Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Spellcast Issue
Spellcast Issue
By Sykotik7S 2013-08-04 20:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Afternoon, everyone. I'm trying to use Nightfyre's DRK spellcast, and when I save it into my spellcast directory as DRK.XML, it says "no xml can be found" when I try to load it up. :/ Not sure what's causing this as all my other spellcast load with no issues. Any input would be great. Thank you!
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-08-04 20:48:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Double check that it is in the actual spellcast folder and not the windower folder. Double check the name. Double check the version of spellcast, though I believe that would give a different error.

Edit: also, what program are you using to view/edit the file? Notepad++ has syntax checking and you can view it as an actual XML instead of just a text document like most other text programs like Notepad/Wordpad/Word/Works, etc.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-08-04 20:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Make sure that you saved it as an XML file and not a txt file called DRK.XML.txt
By Sykotik7S 2013-08-04 20:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It's in the correct folder. I would imagine I have the most up to date spellcast, the new Windower 4 checks for updates. I'm not sure what could possibly be causing. It's also named correctly.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-08-04 20:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

in game attempt to load the XML manually. //sc load DRK, also try unloading spellcast and reloading it. //unload spellcast //load spellcast.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-08-04 21:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

If you got it from pastebin I would strongly suggest making sure it's ACTUALLY an XML file and not saved as a TXT file, because pastebin often doesn't save default to XML for me.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-08-04 21:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
If you got it from pastebin I would strongly suggest making sure it's ACTUALLY an XML file and not saved as a TXT file, because pastebin often doesn't save default to XML for me.
This. Windows defaults to not showing file extensions so it's easy to mistakenly name it and still have it be a txt or other file types.

If you aren't sure just right click and hit properties. Under the general tab, you'll see "type of file" and it should say XML there.
 Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Hidegger
By Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger 2013-08-04 21:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

if its not the .xml extension I've seen others trying to save to the old windower folders and not the windower4 folder.
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-08-04 22:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

In most programs, entering this literally: "drk.xml"

With the quotes, will force it to save the way you like.

Also, "Hide file extensions of known file types" can cause confusion when programs are creating "drk.xml.txt" or "drk.xml.doc" etc, lol.

Here's a google search to show how to disable it.