2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » Delve Megaboss Muyingwa (Bee) - last 25%
Delve Megaboss Muyingwa (Bee) - last 25%
First Page 2
By Rankik 2013-08-14 14:00:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all,

My Ls has been trying to take down this NM for a while now and we just can't get it down, always end up at 15% due to the massive PDT it gains. The first 75% is very easy for us, takes about 5 minutes but that last 25, we just get to the point of stuns being resisted and/or running out of time, and we have had fights with 25 minutes before engaging.

This is what we have tried as far as our set ups:

Standard Tojil like group with monks and a drg.

Party of 3 rngs as DD and monks/drg/sam as last group

2 rngs, sam with masu, 2 mnks, and drg

Even one time with a blu to help bypass the PDT.

Issue we come up to is the rngs start to pull too much hate and have to hold back at the end. Even the ones with relic gun, due to the other DD doing so little damage at the end they are unable to hold the bee.

All the other members are standard, 2 brds, 2 cors, 2 geos, heals, 3 stunners. We rotate 7 songs and 4 rolls.

Any advise on what can be done or how others have gotten their first bee kill would be appreciated. We got shark and tojil down, we just need him! Thanks :-)
 Bismarck.Squah
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Squah
By Bismarck.Squah 2013-08-14 14:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

We have 3 99Anni RNG and the thing drops like a brick. Had our fastest run ever this week, where Muyingwa died in 2min15sec iirc. If your relic RNG are pulling hate, they are not properly utilizing Decoy Shot. If there is still an enmity problem, just have them run in with the melees and continue fighting. /DRG for high jump hate shed is another alternative.

I cannot speak for pure melee runs as we have the resources to do it the ranged route, but pre-patch we were clearing in 37-40 minutes, with postpatch clears around 32-35 minutes.

Edit: we use 3RNG + MNK DRG SAM.
[+]
By Ravenn42 2013-09-01 10:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanted to know if there is any new strategies on this nm that work better or just as we'll as the rng strat?

We have rng but only have 1 relic rng.
 Sylph.Rebo
Server: Sylph
user: Rebo
By Sylph.Rebo 2013-09-01 10:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Couple Sam's w/ apex arrow do it quick also.
By Ophannus 2013-09-01 10:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU does well too; requiescat still does 5k+ while other DDs are slacking since Req bypasses the pdt.
[+]
By Ravenn42 2013-09-01 10:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
BLU does well too; requiescat still does 5k+ while other DDs are slacking since Req bypasses the pdt.

Does blue do the best requiescat Damage compared to the other jobs that can use the ws
 Asura.Aikchan
Server: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-09-01 10:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravenn42 said: »
Ophannus said: »

Does blue do the best requiescat Damage compared to the other jobs that can use the ws

with the current gear and all the buff/debuff (brd,geo,cor), not really, a war, drk for sure will do better coz have more atk than a blu and requiescat have an atk penalty, just that blu can do something else that just requiescat even a cor might do same dmg as a BLU.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-09-01 10:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

No, you're dumb. BLU can /war and DW, has much better gear, and most importantly has tojil sword.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-09-01 10:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

if you use full buff/debuff, pld/dnc with kc offhand will do the greatest damage for bee/mastop

if you dont have daurdaublas or dont care to rotate, blu

nothing wrong with apex on sam either(or mura, but that's no longer an A-list option), and a rng party does well for the people who use it
By Darkmagi1 2013-09-01 10:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

That sounds highly unrealistic though, I would absolutely not recommend that. Especially for a group that's having trouble killing it without requiescat. Also terror for scorp which is a nice crutch for people who are bad at keeping enfeebles up. @KC pld
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-09-01 10:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Which part? PLD KC has more accuracy than anything did before all the buffs, it's not very difficult to cap. BLU is certainly easier to max out, but you don't really know what their members have and I'd assume they have access to all other boss gear and all skirmish gear.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-09-01 10:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I just assume a group failing to get bee down with an all melee setup has a few issues going for them. I guess assumptions are bad, but it really isn't hard even with no magic damage, so I figured they have a lack of buffs or swap issues. That or bad DD.
 Bismarck.Mankey
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Mankey 2013-09-01 11:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if you have one, but you could try adding a WHM to RNG party. With -pdt/def gear you can just swap into it if needed. My LS uses 3x Donderbuss RNG along with everyone else on tojil jobs. Bee takes about 2min and the whole run maybe 30-35mins.
 Asura.Aikchan
Server: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-09-01 11:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
No, you're dumb. BLU can /war and DW, has much better gear, and most importantly has tojil sword.
loltojil sword for a nonelementaldamage ws... /war yea? forgot war merits works as subjob my bad...
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-09-01 11:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

it's nonelemental, not non physical

you are a dumbass
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-01 11:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
it's nonelemental, not non physical

you are a dumbass

It's also not physical, it's just calculated with physical WS math. It's also only subject to SOME of the physical damage type resistance.

