Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-01 13:54:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
DRK does not have an attack advantage for Requiescat and should not be doing more damage.

Would the TPbonus WAR gets from Savagery beat DRK's natural ATT advantage or I am reading too far into this?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2013-09-01 14:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I was comparing DRK vs BLU, but I do think WAR might get a little more attack on Requiescat vs DRK when you take Fencer and slightly higher skill into account.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-01 14:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I was comparing DRK vs BLU, but I do think WAR might get a little more attack on Requiescat vs DRK when you take Fencer and slightly higher skill into account.

ah, ok. Of the jobs able to use it, the gear and weapons afforded to them, BLU is definitely the IDEAL job if Requiescat is needed. It helps that BLU brings a lot of other tools to the table.
 Asura.Sorseis
Server: Asura
user: avengerx
By Asura.Sorseis 2013-09-01 14:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

So is
Mnk/Mnk/Drg/Brd/Cor/Whm
Rng/Rng/Sam/Brd/Cor/Whm
Geo/Geo/Brd/Rdm/Sch/Sch
an acceptable set-up for a Ceizak megaboss run?
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-09-01 14:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Requiescat deals non-attributable damage, but uses physical calculations to deal weapon skill damage. It works in much the same way that Murasamemaru does for all of samurai's weapon skills.

That said, BLU gets quite a bit of attack using traits, proper food, bard songs, and corsair rolls, as well as equipped traits/subjob traits, and from armor.

There should be little reason to say that Requiescat for blu sucks, unless your blu sucks, and still uses a weapon with a base damage of 60 or less.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-01 15:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Even before SoA gear/content BLU Requiescat was very potent as an alternative to standard physical DD's. With the updates to 1handed, skill, gear, and all the physical resistant mobs, I can't see how it could be underestimated by so many.
 Odin.Brozzzz
user: Brozzzz
By Odin.Brozzzz 2013-09-01 15:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sorseis said: »
So is
Mnk/Mnk/Drg/Brd/Cor/Whm
Rng/Rng/Sam/Brd/Cor/Whm
Geo/Geo/Brd/Rdm/Sch/Sch

That setup should work fine. Although, a ranger based setup is by no means necessary anymore, honestly. My linkshell has killed that bee every time with an all dd setup (in some cases without a DRG since there was none on at the time, or they'd be better on other job(s)). Note: every bee kill ended with 10 minutes left in the zone without the use of beads.

Also, for those of you posting about WAR / DRK using req.; lol. It'd probably be easier to get your other DDs to suck less.
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-09-01 15:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Brozzzz said: »
Asura.Sorseis said: »
So is
Mnk/Mnk/Drg/Brd/Cor/Whm
Rng/Rng/Sam/Brd/Cor/Whm
Geo/Geo/Brd/Rdm/Sch/Sch

That setup should work fine. Although, a ranger based setup is by no means necessary anymore, honestly. My linkshell has killed that bee every time with an all dd setup (in some cases without a DRG since there was none on at the time, or they'd be better on other job(s)). Note: every bee kill ended with 10 minutes left in the zone without the use of beads.

Also, for those of you posting about WAR / DRK using req.; lol. It'd probably be easier to get your other DDs to suck less.

RNG setup was never necessary. It's just faster/easier if your DDs don't suck.

BLUx3 + RNGx3 go.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-09-01 16:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep in mind people always assume annihilator for these rng based setups, you can buy the AH bow or gun and do just fine. Enmity is hardly a concern with how fast it drops and the TP moves being stunned.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-09-03 13:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK does not have an attack advantage for Requiescat and should not be doing more damage.

Well if we assume the party that is say 3x BLU, and they get Chaos roll ~ where as the party that has a DRK in it will gain a Higher attack bonus from Chaos Roll due to Job Bonus ~

And I said "most regular BLU" which is to say, most are far from well geared enough to gain more attack than DRK. This might only be a Cerberus issue~

However I couldn't check if I wanted to, my Sky internet keeps cutting in and out. I keep getting weird Packet delays in game as well (unrelated I know~).

