbaak in abyssea is easy mode.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-08-20 14:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

When it comes to abyssea and crit hit damage/rate and Pummel, it's going to be extremely difficult to beat, especially when using a WS that has an attack penalty, and does not crit hit at all.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2013-08-20 15:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, /NIN with swords is looking like a pretty good option in Abyssea if you don't have a Senbaak Nagan.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-08-20 15:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Dual swords (especially now since you can dualwield Halchuinic swords on the str path, is pretty awesome. It gives you a crit hit ws to use with relatively high base damage.

However, the comparison was between Resolution and Rune Fencer to Stringing Pummel and Puppet Master.

You could also choose to use /DNC as a sub alternatively.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2013-08-20 15:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, I realize all that but it's worth expanding the field of view to another option on the same job in question.