Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » BRD script skill up
BRD script skill up
 Siren.Jebroubien
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: ash3r
By Siren.Jebroubien 2013-08-13 09:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

While I am sitting around in line for behemoth pops. I imagine I could be skilling up my song skill. But I can't figure out the best way to trigger a script to just continuously run different carols over and over. Please Advise. Thanks :)
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-08-13 09:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Spellcast and a skill-up XML file.

Simply make a file in Windower/Plugins/spellcast/ and save it as a .xml file with the contents of that Pastebin (better with the Raw one, makes it a simple Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C jobby) and start an Etude. Feel free to change the spells, but you may need to adjust the delay if you do.
 Lakshmi.Toioiz
Server: Lakshmi
user: Toioiz
By Lakshmi.Toioiz 2013-08-13 09:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a fan of this combined skillup script:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/37599/skill-up-script-for-windower-4/#2298012
 Siren.Jebroubien
By Siren.Jebroubien 2013-08-13 09:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweet. Thanks x2 :)
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-08-13 09:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I never advocate using a multi-job skill-up script. If something "doesn't work", then the beginner to spellcast is likely to get overly confused trying to fix it - or they're going to wait for help that may or may not work (and could take a long time to surface).

Anyone that CAN understand a multi-job skill-up script already knows how Spellcast works well enough to make their own to begin with, and is likely not asking for one.

On top of that, they don't perform a task any better, they're just needlessly messy and convoluted.
 Siren.Jebroubien
By Siren.Jebroubien 2013-08-13 10:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hitetsu,

Will this script continously run? Or will I have to hit the macro key every time it runs through the script?
 Asura.Tawhoya
Server: Asura
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2013-08-13 10:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Your text to link here...

The script I use is simple, runs fine, and is continuous if you want to try that.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-08-13 10:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Jebroubien said: »
Hitetsu,

Will this script continously run? Or will I have to hit the macro key every time it runs through the script?

It'll run continuously, though it's intended to be used as a "load as you need" spellcast. To finish it, you should be able to rest and it be good. I've not used it in a few years though, so I can't really remember :D

If it's still trying to cast songs after you've rested for a bit, then just //unload Spellcast or load a different file (//sc l filename)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [284 days between previous and next post]
By sefalon 2014-05-24 17:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got a script I like for bard I saved it in the scripts folder and I also saved skillupcore in scripts I tried to do the //launch and its not working. Am I missing something I had it working before update.
By Pantafernando 2014-05-24 17:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

sefalon said: »
I just got a script I like for bard I saved it in the scripts folder and I also saved skillupcore in scripts I tried to do the //launch and its not working. Am I missing something I had it working before update.

Ive always been using nimotas skill up script. Never failed me, and even allow to skill up with targeted magics like dia/ bio, that become very relevant with the reives giving skill ups (so you dont risk being attacked while afk). There, the start is a magic-trigger pre determined. Once you cast it, it start the routine. Maybe that should be your problem, need to start the routine with a specific magic.
By sefalon 2014-05-24 17:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

SO I just save it in scripts I don't need to load anything?
By Pantafernando 2014-05-24 17:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

SO I just save it in scripts I don't need to load anything?

Need to put the script in spellcast folder, use //sc load xxx.xml then use the trigger the program should have to start working.
By sefalon 2014-05-24 18:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

well I found out what is going on. new windower doesn't have spellcast. I had to re download after update and spellcast isn't a plug in anymore
By Pantafernando 2014-05-24 19:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

well I found out what is going on. new windower doesn't have spellcast. I had to re download after update and spellcast isn't a plug in anymore

Yes. they wont suport it anymore, instead, will work with gearswap.
[+]
By sefalon 2014-05-24 19:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Yes. they wont suport it anymore, instead, will work with gearswap.

ok all these files are lua... my computer doesn't support those. DO I just put those scripts in gearswap? DO I need change the lua files?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [84 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Server: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2014-08-16 17:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kaitaru said: »
Took Hitetsu's thingie and turned it into a XML file and popped it in the Gearswap folder. I assume some things need to be changed or it has to be re written as a LUA? No clue what to do :<. Was able to find this but not sure how it works :/ http://pastebin.com/eu6im6HC#
This is already written in lua. Paste it into a blank notepad+, set the language to LUA and save it. Follow the steps found as of line 2 and on.
Code
1.)place "skillup.lua" in your normal gearswap folder(where all your job files are)
2.)then use "gs l skillup.lua" to load this skill up in to gearswap

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Server: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2014-08-17 01:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Make sure the file is saved in the addons/gearswap/data folder as skillup.lua

Also ensure you set the language to LUA.

Other than that, it should work.

//gs l skillup.lua

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Acacia
Server: Odin
user: Acacia
By Odin.Acacia 2014-08-28 21:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Use GearSwap, just make an aftercast function that uses send_command to wait a bit and then cast again.
By Zubrin 2014-08-30 23:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

http://pastebin.com/K1UB54wg

I made that a while ago for Threnody skilling. The most you might have to do is edit the gear/food choice if it differs for you. I tried to keep it simple. Just select your target, then //gs c Skill and it will go until you //gs c Skill again. On my server, the Lair Reive south of Marjami #1 was always untouched. Just keep about 19.9' away to avoid any aggro. Don't forget Ionis/Moogle trust!