Link | Quote | Reply

^lol
 Fenrir.Wynnia
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Wynnia
By Fenrir.Wynnia 2013-07-27 09:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I just want to make sure I have this straight. I can bring a job and be useful to the fight, or be a total bump on the log and contribute nothing, and I pay 40m gil either way? I fail to see the upside of contributing.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-07-27 09:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Some people just enjoy participating in high end events with a good group. If that group meets their criteria and they'd have more fun participating, there's no reason for them to be standing at the start. The job requirement is because someone doing nothing is generally less of a liability than someone of questionable attention span and knowledge/gear doing something.
[+]
 Fenrir.Elliott
user: Elliott
By Fenrir.Elliott 2013-07-27 09:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Some people just enjoy participating in high end events with a good group. If that group meets their criteria and they'd have more fun participating, there's no reason for them to be standing at the start. The job requirement is because someone doing nothing is generally less of a liability than someone of questionable attention span and knowledge/gear doing something.

Which is exactly why selling these key items is ridiculous. I guess it's good business, and I can understand the benefits from doing so, but in my opinion it just shows poor character.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-07-27 09:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

There's nothing wrong with selling a KI to someone who can't handle the fight. This group, like mine, allows you to do nothing. You just aren't forced to do nothing.

Many people would rather be a part of the content they're paying so much to get a group for than stand at the entrance and just take the items. Trust me, they aren't allowing buyers to be integral part of the strategy because it'll make it easier for them.
 Fenrir.Elliott
user: Elliott
By Fenrir.Elliott 2013-07-27 09:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

There's nothing wrong with selling a KI to someone who can't handle the fight. This group, like mine, allows you to do nothing. You just aren't forced to do nothing.

Many people would rather be a part of the content they're paying so much to get a group for than stand at the entrance and just take the items.

There is nothing "wrong" with it, but selling key items just doesn't sit well with me, and I view groups that sell them as detrimental to the game. Also, I'm not sure why someone who couldn't do it themselves would buy it, because if they're not doing Delve what do they really need the gear for?
 Carbuncle.Blazer
Server: Carbuncle
user: blazey
By Carbuncle.Blazer 2013-07-27 10:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Elliott said: »

Many people would rather be a part of the content they're paying so much to get a group for than stand at the entrance and just take the items.

There is nothing "wrong" with it, but selling key items just doesn't sit well with me, and I view groups that sell them as detrimental to the game. Also, I'm not sure why someone who couldn't do it themselves would buy it, because if they're not doing Delve what do they really need the gear for?

Obviously to make this fight easier:
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-07-27 10:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Being able to perform 1 role in delve is a lot different from having a group capable of every role adequately. A large portion of the playerbase can play one job adequately. Very few have groups of 17 others that can. You are not even required to participate, it's merely an option.

People would buy the gear because doing everything significantly faster results in getting significantly more ... everything.
[+]
By Kin37ix 2013-07-27 11:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
The current cost is set at 40,000,000G per person and, as slots are extremely limited and first-come first serve, they are expected to go very fast - so sign up early!

By applecrunch 2013-07-27 12:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

You need Delve gear so when you afk in Jeuno it looks like you accomplished something.
 Lakshmi.Feint
Server: Lakshmi
user: feint2021
By Lakshmi.Feint 2013-07-27 12:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

So they can still be out damaged by better player in plasm parties.
 Bahamut.Sparkit
Server: Bahamut
user: Sparkit
By Bahamut.Sparkit 2013-07-27 12:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Taylor Swift... really?

On a serious and unrelated note Sylow would you mind telling me how you got your buff icons to look like that? Thanks in advance ^^