Does anyone have a DRK Requiescat set with their attacks so we can compare and show math rather than just "eye balling" it would be interesting to see what is and isn't achieveable, if only from a Scholary perspective.
 Sylph.Guebotermico
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Guebotermico 2013-09-03 15:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

No sure if its the 100% best but this will bring it down if done correctly. For your 2 DD Partys.

Party 1 sam sam sam whm brd cor
Party 2 mnk mnk mnk whm brd cor
Party 3 Sch/blm sch/blm sch/rdm RDM PlD GEO

Sam party will need rng acc songs. Reason why they are in another party. Also get decent sams with shark Gk + Delve Bow with Apex Arrow and a Good ws set. Put your best whm in sam party as they wont have mantra for HP Bonus. At 100% do Geo 1Hour to Defence Down then Use Mnk 1Hour. do first Embrava at 75% do sam 1 Hour at 35% then try for Cors to reset it focus on reset their 1 hour with both cors as apex arrow is alot more DMG. Around 25-20% have mnks Use Formless When their dmg start sucking. As it will do abit more per hit than a normal hit (from what I had seen). keep WSing when Tp is 100% the Rest is just base on Luck. If You start with about 15min sams dont die. And stuns and Cures do their thing then it will most likely die unless your DD are gimp. Good luck. Hope this helps you out. And I got the strat from a good friend of mines it works like a charm. Especially for 1-5 Nm + Boss if you do all 5 NM use your embravas this way. Scorpion X1 Gnat X1 the last one use on boss at 75% Sorry for the crappy english its my secound lenguage.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-09-03 16:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I really don't see the point in blowing wldcards on sam SP, it's very underwhelming at best and a dps loss at worst with good buffs.
 Sylph.Guebotermico
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Guebotermico 2013-09-03 16:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
I really don't see the point in blowing wldcards on sam SP, it's very underwhelming at best and a dps loss at worst with good buffs.

i respect your opinion and you are welcome to try it boths ways however i found that for me that works alot better because, THAT PDT hurts even the best mnks, but at the same time its by passed by apex arrow 2-3 sam 2hs on x3 sam thas alot of powerful apex with 300% tp power due to their 1 hour being Active, and on top of that bypassing BEE PDT. so it would bring down the boss alot faster than crappy hits being nerfed by its PDT. but yeah try it boths way and time it and then see what kills it faster. = that is what matters at the end to kill it the fastest possible way
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-09-03 17:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

he's not saying apex arrow is bad, he's saying meikyo is bad
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2013-09-05 15:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

Well if we assume the party that is say 3x BLU, and they get Chaos roll ~ where as the party that has a DRK in it will gain a Higher attack bonus from Chaos Roll due to Job Bonus ~

And I said "most regular BLU" which is to say, most are far from well geared enough to gain more attack than DRK. This might only be a Cerberus issue~

However I couldn't check if I wanted to, my Sky internet keeps cutting in and out. I keep getting weird Packet delays in game as well (unrelated I know~).

Does anyone have a DRK Requiescat set with their attacks so we can compare and show math rather than just "eye balling" it would be interesting to see what is and isn't achieveable, if only from a Scholary perspective.

Okay I guess I'll have to spell it out then:

DRK's typical attack advantage comes from its Attack Bonus traits and Last Resort. /WAR is probably a bad idea since you'll likely want /SAM for the rest of the run.

Attack Bonus VI= +72 Attack
Last Resort= same +25% as Berserk, although they can keep it up a greater percent of the time.

You can already take off 10 Attack since both jobs share Attack Bonus I. You can then take off another 29 Attack due to the difference in base skill. It's also not unlikely that the BLU will have sword merits while the DRK will not, but I'll ignore that. The attack advantage is down to 33.