OT, but that's the reason it performs so well on -PDT mobs.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-09-01 11:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

>semantics

there's no official term for what it is, it just bypasses most resistances

it's calculated using physical formula and based on physical attack, it's a physical ws

you wouldn't say wildfire isn't magical just because it bypasses some things that block magic damage
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-01 11:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

>semantics

there's no official term for what it is, it just bypasses most resistances

it's calculated using physical formula and based on physical attack, it's a physical ws

you wouldn't say wildfire isn't magical just because it bypasses some things that block magic damage

Either by design or accident it doesn't behave as either physical or magical in EVERY situation, it's kinda random. It is semantics, I guess, but the only thing you can say is that it's calculated as physical, because it's obviously not "physical".

I wouldn't say anything about Wildfire, but I used Requiescat as my primary weaponskill on both RDM and BLU vs all kinds of mobs with all kinds of resistances, and that's my take on how it behaves.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-09-01 11:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

it's not random, everything it bypasses it does so consistantly and everything it doesn't it doesn't consistantly

not really sure what you're trying to add, i don't think anyone in this thread has any problem understanding that requiescat avoids some penalties.. guy just thought weapon was irrelevant
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-01 12:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

it's not random, everything it bypasses it does so consistantly and everything it doesn't it doesn't consistantly

not really sure what you're trying to add, i don't think anyone in this thread has any problem understanding that requiescat avoids some penalties.. guy just thought weapon was irrelevant

It is sometimes subject to slashing or piercing resistance (depending on the type or sword you're using) and sometimes deals no damage to magic/physical immune or lower damage to -MDT mobs. The WS might not be different, but it doesn't bypass all resistances of each type.

Either way, yes, even though it's not strictly a physical WS, it IS calculated as one and should be geared as one.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-09-01 12:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a physical ws with a special property. why are you trying to make it more difficult? and piercing swords still do slashing damage on ws
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-01 12:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
It's a physical ws with a special property. why are you trying to make it more difficult? and piercing swords still do slashing damage on ws

Because someone passively reading the thread gets nothing from the "you're a dumbass" response, that's all.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-09-01 12:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

i thought it was pretty clearly directed at implying buramenkah isn't the best requiescat sword
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-09-01 12:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aikchan said: »
loltojil sword for a nonelementaldamage ws... /war yea? forgot war merits works as subjob my bad...

the ***? not that there aren't 99 things already wrong with aikchan's posts, but seriously wtf is this even talking about?
By Ophannus 2013-09-01 12:38:19
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU has better traits for Req and is also useful on other NMs too.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-09-01 12:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think reiteration of facts, when explained, is a bad thing. As not everyone knows them, even if they are pointed out in several places. I mean, even BG wiki's page doesn't go in to much detail other than stating:

Quote:
Deals property-less damage (not Magic or Physical), but uses regular physical damage equations.

Which can help you understand a few things but not really specifics.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-01 12:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »

the ***? not that there aren't 99 things already wrong with aikchan's posts, but seriously wtf is this even talking about?

I'd assume he's making a parallel between WAR's relatively low berserk downtime and savagery merits not translating to subjob. But, ya, it's not the reason BLU does Req far better.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-09-01 13:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Fenrir.Sylow said: »

I'd assume he's making a parallel between WAR's relatively low berserk downtime and savagery merits not translating to subjob. But, ya, it's not the reason BLU does Req far better.

DRK's I have seen do the most Damage on Requiscat due to the sheer amount of attack they can get compared to a regular BLU. That said BLU's are generally speaking more geared for this, you rarely see a DRK with a Requiscat build, and can use this ws along with other Attack bonus buffs to really bring the damage up.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2013-09-01 13:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK does not have an attack advantage for Requiescat and should not be doing more damage.
[+]
First Page 2