Now let's look at the weapons. Ignoring the glaring base damage difference, Halachuinic Sword has about +190 attack when fully augmented. Buramenk'ah has 261. So that 33 attack advantage is down to -38.

Want to bring up Chaos Roll? How about I bring up the fact that BLU can also fulltime Triumphant Roar (+15%), and by that point DRK is already annihilated.

Again, I'm doing BLU the disservice of ignoring the base damage difference on the two swords, as well as ignoring gear and other DD trait differences (Without looking at gear sets, they are probably fairly similar on the WS set end). I'm also ignoring the rather glaring WS frequency advantage afforded by DW and the extra offhand hit, since again, the DRK will probably want /SAM for the rest of the run.
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-09-05 15:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Guebotermico said: »
No sure if its the 100% best but this will bring it down if done correctly. For your 2 DD Partys.

Party 1 sam sam sam whm brd cor
Party 2 mnk mnk mnk whm brd cor
Party 3 Sch/blm sch/blm sch/rdm RDM PlD GEO

Sam party will need rng acc songs. Reason why they are in another party. Also get decent sams with shark Gk + Delve Bow with Apex Arrow and a Good ws set. Put your best whm in sam party as they wont have mantra for HP Bonus. At 100% do Geo 1Hour to Defence Down then Use Mnk 1Hour. do first Embrava at 75% do sam 1 Hour at 35% then try for Cors to reset it focus on reset their 1 hour with both cors as apex arrow is alot more DMG. Around 25-20% have mnks Use Formless When their dmg start sucking. As it will do abit more per hit than a normal hit (from what I had seen). keep WSing when Tp is 100% the Rest is just base on Luck. If You start with about 15min sams dont die. And stuns and Cures do their thing then it will most likely die unless your DD are gimp. Good luck. Hope this helps you out. And I got the strat from a good friend of mines it works like a charm. Especially for 1-5 Nm + Boss if you do all 5 NM use your embravas this way. Scorpion X1 Gnat X1 the last one use on boss at 75% Sorry for the crappy english its my secound lenguage.

SAM 2hr sucks.

Apex arrow does well on Bee 4-5k at the beginning, 2-3k at the end. You will need sushi+preludes+a heavy Racc WS set. Last bee was Apex ACC was 54%. But I forgot my Racc Apex set and preludes were not consistent.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-09-05 16:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bring 2 x BLU/WAR's to Bee and you won't have problems in it's final phase. AA SAM's are also good to bring along, ideally you want at least 3 people who can deal high damage on Bee's final phase (we got with BLU x 2 + AA SAM). I don't recommend RNG unless your beading because it sucks on the other NM's, both Scorp and Mastop are harder then the Bee itself.

On a side note, AT works on both the Scorp and Mastop so having 2 of them makes those fights hilarious.
[+]
 Asura.Tot
Server: Asura
By Asura.Tot 2013-09-05 16:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK/DRG/BLU/COR(DD)/BRD/WHM
MNK/DRG/BLU/COR(DD)/BRD/WHM
SCH/SCH/GEO/GEO/BRD/RDM

The only issue is finding cor's worth a damn, and good blu's are rare too.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-09-05 17:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

apex sam utterly destroys blu if you can get tulfaires and use buffs properly

and yea, melee cors definitely good, usually comes out ahead of drg mnk blu but behind sam by a decent bit

using:
SAM SAM SAM BRD COR WHM
MNK MNK DRG BRD COR WHM
SCH SCH BRD RDM GEO BRD

atm is 3-4 min kills(timing from engage, last was 3:27), though the mage party can easily be reduced to just SCH BRD RDM
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-09-05 17:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ideally, we should just figure out what triggers the -dt.

I've only seen the -dt up only once in all the times I've fought it.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-05 18:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said: »
SAM 2hr sucks.

Basically this.

There are some 2hrs that get better with haste, but since you can't gain TP normally during meiko, it's useless in those situations. It's basically a loss of DPS.